Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for FSU. When do you fire the idiots that hired Taggart?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,411

Question for FSU. When do you fire the idiots that hired Taggart?

Nov 3, 2019, 7:53 PM

Someone should be held accountable for that $17 Million super blunder !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many of those are the same ones that allowed

Nov 3, 2019, 7:56 PM

Jimbo to run amuck? They should have already been gone.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: How many of those are the same ones that allowed

Nov 3, 2019, 8:15 PM

I think they pulled the plug too soon. Taggart inherited a mess.........created by, imo, one of the most overated coaches in histoy.....Jimbo Fisher. Bobby Bowden created a powerhouse organization and produced many winner athletes.
Willie Taggart is a good football coach and a good man. Not to say Jimbo is a bad man...just, imo, an overrated FB coach who left FSU in such a mess that Taggart needed a few years to get the ship stabilized.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for FSU. When do you fire the idiots that hired Taggart?

Nov 3, 2019, 7:57 PM

They could have gotten a much better coach than Willie Taggart. This was predictable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for FSU. When do you fire the idiots that hired Taggart?

Nov 3, 2019, 8:12 PM

FSU's president is a politician lifetime politician from Tallahassee who had no experience in education until he was appointed to the FSU BOT. In very short order he became President of FSU.

The guy who hired Taggart left LSU shortly after hiring Taggart, heading for a job in the NCAA office. Some say that AD was run out of town because the booster club did not like him. Others say that AD was incompetent. Others say the political President of the University wanted to hire his own AD.

Whatever the reason, the politician turned President of FSU hired another lifetime Tallahassee politician with no athletic experience at all to be the interim FSU AD after the departure of Taggart's hiring AD. THEN the interim AD, the politician, became the permanent AD.

Perhaps the lifetime politicians in charge of FSU will be able to successfully run a major university. Perhaps not.

The other factor I heard today is that at FSU, the booster club had one President for 40 years and that guy was said to be more powerful than the ADs at FSU. That sounds crazy but it may explain Jimbo's trouble at FSU. It's hard to have two bosses. BUT now that lifetime booster club president has now retired and a new, less powerful guy is in charge of the booster club, but not the athletic department.

All this makes me think being in the capitol city of a state is a bad location for a major university.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fact that the Gamecocks sit one block from the

Nov 4, 2019, 3:53 AM

lunatic asylum known as our state capitol building has been their Achilles' Heel throughout their existence, a fact that most older Gamecock alumni know.

I'll take our "backwoodsy" location any day of the week!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,411
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic