Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Proof of a double standard...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,107

Proof of a double standard...

Nov 7, 2019, 4:06 AM

So we are penalized for winning close on the road to UNC and are out of the top four, but does anyone remember Bama losing to Ole Miss at home in 2015 and still being in the top four cup week one. I do. That same year you also had Baylor, Michigan State , TCU, Okstate all undefeated at that point in the season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Proof of a double standard...

Nov 7, 2019, 5:20 AM

It’s a parallel example to the concentration of wealth in our country- they hold all the cards including information, and people are left with very little to do or say about it.

This lack of inclusion is to the detriment of the product of college football, where fools at the top are only fools, and us peons see the truth unfold to its true nature- Clemson is the best team out there.

Ala played several good teams while we play ACC

Nov 7, 2019, 6:48 AM

SOS plays in more than eye test

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then psu should be ranked 3 right now***

Nov 7, 2019, 7:29 AM

Nov 7, 2019, 7:33 AM

You are right. I don't know if looking at 2015 if the right move though. The committee has change members and heads since then. I would say the double standard here though is having Penn St. over us but not Alabama. Clemson and Alabama have played similar schedules in strength to this point and equally blowing people out (minus our one game). I think that is the double (alabama) standard. Eye test is ok for one team but not the other.

Yea, Mullen just skipped that part of Rece's question...***

Nov 7, 2019, 7:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2019, 7:44 AM

hey everyone -don't fret

Basically the current 1-4 positions are more for TV ratings as the current "overrated" teams all play each other AND another undefeated team. So it is just for "money" and rating at this point.

Keep in mind, other years had both OSU and LSU ranked in the first week only to drop out and not reappear.

Nov 7, 2019, 8:00 AM

Swap the names from Clemson to Alabama and tell me with a straight face that Alabama would have dropped from #1 to #5.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,107
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic