Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC can’t do anything to get respect
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

The ACC can’t do anything to get respect

Nov 14, 2019, 7:48 PM

Wake Forest sits there at 7-2 with the same or better record than 11 of the 14 teams in the SEC and 13th in the nation in total offense but according to ESPN we are just playing another cupcake this week.

I’m so sick of the bias. I swear I’m going to punch a coot next time I see one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACC can’t do anything to get respect

Nov 14, 2019, 7:53 PM

I guess Vegas is biased too?

I hate the bias as much as anyone but the ACC deserves no respect

Nov 14, 2019, 8:03 PM

The conference is awful. Years ago when Miami, VT and BC came in the league I thought, finally the ACC will get some respect in football. But until FSU, Miami and VT wake up and look like their former selves unfortunately the narrative is accurate.

Clemson stays Clemson, FSU get back to what they were a few years ago, Miami gets back to the early 2000’s, Louisville gets somewhere close to where they were with Lamar Jackson, UNC and NCSU show they have a pulse, GT stops being an afterthought... that is when the ACC dogging stops.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate the bias as much as anyone but the ACC deserves no respect

Nov 14, 2019, 8:16 PM

Makes you appreciate what Sabo and Saban have done even more. There are lots of former powers which are no longer that great. - Tennessee, Florida (better but still a fraud), Texas, USC, Michigan, LSU (before this year).

It’s tough to stay on top. Only Clemson, Bama, Ohio State and OU lately.

The ACC isn't "awful" and you know it.

Nov 14, 2019, 8:25 PM [ in reply to I hate the bias as much as anyone but the ACC deserves no respect ]

The SEC has several good teams at the top, but the middle and especially the bottom of the SEC are poor. The ACC doesn't have any elite teams besides Clemson, but is very solid in the middle and not nearly as bad at the bottom as the SEC.

I agree that it will help the perception of the ACC in football once FSU, Miami, Virginia Tech, etc. improve, but to say that the conference is awful now is ridiculous. Don't listen to the ESPN "experts" so much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

The ACC and AAC are comparable leagues this year

Nov 14, 2019, 10:34 PM

Clemson is single-handedly keeping the conference afloat.

Nov 14, 2019, 8:57 PM [ in reply to I hate the bias as much as anyone but the ACC deserves no respect ]

Miami went 11-1 and would have made the playoffs a couple years ago had they beaten Clemson in the ACC title game. Same thing with UNC not too long ago. Oh but they lost to South Carolina that year....Someone else lost to an even worse South Carolina team this year and they currently sit in the top 4.

Like I said, the ACC can do nothing to gain respect even in the eyes of ACC fans.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:22 PM

So you’re arguing that because Miami had ONE good season in the last 10, and UNC had ONE good season in the last 20, that somehow makes the ACC strong?

Good lord man you’re digging deep. Better luck next time Jhop.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:49 PM

Never said it was strong. Just that there is a clear double standard when it comes to recognizing accomplishments.

The ACC in the CFP era has been just as good if not better than the SEC on the field. That can not be debated.

Do you think we would be favored by 32 over Auburn or Florida?

Nov 14, 2019, 8:19 PM

Wake isn't that good. And their total offense is that high because they run like 90 plays a game. Their efficiency numbers aren't that high.

Re: The ACC can’t do anything to get respect- never will

Nov 14, 2019, 8:30 PM

if UNC keeps dressing like tonight

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Real Clemson fans have more class than to punch coots.

Nov 14, 2019, 8:37 PM

We just shake our head at you and await the next time you embarrass yourself.

That time is now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Real Clemson fans have more class than to punch coots.

Nov 14, 2019, 8:58 PM

A great impersonation of yourself hopelessly flailing

Nov 14, 2019, 9:13 PM

to get your woeful pulse up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Real Clemson fans have more class than to punch coots. ]

Being the Father of a son born with physical challenges... I am comfortable in saying you suck for posting this.
Not as much as #45 but darn close.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:47 PM

I apologize. Careful bad mouthing trump on here.

Nov 14, 2019, 10:15 PM

Thank you. Apology accepted. I avoid politics as much as possible. (Nevertheless) The whole Trump experamint should have ended the night he did this.

If someone hates me for my opinion that's between them and God. ??

Nov 14, 2019, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Real Clemson fans have more class than to punch coots. ]

Serious question. Who has punched or been close to punching a coot? Raise you ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 9:16 PM

Found one, who’s first??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 8:39 PM

You can thank John Swofford for that. Inviting schools like Pitt and Syracuse to join the conference.

I’d love to be able to scrap these teams and pick up some others. Along with BC, and Wake Forest. We have absolutely no business being in a league with these teams.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 8:53 PM

If Pitt was in the SEC at 6-3 with a close loss to Penn St. on the road they'd be ranked in the top 25.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:03 PM

Are you watching the game right now? The stadium is empty, and they’re 6-3, with a chance to make the ACC championship.

That is embarrassing to the conference and is one of the reasons the ACC gets no respect.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 9:09 PM

In the SEC that’s called beating each other up.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:11 PM

I don’t understand what you’re trying to get across.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACC can’t do anything to get respect ]

If they were playing in the SEC, they wouldn’t be 6-3

Nov 14, 2019, 9:47 PM

In the SEC East possibly.

Let me guess, you’d want to add schools like

Nov 14, 2019, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACC can’t do anything to get respect ]

West Virginia, Navy, Cincinnati, and Central Florida instead?

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Pre-Season Rankings!

Nov 14, 2019, 8:56 PM

Do away with pre-season rankings!
People don't want to be wrong! When they make their picks - they can't smell their own stink! If they thought a team was great; they are reluctant to drop'em.
SEC and Big 10 and sometimes the Big 12 Occasionally the Pac 12 take your top spots. Only an FSU or a Clemson will get ranked "if super talented"!
Certain teams will be ranked just off reputation. Some others will possibly get ranked off returning experience.

B/C ye ole ACC does not get a bunch of teams ranked pre-season it looks worse when two ACC teams "that aren't ranked" are knocking each other off. Same thing happens in other conferences and those teams get to keep a high ranking: "because they playing a top team"!
A cycle.

Two different member schools. 3 of the last 6 National Championships! Let'em keep their rankings - if every other year the ACC is bringing home the GOLD!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pre-Season Rankings!

Nov 14, 2019, 9:26 PM

“SEC and Big 10 and sometimes the Big 12 Occasionally the Pac 12 take your top spots.”

Lol ou loud. You do realize the ACC is the only other power 5 conference, right?

I'd be careful if I were you. Mirror glass can

Nov 14, 2019, 9:09 PM

slit your knuckles like a razor.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:16 PM

Neither can you, coot.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:31 PM

When playing a garbage schedule, 7-2 is not impressive.

When you see yourself in a mirror...

Nov 14, 2019, 9:52 PM

...don't forget to duck when your fist is thrust towards your face... or not.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic