Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Preach Marco, Preach!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 842

Preach Marco, Preach!

Nov 25, 2020, 9:51 AM

Back to The Establishment it is.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1331238258509045761?s=20

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Preach Marco, Preach!

Nov 25, 2020, 10:01 AM

Rubio is already gearing up for 2024. He is a talented politician no doubt. Had he won in 2016, I suspect we would be talking about his successful re-election and the last 4 years would have been governed with over all conservative principles minus the circus of the Trump years.I hope he is wrong about the decline of America.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's an interesting lane to jump into politically...

Nov 25, 2020, 10:04 AM

since the guy who basically recognized that was a lane with little to no traffic but good asphalt and no speed limit will probably have his fat ### in that lane again in 4 years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2020, 10:06 AM

Marco can pick Cabinet members when HE gets elected President. Until then SD&SU !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we're not dependent on Chiner, then we're nationalistic

Nov 25, 2020, 10:12 AM

xenophobic isolationists. Can't we be strong and independent and still have good trading partners where all sides benefit?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Little Marco is adorable

Nov 25, 2020, 10:18 AM

so cute. just want to hug him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the anti-education sentiment. I don’t get the war

Nov 25, 2020, 10:50 AM

on intellectualism which seems an integral part of Trumpism where stupidity and naivete is embraced instead.

I guess it’s an important strawman to get sound bites that are lapped up by people looking to hate someone.

Same with China, large tariffs on Chinese goods (as well as Canada and Europe) hurt our consumers more than punish the Chinese.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's not anti-education...

Nov 25, 2020, 11:07 AM

it's anti-indoctrination into groupthink. The people Marco is talking about are intelligent people who go through a cookie-cutter process. I would assume this is a definition of the "swamp."

Nobody is against education, but education should be authentically liberal arts.

Trumps idea of going against the "swamp" (the same old people doing the same old things) was appealing. Unfortunately, Trumps flawed character brought another version of a "swamp" as it appears all thought had to align with what he believed. It did not allow for the free exchange of differing ideas.

I think most people believe D.C. is broken We have obviously gone back to safe after the failure of the Trump experiment. I hope somebody will pick up on Trump's message (as superficial as it appears to us now) and is able to do it better. Maybe Rubio is picking up on it. It would not bother me. He was my choice in the primaries 4 years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But isn’t it group-think to lump people into a category

Nov 25, 2020, 11:16 AM

because of where they went to school?

Let’s debate Janet Yellen as Treasury Secretary or Antony Blinken as Secretary os State on their individual merits instead of where they went to school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree it's a generalization...

Nov 25, 2020, 11:24 AM

I'm just trying to interpret Rubio's point. I am neither agreeing or disagreeing. In my opinion, Rubio was objecting to the same ol' same ol' when he said "Ivy League." I believe his point is - these people will play nicely in public (unlike Trump) but we will go back to getting what we have been getting for years.

I am trying to explain the point, and further, to demonstrate how such comments are somehow a sligt toward education.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree it's a generalization...

Nov 26, 2020, 10:07 PM

I like Rubio and voted or him in the primary and not trump in 2016. I did not think Trump could win in 2016 and the Dems did not either that is why the did not pull all the tricks like they did this time. Rubio has been quite the last couple of years. Ted Cruz has help himself a lot in the last few years. I did not relies he was that good of a lawyer. I still hope Niki runs in 2024 she will have my vote.

Re: it's not anti-education...

Nov 25, 2020, 11:27 AM [ in reply to it's not anti-education... ]

If any indoctrination occurs at a university, it happens through a students peers and not the University curriculum or indoctrination by professors. And people will generally adopt the political values of their parents, not their teachers.

What a university education does provide us the ability to think critically, and that's a threat to some in this country. To Quote George Carlin, Employers want people just smart enough to do their jobs,but not smart enough to sit around the kitchen table and figure out just how bad they are being screwed by the very politicians that threw them overboard 40 f'ing years ago.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's not anti-education...

Nov 25, 2020, 11:55 AM

Maybe you should have sent them to Bob Jones

Nov 25, 2020, 12:43 PM

instead. I hear they do not indoctrinate their students.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 kids fresh out of college here, and there certainly is

Nov 25, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: it's not anti-education... ]

indoctrination from the school. I have one daughter in a masters program, and there are certain ideas taught as accepted fact with which she does not necessarily agree, yet she does not dare express her doubt or disagreement because of the hardcore groupthink. And for what it's worth, I am a Libertarian who voted Trump, while both daughters are pretty much liberals who voted Biden, so the part about kids adopting the political values of their parents is BS in our case. I nor my brother had the same political views as our parents either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Being skeptical of 14 Yale/Harvard people running everything

Nov 25, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Love the anti-education sentiment. I don’t get the war ]

or of the apparent default mentality that such is necessary, is not anti education or intellect. One can agree or disagree with Rubio's politics, but he said nothing that is anti education. I am a skeptic of the NE and West coast elite mentality myself, and I am more skeptical of people who gravitate to it. If one chooses to think my Clemson degree isn't as good as them, that's their view.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you seemed to turn that around. Where did anyone

Nov 25, 2020, 1:17 PM

attack your Clemson degree? Rubio attacked Ivy League schools. Ya’ know that Trump, W, and W’s dad went to Ivy League schools.

Calling the tweet anti education was a really good

Nov 25, 2020, 5:27 PM

turnaround. It seemed that's what we were doing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey...Brawndo has electrolytes!

Nov 25, 2020, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Love the anti-education sentiment. I don’t get the war ]

It's what plants crave.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marco should worry about putting out fires in his own party

Nov 25, 2020, 11:26 AM

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1329490975266398210?s=20

Lest we get any more antiestablishment.

Guess he didn’t read up on Alejandro Mayorcas

Nov 25, 2020, 3:45 PM

Seems like steel wool business isn’t the privilege pedigree Marco is talking about.

Alejandro Nicholas Mayorkas,[4] nicknamed Ali Mayorkas,[5][6] was born in Havana, Cuba, on November 24, 1959.[7] His parents arrived with him and his sister to the United States in 1960 as refugees, following the Cuban Revolution. He lived in Miami, Florida, before his family moved to Los Angeles, California, where he was raised for the remainder of his youth.[8] Mayorkas grew up in Beverly Hills and attended Beverly Hills High School.[9]

His father was a Cuban Jew of Sephardic background and his mother a Romanian Jew whose family escaped the Holocaust and fled to Cuba in the 1940s[10][11][12] where his father owned and operated a steel wool factory.[8]

Mayorkas earned his Bachelor of Arts degree with distinction from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1981. He received his Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School in 1985.[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_Mayorkas

LOL, okay man........

Nov 25, 2020, 3:54 PM

you ever met a poor steel wool factory owner?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, his dad, the day Castro took over.***

Nov 25, 2020, 4:06 PM

Good point. The Steel Wool Oligarchs are taking over, lol***

Nov 25, 2020, 4:06 PM [ in reply to LOL, okay man........ ]

That'd be a solid album title for an Emo band.***

Nov 25, 2020, 4:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't that an REM cover once?

Nov 25, 2020, 5:51 PM

"Fables of the Steel Wool Oligarchs"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hypocrisy is skrong with Marco in that tweet

Nov 25, 2020, 9:55 PM

Trump — Penn
Pompeo — Harvard Law
Mnuchin — Yale
Esper — Harvard
Barr — Columbia
Ross — Yale & Harvard
Acosta — Harvard
Azar — Dartmouth & Yale Law
Carson — Yale
Chao — Harvard
Navarro — Harvard

And he voted to confirm most, if not all, of them. Not arguing with you APM, just stating the hypocrisy with his tweet.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

The more things change, the more they stay the same....***

Nov 27, 2020, 3:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 10:26 AM

Ummm... Trump picks from Ivy League Schools:

Trump- UPENN, Wharton
Pompeo — Harvard Law
Mnuchin — Yale
Esper — Harvard
Barr — Columbia
Ross — Yale & Harvard
Acosta — Harvard
Azar — Dartmouth & Yale Law
Carson — Yale