Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB Battle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

QB Battle

Sep 21, 2018, 2:01 PM

Trevor Lawrence is throwing rainbows downfield meanwhile Kelly Bryant is missing bubble screen throws. I'm not sure how anyone could say Bryant is better like this

https://clemsonpaws.com/the-bottom-line-georgia-southern-18/

STS thinks Lawrence is a future first round pick

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2018/9/20/17883822/despite-returning-stars-youth-will-determine-clemsons-ceiling

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you a donor on those sites too?

Sep 21, 2018, 2:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Are you a donor on those sites too?***

Sep 21, 2018, 2:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you a donor on those sites too?

Sep 21, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Are you a donor on those sites too? ]

What do you mean donor?

Re: QB Battle

Sep 21, 2018, 4:16 PM

ClassyTiger08

I too want TL to start. . . but for what KB has done(took our team to the CFP L>Y) he deserves some patience.
Bottom line so far this year is they have both had about the same amount of opportunity.

KB - 68.2% completion pct. - 30-44-1 - 405 yards!
TL - 61.9% completion pct. - 26-42-1 - 424 yards!

The separation - KB has 155 yards rushing to TL 23.

I think our offense has more explosiveness with a bit of a gun slinger @ QB. KB will tuck it and run instead of throwing it. DW4 had enough confidence to throw a guy open or run it with confidence. When it hits the fan; I want whoever is going to move the football down the field. And experience and another dimension to the offense(run game) is what's separting these two for the moment. I think TL with a bit more muscle will get more opportunities to run it(good athlete). I think they worry about his frame so not as many designed runs. The other part is; he has supreme arm confidence so he throws into tight windows - which is where KB misses the boat! With our WR group man put it in the same zip code and more often than not they come up with it.

All that said, KB in my opinion has not failed enough...............especially when you consider how he lead the team to a couple of big TD drives in the biggest game to date in Texas. If he doesn't move the football then give TL longer looks at QB. But, he does deserve the opportunity no doubt! To my frustration as well! But, the stats so far does not show this ( you got to be kidding me separation) gap most people seem to see! In fact, when you factor in rushing...........dare I say.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 8:19 PM

Hard to argue with this.

Sep 21, 2018, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: QB Battle ]

You forgot the 5 TDs that TL has thrown compared to 2 for KB. My only question for you is how many of those 26 runs by KB were designed runs and how many were him running instead of staying in the pocket and throwing the ball when he had time?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 10:17 PM

And you forgot while yes; TL has more passing TD's; KB has a total of 4 TD's. How many other drives was he in the game for during critical times?

I'm with you about TL talent! His ceiling is much higher than KB's. In fact, not that he wanted to hear it; if pro aspirations were in his dreams; KB would have been better served to switch to TE. I think he would be Jordan Legget like(too late for that though). TL will be a high draft choice in the next couple years, period. So, this isn't me disagreeing or not recognizing TL talent. It's just me recognizing the fact; there is more than one way to get it done. Keep the chains moving enough and you eventually reach to endzone! Right now, I am not to the point where I say, "clearly he will move the offense more"!
Remember there is more to it than if you can spin it or not. Getting in and out of the right play depending on what the defense is doing. Both of them can get better recognizing blitz's.
I get it but if you are the coaching staff; you just can't make that move w/o more clear evidence of KB "not being good enough"! The fans want who they like the most; but the players are the crowd the coaches have to make sure they don't aggravate. KB is the leader until he can't get it done.. problem is despite him not getting it done in "high style" he does get it done.
And yeah right; when the team loses it's all on KB. When they win "it's a team effort"! Stop it. Just support the Tigers! The kid wins man. Nothing else to say; he wins. Can TL if he was the only QB: "I have no doubt"! Move just can't be made to appease fans man. The last thing you need is a locker room that is not harmonious!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB is throwing the rainbows downfield while TL is...

Sep 21, 2018, 4:57 PM

throwing frozen ropes 45 yards and hitting receivers in the hands while they are in a dead run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 9:24 PM

KB may not be the best passer but he is the reason Clemson won the A&M game. Great poise and leadership in that game to calm everyone down and get Clemson some much needed points.

TL has looked better imo in our 2 lesser games. I would say the competition is about even considering KB played better in the bigger game. This week may go a long way if there ever is going to be a clear cut starter this season

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic