Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for all you long time Clemson sports fans:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Question for all you long time Clemson sports fans:

Feb 15, 2018, 9:23 AM

What do y'all think coach rat-face, or coach dean "the whiney mouth" smith, or even Rick Barnes would do if an opposing player hacked one of their players in the head so hard that they had to go to the hospital and the refs never even called a foul?

Or what do you think Dabo would have done if the same type of thing had been done to one of his players?

And what SHOULD the do?

I'll take it off the air and listen....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for all you long time Clemson sports fans:

Feb 15, 2018, 9:29 AM

I just know if the team were reversed it would have been a foul and probably a flagrant one at that. And then Gman on tv trying to say he hit his head on the floor. Yeah after he collapsed into unconciousness maybe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2018, 9:31 AM

What do expect from a Duke guy?

I don't think I've watched a game in a long time in which

Feb 15, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Question for all you long time Clemson sports fans: ]

the announcers were so totally one-sided. If you weren't watching, and were not aware of the score, but relying only on their commentary, you would have thought FSU led from wire-to-wire, and dominated the entire way. I know we tanked in the second half and turned the ball over and did plenty on our own to deserve the loss; but good lawd the announcers should at least make an effort to pretend to be unbiased.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 15, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Question for all you long time Clemson sports fans: ]

If Dean Smith, the whole officiating crew would probably be wearing cement overshoes. At the very least, they would never officiate another game in Chapel Hill. Don't mess with the Dean.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2018, 9:56 AM

I have watched Clemson Basketball for 50 + years and nothing changes as far as how the ACC officiating goes and its biased calls and many no calls against Clemson. I know some people on here will say I am wrong but I have seen too much to not believe this. Last night's no call flagrant was a classic example of this. Had it been any other team in the ACC I am convinced it would have been a flagrant foul and someone probably would have been ejected particularly had Clemson been the offender. Think about this from a statistical stand point; what are the odds that one team can play at a certain location 59 times and lose 59 times? This crap needs to be called out for what it is.

Feb 15, 2018, 10:18 AM

He was just trying to block the layup, it’s not like he was trying to take Mitchell out of the game. And to be honest all those coaches probably would’ve done what Brownell did, Make sure his player is ok.

Feb 15, 2018, 10:39 AM

Based on your logic there should never be any fouls, as defensive players are always trying to steal the ball, or block the shot so any contact is just based on their effort to play defense.

I'm sure the FSU player didn't intentionally try to take him out of the game, but when you jump above a player, bring your arms down with force, and make forcible contact with the offensive players head that is a foul 99% of the time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2018, 11:14 AM

I’m not saying it wasn’t a foul, it was a foul, but the original post was acting like the Florida State kid was trying to take Mitchell out of the game. What should Brownell have done? Argued with the refs and get a technical?

Nothing. It was inadverdent

Feb 15, 2018, 10:23 AM

And you can't see it unless it's in slow motion.

That happens all the time and they never call it.

It's fantasy to think you get that call.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's simply incorrect, they call fouls for inadvertent

Feb 15, 2018, 10:41 AM

contact with the opponents head all the time.

Not to mention it's hard to be inadvertent when you bring your arms down while you're above another player, that's actually quite the opposite.

Aren't 99% of all fouls - inadvertent?

Feb 15, 2018, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Nothing. It was inadverdent ]

in·ad·vert·ent
?in?d?v?rtnt/Submit
adjective
not resulting from or achieved through deliberate planning.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Can a play be inadvertent and a flagrant foul? I think so ..

Feb 15, 2018, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Nothing. It was inadverdent ]

But maybe someone can confirm.

Re: Can a play be inadvertent and a flagrant foul? I think so ..

Feb 15, 2018, 11:12 AM

d. Flagrant 2 personal foul.
A flagrant 2 personal foul is a personal foul that involves contact with an opponent that is not only excessive, but also severe or extreme while the ball is live. In determining whether a foul has risen to the level of a flagrant 2, officials should consider the following:
1. The severity of the contact;

2. Whether a player is making a legitimate effort to block a shot. Note that a player may still be assessed a flagrant 2 foul on an attempted blocked shot when there are other factors such as hard contact to the head or the defender winding up or emphatically following through with the contact);

3. The potential for injury resulting from the contact (e.g., a blow to the head or a foul committed while the player was in a vulnerable position), and

4 Any contact by the offending player to the groin area of an opponent which is not clearly accidental. Note: The above acts represent examples of potential flagrant 2 fouls. Other acts may also qualify, if they meet the criteria of being not only excessive but also severe or extreme.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

So CBB & AD should be challenging the ACC. Similar to FB ...

Feb 15, 2018, 1:07 PM

Intentions (which rarely can be determined) do not come into play.

It seems that upon replay there was indisputably “hard contact to the head”and “potential for injury resultant from contact”. The officiating crew even upon video evidence and reflection ignored an easy Flagrant 2.

If the same play happens to Grayson Allen on Sunday, it will be called differently - and the media storyline will also be different.

You don’t have to be a conspiracy nut to recognize bias.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic