Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kicked Off the Board of Directors and The Stadium Too...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Kicked Off the Board of Directors and The Stadium Too...

Jul 13, 2018, 4:39 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/13/university-of-louisville-removes-papa-johns-name-from-stadium.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kicked Off the Board of Directors and The Stadium Too...

Jul 13, 2018, 5:04 PM

Low times for Louisville. They can't get anything right.

On top of that, they have to open with Alabama. Oh my....

I expect Bama to beat them so bad they'll flush the season down the toilet like FSU did last year. I'll be shocked if they win more than 5 games this year.

And considering I'm giving them wins for Indiana St, Western Kentucky, UVA, Syracuse & Kentucky, that's not saying much. UVA won't be a gimmie either as it's at their place, and they're getting better each year under Bronco. If they won a 6th, it might be GT.

Still, that's not a great year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sad

Jul 13, 2018, 5:40 PM

You start a company...toil and sweat and worry for hours on end each day. You build a company...grow it, employ hundreds then thousands and generate tons of biz for your suppliers as well, who prosper and employ more themselves. You did what the competition didn't. You build a reputation, make money, put money into other projects and passions, such as a university. Money that didn't come from anyone other than you, through your efforts.

And one day...none of it matters. Someone was murdered? Nope. You were DUI and had a fatal wreck? Nope? You sure...you didn't kill someone's kid? Nope. You kidnapped a child...and did unspeakable deeds? Nope? You hit a woman...once...twice...or more? Nope. You're dealing drugs on the side...hiding within your pizza deliveries...am I right? Nope.

So, you said the wrong thing at the wrong time within a training session. You did such in a Judeo-Christian society that preaches forgiveness virtually above all else...and...yet. Nope...no forgiveness.

That, folks, is a screwed up world.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty sad

Jul 13, 2018, 5:51 PM

Perhaps true but mr. Pizza made a fortune for himself but his history of poor employee relationships is well documented. I guess that’s capitalism at its finest.

I get that

Jul 13, 2018, 5:56 PM

...strip the name of the company out of the conversation. I'm disgusted with the state of the world today. There was a time when the goal was to support and build-up. Now, we simply tear down...and relish with pure glee the demise of an individual, oblivious of the path that brought them to this point in time. It's as though no good was ever done. None. Whatsoever.

Re: I get that

Jul 13, 2018, 6:21 PM

You can be upset about the state of the world today, but you can't list a bunch of his accomplishments and then say "strip the name of the company out of the conversation" when someone brings up that he has a history. I don't think he deserves what he got, but he had already shown he is a total ###, and when you're at that level you need to remove yourself from the public eye for awhile. I get that he was in a training exercise, and it's absolutely bizarre that this was leaked, but he was training to put himself back in the spotlight. His ego overwhelmed good judgement and now unfortunately he's paying the price.

He was an example

Jul 13, 2018, 10:11 PM

I'm not discussing the details of his past. I'm commenting on how the world chooses to tear a person down at every possible turn. Heck, it happens here...with threads. The whole point is missed, because someone on wants to strip someone down. It's simply a pathetic human trait.

Heck, MLK is quoted...and his past has been dragged through the mud...as has virtually every other person of 'note'. What's the point...to prove imperfection? No one's claiming that...not at all.

sometimes, it's best to just step away from the toxins

Jul 13, 2018, 6:42 PM [ in reply to I get that ]

a man that cannot bridle his heart to know that a change of heart is necessary only sets himself up for the outcry against him... he was forgiven the first couple of times his choice of words and treatment of his employees bore the fruit of outcry against the company and it's stock prices... that training session was supposed to be his attempt to make the necessary change; but alas, he mistook the support of making a change to be support of him as he is... big mistake on his part and he simply has to face the consequences of not making a change when forgiveness was already there for him to lean on...

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." MLK Jr.

and truly, it is the condition of our hearts that matter most...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sad ]

You have an alternative to capitalism that you can recommend?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree forgiveness should be granted.

Jul 13, 2018, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Pretty sad ]

Everyone makes stupid mistakes from time to time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Pretty sad ]

At some point he got paid A LOT of money to relinquish control of the company. Nothing was TAKEN from him as he had already sold it. At that time he should have known he had to play by others rules.

He didn't and this is what happens. I'm not going to sit here and be sorry for a millionaire that couldn't sensor himself. He'll be just fine.

Thoughts and prayers for the Cardinals in this

Jul 13, 2018, 6:28 PM

most difficult time. Sandusky at Penn St was bad, but not as bad as papa John.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts and prayers for the Cardinals in this

Jul 13, 2018, 7:01 PM

I guess you believe that young boys being raped is not as bad as a man using a racial epithet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 10:12 PM

You seriously didn't miss his sarcasm...did you?

Jul 14, 2018, 7:17 AM

I guess Neal disguised it too well. Sorry about that, Neal.

UNCheat and Loserville are making the ACC look bad ....

Jul 13, 2018, 7:10 PM

We should kick them both out and add USF, UCF, Notre Dame, and West Virginia

Re: Kicked Off the Board of Directors and The Stadium Too...

Jul 13, 2018, 10:29 PM

He went from papa John, to papa gone.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic