Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
President Barker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 658

President Barker

Apr 16, 2013, 2:35 PM

Just wanted to send some love his way... As a student and soon to be alumnus I could not be more proud of President Barker and what he's meant to me throughout my time here.

I've had the pleasure of running into him on campus quite a few times, being able to speak with he and his wife, and he always remembered me. He never seemed hurried when we would speak, though I never made it a point to go on more than a few moments...

Regardless of what ya'lls thoughts are with his commitment to athletics, which I'm not going to argue one way or the other, he made Clemson a better place, which is quite a difficult task seeing as this place is already only a few steps short of heaven on earth.

I wish him well with his endeavors as a faculty member, and go Tigers!

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: President Barker

Apr 16, 2013, 2:48 PM

Excellent post. President Barker HAS done much to improve Clemson

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did plenty of harm too!!***

Apr 16, 2013, 6:05 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He helped me unload my van and move my daughter........

Apr 16, 2013, 2:57 PM

into her dorm her 1st semester back in 1998. That was in A-section in Johnstone - remember him and me talking about when we moved into Johnstone when we were freshman.

He's a nice guy - wish him well in his semi-retirement.

Well technically after your first semester at Clemson

Apr 16, 2013, 3:15 PM

you're an alumnus.

Congrats on your pending graduation. Enjoy every minute because believe me, the sting of being away from Clemson is harsh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

'Preciate it, and I've had folks telling me to live in this

Apr 16, 2013, 3:28 PM

moment in time for couple years now... I feel incredibly blessed that I've taken the last couple years to drink this place in and create some awesome memories.

It'll be hard to walk away, and hard to come back for that first football game knowing that I'm only here for the day; that I won't be going back to my apartment to study for some non-sensical test, but I'm ready to make that transition.

Clemson used to be this larger than life concept to me as a kid, now it's my second home, a place where a piece of my heart will always stay, at the foothills of the blue ridge.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've had WAY worse presidents, I assure you.

Apr 16, 2013, 5:33 PM

People like to give Barker grief, but he was so much better than the president I had (Lennon) and those that followed, it's not even close.

He's a real Clemson man. I wish him all the best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being better than Max is not hard to do! Worst CU pres ever!***

Apr 16, 2013, 6:04 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 658
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic