Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prayer request please!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Prayer request please!

Aug 15, 2016, 1:40 PM

Many of you may remember me requesting prayer for my back a coup of years back. We'll I have now had a total of 4 back surgeries, one of which was having a spinal cord stimulator implanted. The stimulator helps me with leg and foot pain. My back is no better. On top of that I have developed central and obstructive sleep apnea. I never feel rested after sleeping. My apnea case is weird. When the doctor tried putting me on a CPAP and a BIPAP machine my symptoms got worse. Because of that, the doctor decided to put me on nocturnal oxygen. The machine was just brought out today. Hoping it helps since they determined that my brain and body are not getting enough oxygen. Because of this lack I am always so tired. I'm just exhausted.

Last week I also had a procedure done to my left knee and will have my right knee done before Spetember. During this procedure the doctor burns 3 nerves around my kneecap that send pain signals to my brain I hoping u continues to improve and help with pain.

What I want prayer for is my social security disability hearing. I had it 5 weeks ago tomorrow. Please pray for a favorable decision. God has sustained me this far. I'm trusting Him. Thanks in advance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, you've had some tough times bro!

Aug 15, 2016, 1:47 PM

Will pray and hope you find some relief and
get some peace about all of this. If what
doesn't kill you makes you stronger as they
say, you must be one of the toughest men
around. Sure hope you get your SSD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayer request please!

Aug 15, 2016, 1:48 PM

Praying for your health and for the disability to pan out. My Mom had to be on supplied oxygen at night for quite awhile. It helped significantly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dang Brave Tiger!

Aug 15, 2016, 1:57 PM

You sound as if you are two steps ahead of Clowney in present ailments & injuries! Have you been tackling some poor Michigan RB's at full speed? LoL

Seriously, thinking of You & hoping and praying relief of pain is coming your way!

GoTiGERs! ????

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2016, 1:54 PM

You've certainly been through some tough times the last couple of years buddy. Based on what you've told us, I don't see any way you don't qualify for Social Security disability. Will pray for those benefits for you, as well as for God's healing touch. God bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2016, 2:23 PM

My spinal cord stimulator only helps the pain in my legs, and it has never helped my back. To sleep, get a very good recliner, or a spit king sleep by number bed that you can adjust just your side of the bed bc your wife won't be able to sleep at the setting you will need. Before the bed and just sleeping in my recliner, I got 3 sometimes 4 hours straight of sleep. After the bed, and after I found the number and angle best for me, easily 6 to 8 hours sleep straight through no problem. And I have slept 10 hours straight through at times since I got this style sleep number bed. Sleep by number spit king is your answer for some sleep. Back injured in 2006, counting spinal cord stimulator, I have had 4 major surgeries of disc fusions and disc trim offs, Plus spinal stimulator implant surgery!!! I still have, in H&ll Fire pain in my back if I do to much. But I have leaned to deal with a 50/50 life of pain and not so much pain. You will learn what you can do, and what you better not do. Then what ever you want to, you ask yourself if its worth it before you do it. You will have to learn to live like that bc if you don't, "You Will Be" a miserable SOB for the rest of your natural life. Young people won't listen, but when you see them doing sh!t that can get them where you at, tell them, and hopefully some may listen. Good luck!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2016, 2:26 PM

Done

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done - Praying for a favorable decision - Stay brave!***

Aug 15, 2016, 3:52 PM

Re: You got it, sorry to hear about what you're going

Aug 15, 2016, 3:55 PM

through.....

-RB

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Aug 15, 2016, 4:02 PM

Hope your prayers are answered. Obviously you are having a rough time.

Done******

Aug 15, 2016, 4:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done***

Aug 15, 2016, 4:42 PM

Re: Done***

Aug 15, 2016, 9:58 PM

Praying for you!

Aug 15, 2016, 5:30 PM

Saw your prayer request earlier today and happened upon this study this afternoon and thought it may just be one of those "God" things, so I thought I'd pass it along to you.... I'll keep you in my prayers.

http://www.thnstudy.com/

Wow! You got it! Keep us updated!***

Aug 15, 2016, 6:01 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2016, 6:35 PM

Prayers!

Praying for You Now

Aug 15, 2016, 9:38 PM

Mark 9:23 (NKJV)
Jesus speaks to us, "If you can believe all things are possible to you who believe."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2016, 10:23 PM

Done

Prayers for you that this time it will go through.***

Aug 15, 2016, 10:47 PM

You got prayers going out tonight and often. Good Luck***

Aug 15, 2016, 11:38 PM

You got prayers going out tonight and often. Good Luck***

Aug 15, 2016, 11:38 PM

Re: You got prayers going out tonight and often. Good Luck***

Aug 16, 2016, 12:00 AM

I thought I had back pain! You have my prayers and know the Lord has a plan for you if you seek it.

God bless. Enjoy this season.

Aug 16, 2016, 12:35 AM

Done.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Prayer is outbound. The oxygen should do wonders

Aug 16, 2016, 12:46 AM

You will lick this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayer is outbound. The oxygen should do wonders

Aug 18, 2016, 5:18 AM

Ok! I just cried my eyes out just seeing that my Clemson brothers and sisters are praying for me. It is almost 5AM and I'm still awake. I always keep this feeling of anxiety. I've seen my wife cry one too many times because she has to call me from the grocery store and ask me what we can afford to buy. Many times I've stood in the mirror with tears pouring down my face and I ask myself , "how did I get here? What did I do wrong? Is this all part of God's plan so that I have this huge testimony where I can stand before hundreds or thousands and tell me story about the 10s of thousands of pain pills, nerve pills, anxiety pills, anti-inflammatory pills, etc. and lived to tell about it." (Those pills are over an 8 years period) I often check myself and ask myself honestly if I could work after all of this and the honest answer is no. I see so many people fake stuff to get disability. I have contacted 2 senators. All they can do is show an interest in the case. They can't call the judge that heard my case and tell him to award me disability benefits. Honestly it is on God's hands. I know I am saved. I know where I'm going after life on this earth. I just want to have a better quality life. I want so bad to have money in my pocket to just hand some money over to someone I see in need.

I was at Toys R Us about a month ago because I promised my little 7 years old daughter that I would take her and let her spend some of her money she had been saving.When I checked out I was talking to the cashier and I found out that at 17 years old he comes from a 1 parent environment and his mom is disabled after a failed back surgery. My heart just broke. As I checked out I took the bag and handed it to my little girl. We started to walk out to the car and God told me to give the young boy every dollar I had in my wallet. I had $15 on me. I walked on and told him that I had to fight back tears when he told me that he was having to support his entire family at that age. I explained that I felt it in my heart that I was supposed to give him the money. He tried about 5 times to not take it. He even said, "but sir you have a little girl to take care of." I told him that God would take care of me. His eyes filled with tears and he finally took the money. It just blessed my heart to help someone in need. I wasn't thinking about myself. I wanted to be a blessing to someone else. This is how God works. A friend I went to high school with sent me a text and told me to be looking for something in the mail from him. A couple of days later I received a $200 check from him. A few days later another friend that I rarely see just showed up at y front door and handed me $300. I asked him why and he told me God had been dealing with him to help my family out. I was blown away. God always comes through. Don't ever let anyone tell you that God is not real.

I hope this story blesses someone. God bless you all!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fwiw, you've been an inspiration

Aug 18, 2016, 7:03 AM

by persevering through such tough times. God
has used you in ways you may not see.
btw, check your Tmail

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic