Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bucknut Media Looking Over Their Shoulder But Still Arrogant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Bucknut Media Looking Over Their Shoulder But Still Arrogant

Nov 19, 2019, 9:45 AM

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2019/11/could-clemson-pass-up-ohio-state-in-the-college-football-playoff-rankings.html

The Tigers are clawing at their heels.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bucknut Media Looking Over Their Shoulder But Still Arrogant

Nov 19, 2019, 9:54 AM

Even if for some reason we pass them this week, they will pass us back after they get to play 2 top 15 teams to finish the season.

The only way I see us finishing in front of them in the final ranking is if they lose a game.

Nov 19, 2019, 9:56 AM

Makes no difference. Clemson will beat them either way.

Nov 19, 2019, 10:15 AM

You're probably exactly right about not mattering either way. It only matter if the CFPC has a clue and knowingly puts the 4 teams in the correct order. Otherwise, it would mean that CLEMSON would have to beat LSU and then OSU, the 2 strongest opponents, instead of the easier path for CLEMSON only requiring us to beat the #4 team and then the winner of the osu/lsu game. That path is easier for the #1 team. But again, the CFPC is probably too dumb to get anything right, so that makes the order meaningless.

or lose and drop out of the top 4***

Nov 19, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Bucknut Media Looking Over Their Shoulder But Still Arrogant ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which isn't at all out of the question!***

Nov 19, 2019, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Bucknut Media Looking Over Their Shoulder But Still Arrogant ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 10:11 AM

It's impossible for us to pass them this week since we have a bye and they play Penn State. The real issue is whether they can pass LSU after beating PSU and Michigan.

If OSU loses this week, we won't be the only ones passing them. They could drop out of the top 4.

Didn’t really strike me as arrogant.

Nov 19, 2019, 10:12 AM

stats are correct, and they have played more ranked teams. Good news? No more bcs. We will settle this on the field. How terrible would it feel to know a few short years ago we could have gone undefeated after winning the whole thing and could be on the outside looking in. The cfp sure made this better. Now... who is up for some fried chicken??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Nov 19, 2019, 10:13 AM

1. There's no difference between being #2 and #2 except pride.
2. If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man.

Nov 19, 2019, 10:18 AM

"1. There's no difference between being #2 and #2 except pride." - I majored in Math, and I totally agree with your statement.

JK - :)

Nov 19, 2019, 10:44 AM

Bucknuts........Ha!!!! Maybe they can all get together and vote themselves a championship.

I was looking at programs that have 3 National Championships yesterday. Specifically, Clemson, FSU, UF, LSU. I was struck by the disparity in ranking laurels (stuff that writers vote on) vs actual accomplishments achieved on the field.

The Bucknuts can have their media vote championship (Hey Bucknuts, the media has been wrong every year, goose egg, nada, zip, O-fer, bubcus). Good luck with that.

Nov 19, 2019, 10:25 AM

At least the article explains how they can keep bringing up our win over the Tarholes as a bad thing and Georgia's loss to the Coots isn't. They just ignore the Dawgs loss.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

O310...........Drop The Mic***

Nov 19, 2019, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 10:28 AM

It struck me as click bait...unless we are to believe 031O State really is worried we'd jump to #2 and they'd fall to #3.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they beat Peen St., Meechigan, and West champ

Nov 19, 2019, 10:31 AM

they will stay ahead of us

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Bucknut Media Over Looking the Young scandal timing

Nov 19, 2019, 11:06 AM

for his suspension to fall on the Md and Rutgers games. What are the odds

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly couldn't care less. I'd rather they stay

Nov 19, 2019, 11:15 AM

at 1 until after we use experience and better coaching to show them where the woodshed is located.

Pump them up to the point where they feel that they...

Nov 19, 2019, 12:09 PM

...can take it easy leading up to playing Clemson in Glendale, Maybe, show up in Glendale a week early, take in some extra sightseeing, head up to Vegas for a road trip, RELAX, enjoy the vacation, etc.

I want them thinking that Clemson is overrated and not for real.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic