Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Puzzle pieces
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Puzzle pieces

Jan 7, 2021, 9:16 AM

David Hood's story about the upcoming season was good and gave a snapshot of the many very talented pieces to the puzzle for the fall. The big issue seems to be what will the offensive picture look like on the puzzle box? Do we change from the QB centered team that we have seen and become more balanced? Do we use the running back talent we will have? Will DJ gain some quickness over the offseason and be a running threat? Will the offensive learn to block? The pieces are on the table but do we change the picture to take advantage of them?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Puzzle pieces

Jan 7, 2021, 9:47 AM

The reason DJ didn't run the ball hardly at all against ND was because he had a stinger and they didn't want him to aggravate it. I believe you will see DJ run the ball way more. He runs fast than DW4 and is bigger than Boyd was. I hope with this influx of OL and DL we will be back to what we are used to seeing. I told my wife during the first ND game I didn't think we were big enough or good enough in the trenches to win a natty. Turned out I was right. The ACC Championship game gave me hope, but I was right. As far as the OL blocking. Well OC Tony Elliot has already stated that he needs to reevaluate our blocking scheme. It is probably time to get away from the zone blocking that we are doing. I think CBV needs to develop a plan to fall back on incase teams start trying to go tempo to keep him from getting his signs in late. He's been caught a couple of times and it has really caught us.

Re: Puzzle pieces

Jan 7, 2021, 10:53 AM

One thing I would like to see is DJ and Phommachanh in the game in the same back field. Number 7 runs well too.
It’s all going to come down to offensive line play. If you don’t win the battle there you aren’t going to have a strong offense. That is just the way the game is played.

DJ will be more of a Scam Newton type bruising runner than

Jan 7, 2021, 9:51 AM

quasi elusive like Trevor. He has the size to be the deliverer of hits rather than the receiver of them. But, like Newton never seemed to learn, it is better to slide sometimes and live to run another play, rather than ALWAYS take on the defender and lose some of those confrontations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic