Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Y’all are some dumbazzes wanting impeachment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Y’all are some dumbazzes wanting impeachment

Jan 12, 2021, 8:58 PM

He’s gone a week from tomorrow. What’s the point now?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Can’t let what he did stand

Jan 12, 2021, 9:00 PM

Absolutely has to be some form of punishment.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Y’all are some dumbazzes wanting impeachment

Jan 12, 2021, 9:01 PM

strip his pension, secret service detail, and travel budget. Oh, and he can never run for elected office again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 9:26 PM

Yea, was tough having the life he did before all of those.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 11:43 PM

I think the whole point is that he be removed from the republican party, as much as it pains me to say, you are smart enough to see that. They do not want to be associated with what happened last Wednesday in any shape or form what so ever and finally came to their senses. And more importantly, hopefully, we learned a bit of a lesson about shouting lies into the echo chamber.

Jan 12, 2021, 11:49 PM

Jan 13, 2021, 12:22 AM

No, they for the most part really want him gone. They always hated his guts, they needed him to move the ball forward with their policy agenda, but he has proven himself more than a liability at this point. He has left a stink so bad nobody wants to be anywhere near it.

And my GOP rep (who I voted for) is one of the ones supporting impeachment

Jan 13, 2021, 12:35 AM

And I'm supportive of this. Dude has never been a sycophant of Trump's (to my knowledge) like the Matt Gaetz's of the world.
#globalismisgood
#LincolnVoter

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepFredUpton/status/1349190793840521219

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pure, unadulterated...

Humility, shame, punishment, and punching in another touchdown to run up the score on his mouth-breathing worshipers.

Oh, and that whole doing the right thing when a president abuses the office kinda thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

It severs him from the GOP and consigns him to the Hall of Shame.

That's actually huge. America will not survive unless the GOP regains the willingness to acknowledge the validity of America's own elections - democracy only works if the loser is willing to concede! - and cutting ties publicly with the guy who so led them awry is a huge step.

Q so you’re saying...

Jan 12, 2021, 9:07 PM

It allows Republicans to get back in the country club of dirty politicians?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Q so you’re saying...

Jan 12, 2021, 9:14 PM

Well, yeah. Unless you've got a better idea. Heinlein once said the only thing Democracy's really got going for it is that it's about a thousand times better than any other form of government anybody's come up with.

A bunch of hill jacks in fuzzy horned helmets carrying rebel flags sacking the Capital and trying to overturn an election by force is not that Better Idea, by the way.

The whole point of Democracy is, we aren't killing each other like a bunch of tribals from Afghanistan.

Honest question

Jan 12, 2021, 9:04 PM

If folks are convinced his words and deeds over the past few months have risen to the level of inciting violence on our capitol, what other punishment exists to dissuade this action for others?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're crazy if you think that will dissuade an idiot

Jan 12, 2021, 9:11 PM

from being an idiot.

Especially doing it with a few days left in office. That proves nothing.

If he was impeached and removed from office 2 years ago, well then that sends a little bit of a message.

But still, if someone is crazy enough to become prez with the intention of chaos, impeachment is not gonna scares them.

Perhaps not

Jan 12, 2021, 9:24 PM

Perhaps it would have no effect on future uber idiots, but perhaps it would underscore the issue for some folks with a modicum of sense.

And, to be clear, I'm not someone who really knows whether his actions rise to a level of legal culpability (provable culpability), but I understand the feeling to need to do something to punish his behavior in some manner.

I believe we can (almost) all agree his behavior has been unacceptable and at least in some part lead to the travesty we saw last week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm no legal scholar, but here's where I blame Trump, and

Jan 12, 2021, 11:30 PM

where I think he's responsible. My right to vote is almost sacred. It truly is the cornerstone of our democracy, that everyone has a voice. It is fundamental to everything America stands for. If I felt that a bunch of crooks had illegaly stripped me of that right, and I had exhausted all peaceful, lawful means to rectify that situation, I'd feel totally justified in resorting to violence and fighting for my rights. While Trump did not directly advocate violence or anything illegal (sedition), he did convince people that the government was crooked and had stripped them of their rights, and that if Pence did not make that final stand, then that was it. He made it seem (to some), without saying it, that taking such extreme, illegal measures was justified. I don't know that I'm for impeachment, but some sort of reprimand seems to be in order.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You’ve missed his intentions.

Jan 13, 2021, 7:43 AM [ in reply to You're crazy if you think that will dissuade an idiot ]

He certainly didn’t become President to cause chaos. He did it for power and adoration and money, as any narcissist would. Chaos was a result of losing that seat and the rewards that accompany it. None of this happens if he won re-election.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, you can't.

Jan 13, 2021, 7:53 AM [ in reply to You're crazy if you think that will dissuade an idiot ]

But if he's removed from power, it limits the damage an idiot can do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

maybe it stops him from holding office in the future

Jan 12, 2021, 9:25 PM

maybe, I don't know

I am ok with that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Jan 13, 2021, 12:50 AM

I thought the Republicans were the party of accountability.

Since he only has a few days in office does that mean absolutely nothing is out of bounds?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 1:35 AM

He will never be able to run again. He won't be able to raise money as if he is running.

The Tea Party needs a martyr.***

Jan 13, 2021, 7:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic