Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about the Jamies Winston rape allegations.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Question about the Jamies Winston rape allegations.

Oct 31, 2014, 1:15 PM

A lot of Clemson fans seem to be thoroughly convinced that JW is in fact a rapist. I have not looked very deeply into the the situation, but what I have found failed to give me anything close to certainty on the matter. And as far as I know he hasn't even been charged.

Since the sentiment on T-Net is overwhelmingly that he should be judged as a rapist, what evidence is there that leads to such strong conclusions? Is it really just a simple case of corruption/cover-up that he isn't being charged? It seems like there is a storm of controversy over bigtime NFL players and domestic abuse, it would seem odd that if Adrian Peterson would be banned from team activity over taking a switch to his son, that Jamies Winston wouldn't be able to wiggle out of a rape case unscathed.

Are many T-Netters convinced that the FSU BOT and administration are in on the conspiracy? Do we believe that Jimbo Fisher believes JW is a rapist and that he doesn't care at all, he just wants to make money as a football coach? I need to see some compelling evidence before I go making such strong claims about people. Somebody help me figure this out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I admire your desire to seek truth and not rush to judgement

Oct 31, 2014, 1:21 PM

however, you may find that TNet is not exactly the BEST source for unbiased fact gathering with regard to Mr. Winston.

Mainly because is a dirty theiving rapist thug with no morals, no class, no respect for the wimmins, and is not entirely deserving of the amount of oxygen that he deprives other more likable humans and their beloved dogs of.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I admire your desire to seek truth and not rush to judgement

Oct 31, 2014, 1:40 PM

I believe he is guilty not because of evidence related to the specific incident, but because of his public actions after such a serious allegation is made against him. I have a hard time believing that any innocent person would perform the actions he did *after* being accused of rape. Knowing the public eye is on you closely and continuing to commit a crime, get caught, and then carry on in public with offensively obscene statements speaks to his character. That character being one who lacks class, morals, and good judgement. That same character is what I associate with a criminal/rapist. Therefore, while he isn't proven guilty in court, I have a hard time convincing myself he is innocent.

And while courts have the "say" in guilt or innocence, it has been proven many times in the past that they aren't 100% accurate - so even if he were tried and proven innocent, I'm not sure I'd buy it.

This is why I hope my life is never in the hands of a jury.

Oct 31, 2014, 1:46 PM

All the dumb, illegal stuff he did afterwards has nothing to do with whether or not he's a rapist.

That's like speculating that a murder defendant is guilty because he never looks sad.

Re: This is why I hope my life is never in the hands of a jury.

Oct 31, 2014, 1:52 PM

His behavior and actions speak to his lack of character and that is why I believe he does anything he wants without consequences or regards to the others his actions affect.

Is OJ still searching for the "real killers?"***

Oct 31, 2014, 3:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 31, 2014, 2:19 PM [ in reply to This is why I hope my life is never in the hands of a jury. ]

It wouldn't be judging a murder suspect for "not looking sad." It would be judging an alleged rapist for continuing to commit multiple misdemeanors and possible felonies while under investigation for being a rapist. You don't have to be a professional analyst to view that as sociopathic behavior which make the alleged rape victims assertions even more believable.

This story has sadly dragged on so long that my recollection of the details in the report are foggy at this time. Without taking the time to revisit them here is what. I remember: Jameis Winston denied even having sex with the victim. When confronted with DNA evidence he changed his story. He then used victim blaming claiming she was a willful participant. Social media around FSU also strongly asserted that she was intoxicated and didn't report the incident immediately - only after she realized who Mr. Winston was. Neither was true. She reported the incident to police that very night in the early morning hours. And while she presented as severely intoxicated she did not register a high blood alcohol level. They did not bother to do a tox screen that most certainly should have been done at the point.

It is known that a visibly impaired but not from alcohol female had sex and was sodomized by Mr Winston and at least one other member of the FSU football team that night. If you think girls who go to college parties "deserve what the get" then by all means continue to offer Mr. Winston the benefit of the doubt. But you don't need to give date rape drugs to a willing participant and no matter how disassociated from college age you are you shouldn't believe the average coed is down for being doubled up on by two football players as a normal nights entertainment.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

Message was edited by: viztiz®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, co-eds hate football players.

Oct 31, 2014, 2:30 PM

Football players are lucky to get a pity #### every now and then....

Your post reads like a feminazi wrote it. It's all wild speculation based on your feelings.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, co-eds hate football players.

Nov 1, 2014, 6:17 PM

So your opinion of women is that they either have no interest in a person or they will pull a train for as many people as that person feels fit to invite in the room?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And she was drug tested...

Oct 31, 2014, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: This is why I hope my life is never in the hands of a jury. ]

"The victim’s shorts and underwear were tested, as was her blood for alcohol and drugs. Drugs were not found, and her blood alcohol level was measured as .048."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/inside-the-jameis-winston-rape-case-file/

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And she was drug tested...

Nov 1, 2014, 6:12 PM

Which is half the legal limit so it didn't explain the state she presented in. And nothing I've read stated she was tested for date rape drugs. She was screened for drugs that would have strengthened Winston's and FSU's position. A position that the Tallahassee police department demonstrably advocates in numerous instances involving FSU athletes if you read the NY Times piece. If "feminazis" abhor violence against women then count me in. I hope karma isn't real for the women in your life. Pathetic that you choose to read between the lines to gleefully presume she is a liar. Where did I "wildly speculate" that he denied then changed his story - because it's true. How about my "wild speculation" that the FSU community claimed she didn't immediately make these claims. How about my "wild speculation" that FSU and the Tallahassee police department violated Title IX, University Policy, Police Department policy, and any reasonable protocol for handling this case. Is it my wild speculation that the district attorney declined to prosecute solely because the case was so botched by FSU and the Tallahassee PD that he had no evidence to work with? - because those are his words. I guess I'm a "feminazi" for thinking it is disgusting that Bobby Bowden spoke as a character witness for a former player that raped a women after stabbing her repeatedly. He spoke of the former players excellent character and referred to his attempted rape / murder as a mistake. This is what you have aligned yourself with. congratulations.

Re: And she was drug tested...

Nov 1, 2014, 6:16 PM

Very well said! If you're a Feminazi so am I. Always claim the woman is a ##### or in this case a " cleat chaser" that is absolutely predictable and disgusting!

All this self-righteous hyperbole isn't going to help women.

Nov 1, 2014, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: And she was drug tested... ]

You are trying your best to create a straw man with those who presume innocence of the accused, even accused rapists. You don't have to presume guilt based on a lack of evidence to the contrary to abhor violence against women. Why don't you stop trying to defame T-Net posters on charges of indifference to abuse against women in order to win an argument?

If you want to capture the moral high ground, don't commit the biggest immorality in the thread.

Re: All this self-righteous hyperbole isn't going to help women.

Nov 1, 2014, 11:38 PM

How is that any different than what you are doing? You perceive yourself as holding some moral
high ground because of your ruthless adherence to the idea the he should be presumed innocent. But, first and foremost, neither of our opinions of Jameis Winston matter one iota. You asked why people call him that. I've told you that I've read the full 86 page report released last year and then more recently the report in the NY Times. My reading of the information (nd the NY Times article had no impact on this) is that he is most definitely guilty.

Elsewhere in this thread someone wrote: "'it is my understanding that he had sex with a passed out female ..." And your response is that you thought that was "gross" but not rape. THAT IS RAPE. If you don't understand that having sex with someone who doesn't or can't consent to sex is rape then we have nowhere to go.

And my points are not strawman arguments when this very thread is filled when numerous people who have horrific attitudes towards women and sexual violence.

Re: All this self-righteous hyperbole isn't going to help women.

Nov 2, 2014, 12:13 AM

I will gladly explain how it is different. I'm not accusing anyone, including you, of something as disgusting as indifference to rape victims. That's aggressively disingenuous. I'm not even making the claim that anyone who disagrees with me is immoral for not presuming innocence of the accused. I have merely presented my perspective and gave my personal reasons. I responded more aggressively to you because you are making serious moral accusations at another poster for having a different philosophy regarding crime and punishment. And you are misrepresenting other's arguments to make them sound much more callous than they are.

The tone of my OP was that I was open to new information and even suggested that my opinion may be due to a lack of information.

And I never said that "sex with a passed out female" is merely gross. If you read that post carefully, you will see the poster continued... Even if she consented....which I doubt....that behavior would warrant a suspension from my team and a serious condition of counseling before returning

My response that it was "gross" was referring to the best case scenario, which that there was, hypothetically, video-taped consensual sex involving multiple people. I still haven't seen anything that strongly suggests that the sex wasn't consensual. I am not convinced the opposite is true either. Anyone who is aware that they are having sex with a person who can't consent is indeed r@ping them, I never said anything to the contrary. Your eagerness to judge has caused you to jump to that conclusion, if you made it. And I don't see any horrific attitudes towards women, only unhealthy attitudes towards judging other people.

Oct 31, 2014, 2:47 PM [ in reply to This is why I hope my life is never in the hands of a jury. ]

I'm judging him on the portfolio of events that has been presented to me - not on the singular event/accusation. I'm not a judge nor juror, so I don't need to look at the accusation in a vacuum. I am judging the character of the man, and all that I've been presented with says he is not a good person.

Related Note: the RB from FSU that is accused of domestic assault. I have no judgement on him because I don't know the details of the event, and prior to this I haven't heard his name associated with other crimes or questionable behavior. Therefore I withhold judgement until further information comes out. If no more information about this allegation comes out, but I hear another story that he committed a robbery or some other crime, it will make the allegation of domestic assault much more believable.

Well as long as you are not using his string of misdemeanors

Nov 1, 2014, 11:07 PM

as evidence as to whether or not he committed rape then we have no disagreement.

I came away from your previous post thinking you were doing exactly that.

I agree (as much as I hate the crimi-noles). It's an ESPN

Oct 31, 2014, 1:23 PM

agenda to get them out of the playoff picture & get 4 SEC teams in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

ESPN are defense attorneys compared to this place.

Oct 31, 2014, 1:24 PM

T-Net is like if Nancy Grace was mixed with Rush Limbaugh and one of the Aliens from the movie Aliens.

Expand***********

Nov 1, 2014, 6:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

LOL, yea they want sucky ratings.***

Oct 31, 2014, 2:19 PM [ in reply to I agree (as much as I hate the crimi-noles). It's an ESPN ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not getting your point**********

Nov 1, 2014, 6:54 PM

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

While I dont know about the charge of rape

Oct 31, 2014, 1:26 PM

it's my understanding that he had sex with a passed out female while his friends watched and video taped it. Even if she consented....which I doubt....that behavior would warrant a suspension from
my team and a serious condition of counseling before returning.
Maybe I am just old fashioned.....but that mess is gross.

That is pretty gross, and I agree. It's just that people

Oct 31, 2014, 1:30 PM

keep slinging the term rapist around.

I get the "idiot" and the "arrogant" and the "thief" and the "degenerate" comments. But rapist shows up more than any other one.

He banged a girl who was passed out

Oct 31, 2014, 1:56 PM

Who wasn't his girlfriend or a girl he had banged before. I'm no frat boy, but I'm pretty sure that's rape. Again, not an expert, but I call it like I see it.

Re: He banged a girl who was passed out

Oct 31, 2014, 2:38 PM

But even that's hearsay. I haven't seen anything official saying that he had sex with a girl who was passed out and didn't consent.

Re: He banged a girl who was passed out

Oct 31, 2014, 3:30 PM

Only reason you have not seen anything official is because the good ol' boys in Tallahassee will not let it go to trial. IMO, they are guilty of a cover up

Re: That is pretty gross, and I agree. It's just that people

Oct 31, 2014, 3:18 PM [ in reply to That is pretty gross, and I agree. It's just that people ]

To be honest he hasn't help his cause of proclaiming his innocence at all. I am not certain he did it, but leaning that way or at least he did something grossly inappropriate in that situation.

Re: While I dont know about the charge of rape

Oct 31, 2014, 2:54 PM [ in reply to While I dont know about the charge of rape ]

really. we have all seen what you post on here and to call something gross may be the pot calling the kettle black.

Posted this 10 days ago on the subject

Oct 31, 2014, 1:28 PM

I would say he has been convicted of rape in the court of public opinion because of the actions take by FSU admin to impede the investigation and allow the legal process to play out. FSU AD had the police report and set him up with a lawyer before it was given to the DA. That comes off to many as their AD knew something happened (or assumed based on his character). If a proper investigation had been allowed to happen, then we would know.

The Code of Conduct hearings having not happened yet is an absolute joke. They have made zero effort to go through the process - which points to guilt or cover up in public opinion. Everyone knows he will not have a hearing until January, 2 years after the incident, and will declare for the draft before that thus never having any discipline (or hearings) on a serious accusation.

Re: Question about the Jamies Winston rape allegations.

Oct 31, 2014, 1:29 PM

If you really want to read about it, and decide for yourself, this is a pretty in depth article about it. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/16/sports/errors-in-inquiry-on-rape-allegations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html?_r=0

I read that when it came out. I came away thinking that

Oct 31, 2014, 1:44 PM

Jamies Winston probably took advantage of a girl who put herself in a bad situation and that the cops didn't handle the investigation well at all. I'm not convinced he raped her though. I'm also not convinced he didn't.

I was asking because I didn't know if there was something to come out later than indicated it was pretty certain that it was a rape.

O.J. comes to mind, that was an obvious situation, but I don't see the same level of evidence in this case to feel justified in calling him a rapist.

He's definitely, at least, a smug, @ssh*** who makes dumb decisions though.

Re: I read that when it came out. I came away thinking that

Oct 31, 2014, 1:56 PM

So "she put herself in a bad situation?" So if she was passed out and he had sex with her, you don't consider that rape??? Most state attorney generals would disagree with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are jumping to a conclusion. I never said I believed he

Nov 1, 2014, 5:20 PM

had sex with a girl who was passed out. There is no evidence of that beyond hearsay. I won't condemn a person of a serious crime just because there is a good chance they did it.

Re: You are jumping to a conclusion. I never said I believed he

Nov 1, 2014, 6:28 PM

Yet even the police report indicated that she was severely disoriented. She tested around half the legal limit for alcohol - not nearly enough to explain her condition. She was tested for recreational drugs - as these would impugn her character and make rape charges far more difficult - and was negative. She was not screened for date rape drugs.

The police report indicating she was disoriented is not

Nov 1, 2014, 10:59 PM

necessarily evidence she was raped. There are a lot of variables between point A and point B. And people like you need to stop erroneously equating the simple mention of the causal relevance of a girl's decision making with "blaming it on the girl."

I don't blindy trust anyone who claims to be a victim, regardless of the race, age or sex of the accuser. I believe that Jamies Winston probably did something disgusting to that girl who certainly didn't deserve it, regardless of her actions. But there is plenty of reasonable doubt regarding whether or not the guy raped her.

Re: The police report indicating she was disoriented is not

Nov 1, 2014, 11:18 PM

What level of impairment would she have to demonstrate and how would it have to be demonstrated to meet the burden of rape for you? The police report is 86 pages long and it had been almost a year since I read it. She says she was raped and she hasn't wavered in her story or been proven wrong or a liar on any of her assertions. Winston has changed his story and been proven a liar repeatedly. He is also the beneficiary of an illegal collusion between the Tallahassee PD and FSU. Evidence has been deliberately destroyed. Presumption of innocence is based on reasonable doubt and there is absolutely nothing reasonable about continuing to presume his innocence. For God's sake, the state prosecutor said he wouldn't be able to pursue charges because of the negligence of the Tallahassee police department - not for any lack of belief that he committed the crime.

Nov 2, 2014, 12:27 AM

What level of impairment would she have to demonstrate and how would it have to be demonstrated to meet the burden of rape for you?

Impossible to scientifically answer. If she was passed out or drugged in any way. Or if she said no, stop or offered any form of resistance, and he continued that would also be rape. There is not enough evidence to conclude that any of those things happened. Hearsay is not enough.

She says she was raped and she hasn't wavered in her story or been proven wrong or a liar on any of her assertions.

That's obviously not enough to convict, nor should it be. Not all accusations are factual, even those leveled at foolish, selfish, arrogant athletes.

Winston has changed his story and been proven a liar repeatedly.
How exactly did he change his story? Has he ever said anything that we could deduce that he forced himself on the girl or that she was passed out or unable to consent? And everyone is a proven liar. Being a liar doesn't equate to being a rapist.

He is also the beneficiary of an illegal collusion between the Tallahassee PD and FSU. Doesn't have anything to do with convicting or charging JW of rape. There are several reasons that collusion may have occurred that have nothing to do with his guilt or innocence.

Presumption of innocence is based on reasonable doubt and there is absolutely nothing reasonable about continuing to presume his innocence. For God's sake, the state prosecutor said he wouldn't be able to pursue charges because of the negligence of the Tallahassee police department - not for any lack of belief that he committed the crime.

All this does is convince us that he is probably guilty of doing something worse than what he has admitted and that the police need to reform. That is simply NOT evidence that JW raped that girl. There is still reasonable doubt because it's entirely possible that all the circumstantial evidence and character flaws do not add up to rape.

I'm not convinced he's innocent or guilty. I think some level of emotional bias is necessary, in this case, to claim there is no reasonable doubt. That does not mean I have unhealthy attitudes towards women, no matter how you try to spin it.

Nov 2, 2014, 1:00 AM

Have you actually read the 86 pages including the police report that came out last year? The NY Times article is far more damning of FSU and the Tallahassee Police Department but isn't as concerned with the facts of the incident. If you read those and come up with the idea that he is innocent or can't reasonably say that he is guilty then we fundamentally disagree as to what reasonable is. Which is fine - again neither of us matter in this in the slightest anyway. But I take great offense at a large number of statements in this thread. That offense might not be directed specifically at something you said but that is the nature of these kind of threads / Internet debates. Your initial response to me was no less hyperbole than anything I've said. I believe quite firmly that if you've read all the details released last year you would have a difficult time maintaining your objectivity towards the matter. The comments that most bring out my ire in this thread aren't even worth responding to. I've engaged with you because it you seem rational enough that it would be worth the time and trouble.

As for your questions I think reading the report would fill in the some of the gaps on why I reached my conclusions. He did deny having sex which is a pretty major problem. As for the collusion it had major ramnifications on the case. Darby and Casher were in possession of a videotape of the incident. They were disciplined through the school disciplinary system (all findings confidential of course and a disciplinary system Winston continues to evade somehow) and the video recording was destroyed. Perhaps if the Tallahassee PD hadn't tipped FSU off then that tape would still exist. Perhaps if that video existed there would be no question of his guilt or innocence. If the video showed a consensual act wouldn't it have behooved FSU to make sure it remain available.

As one final point - I am not a sworn member of a jury, I am under no obligation to weigh all the facts or reach an unbiased conclusion. Nor can I, since I will never be presented such information through an adversarial representation of the sides of the matter. I can only weigh what I find and try to weed out the noise.

Nov 2, 2014, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: The police report indicating she was disoriented is not ]

You conveniently left out the immediate report by the alleged victim and the bruises on the victim.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 2, 2014, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: The police report indicating she was disoriented is not ]

You are arguing with a guy who is literally just making it up, post to post. Winston has not changed his story, he has no story. He has never made a single comment based on advice of counsel. in the press conference where the decision was made to not press charges, Meggs said she had changed her story repeatedly.

Nov 2, 2014, 11:50 AM

http://espn.go.com/pdf/2013/1206/winston-inv1.pdf

Find me something that refutes anything I said.

Nov 2, 2014, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: The police report indicating she was disoriented is not ]

This appears to be your source since it matches your side of the story : http://terezowens.com/heres-what-allegedly-happened-in-the-jameis-winston-sex-scandal/

Nov 2, 2014, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: The police report indicating she was disoriented is not ]

“Atlanta NFL lawyer, David Cornwell, has apparently leaked to TMZ a self-serving letter to Florida State University that is full of dishonest and distorted statements at a time when Mr. Winston is suffering from the negative attention of his own continuing misconduct of last week. Mr. Cornwell appears to know that Mr. Winston is about to be charged by Florida State with sexual assault and this letter seems to be his final attempt to prevent FSU from complying with federal law.

“The facts that Mr. Cornwell chose not to disclose are that it was he, himself, who reached out to our client’s former counsel Patricia Carroll to discuss paying off our client. Patricia Carroll didn’t even know who David Cornwell was until he called. Mr. Cornwell then himself flew down from Atlanta to negotiate with Ms. Carroll.

“Settlement discussions were immediately unproductive as Cornwell was crude and insulting going so far as to say ‘your client likes to [expletive] football players.’ When told that the client’s main concern was not money but that Winston be held accountable for his actions, Cornwell threatened to sue our client and her parents for civil racketeering in an effort to intimidate them into staying quiet. After learning about Mr. Cornwell’s unprofessional conduct at that meeting from Ms. Carroll, our office has decidedly not engaged with Mr. Cornwell at all or anyone else on Mr. Winston’s behalf. Although it our understanding that settlement was discussed, no authorized demands were made of Mr. Winston.

“Mr. Cornwell additionally and inaccurately portrays that our client chose to file a complaint ‘two years later.’ The truth is that the University approached our client in October of 2013 and asked her for the first time whether she would cooperate with disciplinary charges against Mr. Winston after the school received a second report of sexual misconduct by another woman. Our client responded that she would certainly cooperate. Since that time our client through counsel has repeatedly agreed to cooperate and meet with the University. All of these communications, including the October 2013 discussion with FSU officials, is documented. Mr. Cornwell may wish the truth were otherwise, but FSU’s own records proves him false.

“To the extent that Mr. Cornwell references statements about Mr. Winston’s race, we would doubt that Ms. Carroll made such remarks. The suggested remarks are certainly not beliefs held by our client and she would never authorize anyone to say such things.”

Specific to the allegations that FSU approached her in October of 2013 for the first time and that there was a second sexual misconduct complaint can you provide your "proof" that his is untrue. Obviously it is your position that FSU has done everything right so it should be a cinch to show me where they've publicized their proper handling of Title IX requirements in this matter.

Nov 1, 2014, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: You are jumping to a conclusion. I never said I believed he ]

As with many posts on this thread, you are just making it up. There was nothing in the report about her being severely disoriented, and she had a full drug panel run (and checked twice).

Nov 1, 2014, 11:24 PM

You don't have an agenda. Where are your "facts." The 86 page police report and documents released last year and the NY Times disagree with you. If that makes you feel better as you cheer for a team with a rapist quarterback then by all means continue the victim blaming. Frankly, it's pathetic. You've moved past Penn State territory at this point.

By that logic, if a person puts themselves in a sketchy

Oct 31, 2014, 2:09 PM [ in reply to I read that when it came out. I came away thinking that ]

situation, they get what they deserve. That logic reminds me, can you explain to me how, because Clemson lost to UGAwhy and FSU that SC should be a playoff team? It seems you have a good grasp on Cootlogic...

That's ridiculous. I never said anything that connected her

Nov 1, 2014, 5:18 PM

putting herself in a bad position with deserving anything. I only mentioned that because we have no good reason to assume that either of them is telling the complete truth.

Whose idea was it to suspend Winston for a half vs Clemson

and then who changed that lol? I thought it was Jimbo's for the half and the president suggested the whole game... I still feel Jimbo just wants to win at all costs. Let's just say, it all this was happening at UGA their would probably have been at least a suspension for Williams for one game...not sure though.

I may be wrong about it all and I'm not one of the ones who gets all upset over the matter...

Re: Whose idea was it to suspend Winston for a half vs Clemson

Nov 1, 2014, 10:01 AM

The half game suspension was handed down by the AD and President, they then changed it to a full game suspension. Jimbo had no say or hand in the suspension, at least that's how it was announced and reported. I don't think Jimbo was going to do a #### thing.

I would venture to guess that a majority of those that

believe he is guilty HAVE read numerous articles about the situation. Here is just one of a multitude that are out there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ugly-treatment-of-jameis-winston-s-accuser-only-serves-to-discourage-future-victims-034943507-ncaaf.html

There is no way to say for certain what happened since it is a "he said - she said" kind of thing. I just wonder why she would have put herself through all of the pain/humiliation if she didn't think she was raped? She had absolutely nothing to gain.

With all of his other documented run-ins with the law, I'll choose to believe that JW is a POS that will one day get what is coming to him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2014, 1:32 PM

There is no dispute that the football administration @FSU knew of the issues some 4 days before the DA thanks to the Tallahassee PD. So why would the university go to such lengths to cover this up if there wasn't something to be covered up. So, in the absence of proper police work, flawed/thwarted investigation and the " loss"of evidence, there is a perception that he is guilty. As for giving him the benefit of the doubt, he hasn't earned the right for that benefit. He is and always will be a sociopath. However my only hope at him getting his just rewards is knowing he will keep on pushing the law until he pushes one too many times and he will be held accountable. I hope him the worst in life and hope he ends up broke, fat, bald and incarcerated. He deserves no less.

Oct 31, 2014, 1:58 PM

Why don't you go with the facts .

Fact ., What college girl goes to police and hospital at 4 in the morning for a rape kit .

Fact she didn't know his name .

Fact , the tally police never questioned him after she identified him .

Fact ,. they had video ,. what sick people video consensual sex ???

Fact ,. his DNA was on her booty ..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't let facts get in the way of a good cover up ;)***

Oct 31, 2014, 2:07 PM

Oct 31, 2014, 1:59 PM

The reports are out there. The amount of disinformation in many of the responses is absurd. If folks want to believe something bad enough, they can always find a source to support their preconceived idea. There are things here that no one has even ever claimed, but they are thrown out here and elsewhere as 'facts'.

Please enlighten us

Oct 31, 2014, 2:02 PM

As to what happened that night? Poor innocent Jameis was out with a friend walking back from Bible study and some young atheist female pushed him to the ground and rode him until he finished against his will?

This is not politically correct but here's what happened

Nov 1, 2014, 5:56 PM

From reading the reports and speaking with folks from tally it goes like this...
JW is a jerk and the antithesis of a gentlemen but is most likely not a rapist in this case. She was not passed out and had been drinking but was not overly intoxicated. She was tested and although she had a bac it was not significant. The test was administered later than it should but the level was not indicative of someone who had been overly intoxicated. In fact she had spoken with a friend and the cop in a fashion that showed no signs of drunkeness. So this assumption is false as the investigation confirmed. She went home with JW aand his roommate, Chris Casher, under her free will. Her friends acknowledged this. What happened at the apt was weird but not illegal. She went to a room with JW while creepy Chris Casher was trying to watch and tape the acts with his phone. At one point actually went into the room. She got mad and made him leave and shut the door. JW's then acted like an whole after they were done. BC his girlfriend was going to be there in the morning he made her leave and was not nice about it, dropping her off in a street corner with his moped. She calls a friend and says she might have been raped. Then without her consent, her friend calls the cops. That's how the ball started rolling.her friend also told other people and her parents find out. At this point she doesn't want to do anything about it and quits cooperating with the tpd. Her aunt, who is a big time attorney, finds out and it explodes.
So it looks like she may have embellished what happened toher friend and the whole situation just spiraled out of control.

Many things are based on consistency of bad behavior...

Oct 31, 2014, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Question about the Jamies Winston rape allegations. ]

stealing crab legs and standing on a table shouting lewd things did nothing to help his case.

You Noles will defend him just as blindly as others wanna convict him....

Anyone who lets the fact he stole crab legs or screamed

Nov 1, 2014, 11:15 PM

profanity on a table influence their opinion of his guilt or innocence in a rape investigation is making a terrible mistake.

Lumping together mild breaches of the law with something as monstrous as rape is very misguided.

At best, the investigation was grossly mishandled, at

Oct 31, 2014, 2:05 PM

worst, FSU colluded with the Tallahassee PD to sweep it under the rug.

Jimbo seems content to be blissfully ignorant.

Obviously he was never charged and prosecuted but given the circumstances, why should he be given the benefit of the doubt either? Where there's smoke...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2014, 2:11 PM

The young lady said she was raped by Jameis. Some of his friends video taped it and now the video has disappeared. Young lady says she was drunk passed out, woke up with Jameis banging her. Personally I'm thinking more than one of them raped her but, when she woke up Jameis was on her according to her. I personally believe her.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2014, 2:15 PM

Penn St. and the "tickle monster" say Hi.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Oct 31, 2014, 3:06 PM

People believe what they want to believe. Unfortunately, these things are so thrown through the ringer due to 24 hour media that there no telling what to believe. People have made up their minds based on rumors and half-pieces of information.

I honestly don't know what happened that night. Something terrible may have happened. Something may not have. The stories from both sides are all a little weird. I do know that at the very least, the Tallahassee PD mishandled the situation...but that doesn't mean he's guilty either.

I'm certainly not saying this girl is lying, but this has also happened in the past. Think of the Duke lacrosse scandal. The public conviction of Jameis is very similar to the public conviction of those lacrosse players who were later found to be completely innocent. In a similar situation, this Temple football player was accused of rape (http://www.ryot.org/rape-charges-dropped/409345). As a result, he was kicked off the football team, kicked out of school and had his name destroyed for 18 months...all to end up finding out that the girl had lied about everything.

This isn't to say that nothing wrong happened. Just that we have no proof, and that when it's an allegation as serious as this, it's irresponsible to publicly convict someone the way he, the Duke lacrosse team, and that poor kid from Temple were. What's even more ridiculous is basing conviction of Winston on his past transgressions which include stealing a soda refill from Burger King, foolishly shooting pellet guns with friends, and taking crab legs from a super market.

Again, I'm not even saying he's innocent. Just that this public conviction is irresponsible.

Football fans across the nation have been using the term

Nov 1, 2014, 6:04 AM

"rapist," so it's not just Clemson folks.

Yet, despite arguments I prefer to refrain simply because using the moniker requires a judgment, which I won't make. But that's me....

Nov 1, 2014, 9:49 AM

Heres the truth about Mr. Winston, the rape case is closed because the girl who accused him is a liar, just a ploy to get $$$. The accuser and her friend had a group on a social network site called, FSU cleat chasers. The evidence showed there were two different ##### samples found in her underwear, #####! He has his brainfart moments al la, crablegs among other things but not a rapist! The only reason you hear more about him is because of who? ESPN!

ESPN IS IN BED WITH THE SEC!!! How many years is the SEC network signed up with espn? There is a conspiracy on the espn trying to make non SEC schools look bad. For example...
who here has heard of the Alabama TE who was kicked off the team for having pounds and pounds of marijuana in his dorm? Crickets
who here has seen the picture of the ole miss defensive end who was hitting the bong?

ESPN WILL DO ANYTHING TO KEEP THE SEC SCHOOLS ON THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN, DONT GET BRAINWASHED GUYS!

Nov 1, 2014, 10:58 PM

That's a losing argument on T-Net. For whatever reason, Tiger fans continue to bash Winston even though they're overlooking the fact that FSU and Jameis' success outside of playing us, just helps us and the ACC in the end.

Personally, I think Jameis is just a young college kid that makes the same mistakes as any college kid would, he just has a spotlight and microscope on him 24/7. Not to mention the fact that I think their is an agenda to get him off the field ( mainly led by ESPN ), when you consider that most of these "scandals" were pushed by ESPN and a lot of inquiry's into the goings on at FSU have been by "the media".

Clemson fans need to see Jameis for what he is, a flat out baller. I mean honestly, who comes into The Valley and puts a whooping on us like that?

To answer your last question......

Nov 2, 2014, 12:20 AM

A thief and a guy who would have sex with an obviously inebriated girl in front of his friends with a camera. Not a good example for my kids or Jimbo's to live up to. Sad sad

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic