Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prayer Request
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Prayer Request

Sep 18, 2018, 10:47 PM

Today my company announced it will be closing our office here in Charlotte. 900 employees will be impacted. It won't be final until next fall, and I am grateful for the notice for myself and others. 700 should be offered jobs at the HQ in VA, however it's not likely that will be a feasible move for all 700. 200 will be eliminated in the consolidation. I have been home sick so I have not had an opportunity to meet with my boss face to face yet, but I am one (with caring for my mom) that relo won't likely work out for. So, prayers for peace during what is sure to be a stressful time and if you know anyone that needs an awesome HR Manager I would be open to relocating closer to Clemson (duh!) and trying to get to Greenville or Easley or Anderson for work.

http://www.wbtv.com/2018/09/18/family-dollar-close-matthews-headquarters-jobs-affected/

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: Prayer Request

Sep 18, 2018, 10:51 PM

Done

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayer Request***

Sep 18, 2018, 11:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent!***

Sep 18, 2018, 11:03 PM

Done...

Sep 18, 2018, 11:06 PM

With a Clemson degree in hand you should not have much trouble at all finding a job somewhere

Lucky for me... I have 2 of them!!

Sep 18, 2018, 11:22 PM

;)

Photobucket

Sep 18, 2018, 11:11 PM

Suzi, is Jim Seagraves still afilliated with FAMILY DOLLAR?

Ron wright

I don't know that name.***

Sep 18, 2018, 11:21 PM

Photobucket

Sep 18, 2018, 11:15 PM

Prayers for you. Having been through these situations, I know they can be very stressful and trying. Just try to keep your head and your faith up. When 1 door is shut, God will open another 1 for you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done!***

Sep 18, 2018, 11:19 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Done!***

Sep 18, 2018, 11:25 PM

Prayers for you and all affected by this news.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 11:39 PM

Sorry , all changes bring about stress and worry . But with your confidence , personality, and pretty face , you shouldn't have much difficulty landing a good job .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely suzi***

Sep 19, 2018, 12:00 AM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sep 19, 2018, 12:04 AM

Wanted to write to ask you about that after I saw it. So sorry for all of you, though at least you know you have until after next summer to decide to transfer or find a new job...gave you a bunch of time to plan out your next move. Good luck.

Sep 19, 2018, 12:05 AM

Done

I saw that on the news. Praying for you !***

Sep 19, 2018, 12:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 1:05 AM

Prayers sent!

Geez..$Tree paid Levine Family $9,000,000,000!

Sep 19, 2018, 2:04 AM

I knew that family was rich due to all the things & buildings they own plus the charities & endowments & causes they support..

but this amount of money is crazy from a $6,000 investment around 1956 by the now 80 year old founder!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm very sorry to hear this news, and, of course,

Sep 19, 2018, 5:59 AM

wish you the best.

No doubt, you will find either satisfaction with the company or another opportunity, perhaps, even more to your liking.

I will keep my eyes and ears open to possible opportunities for you in my area, albeit, the Midlands. Those of us Clemson folks here have learned to endure! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would take the relo package to VA before I'd relo to Coot

Sep 19, 2018, 7:31 PM

Ville LOL :)

Photobucket

Done***

Sep 19, 2018, 6:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sep 19, 2018, 6:40 AM

Prayers up!

Done***

Sep 19, 2018, 7:28 AM

You got it young lady! Prayers for you and all involved.***

Sep 19, 2018, 7:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 7:34 AM

prayers sent for all of you. keep us posted

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 7:41 AM

Prayers sent! Know something good will work out for you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Sep 19, 2018, 7:55 AM

You got it. I will be praying for you as I will be on the lookout for a great HR Managers position. T-Mail me your resume and I will send it to friends I know at a couple of companies. If you don’t mind I would like to add your name to prayer list at my mom and dad’s church as well as at my aunt and uncle’s church. They may even have some great contacts that will help.

It is my pray that God will give you peace and comfort as well as direction during these difficult times.

My mom was an HR Manager and was awesome at what she did. She may have some contacts too! They use to call her mom or Nana at the company she worked at.

Pray that God will show you the right path for your future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you! I will send it to you as soon as I finish

Sep 19, 2018, 7:33 PM

my updates!

Photobucket

Sep 19, 2018, 8:12 AM

Prayers sent your way. I've been in the same situation and it is stressful.

Done. Good Luck!

Sep 19, 2018, 8:26 AM

It's stressful enough taking care of a parent. Stay positive, there are good jobs out there in Greenville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When one door closes, another one opens.

Sep 19, 2018, 8:32 AM

Best of luck to you Suzi.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Thanks! I am a firm believer that is true. I've seen it

Sep 19, 2018, 7:39 PM

multiple times in my life, so I am not entirely upset over this happening (finally, I knew it was going to happen eventually, you'd be a dummy to think they'd keep 2 corporate campuses open forever).

When I was in Clemson this summer for the Ladies Clinic it just kind of hit me that I needed to move to Clemson. I had always said I'd retire there, and now with the situation with mom I can't just up and move as easily, and ADA renovations can get expensive, so I don't want to do that over and over. So, anyway, I really left Clemson that weekend feeling like God was leading back home where I love to be and that I just need to move there now, get settled, and then I would also have a never-ending stream of college students looking for easy 'babysitting' jobs to watch mom! It was like the start of this before I knew I was about to need that plan in my head. :)

Photobucket

Sep 19, 2018, 8:47 AM

Suzi,
Sorry to learn your situation. My siblings and I cared for elderly mother at home for over a decade and three of us traveled three or more hours one way to spend weekends doing it so I fully understand what you are handling. You have my prayers.

I recommend looking at Clemson itself. The university is hiring all types of jobs, but go to Career Services for help as a graduate. Also look at other such institutions. I am thinking of places like Anderson University, Furman, Wofford or any of the technical colleges.

Clemson has a finance major business networking group so ask about similar networking in HR. Hope this helps you focus your initial search. Above all keep your faith. The Lord will provide.

Go Tigers ??!!

Thanks for the tips! I will check into those avenues!***

Sep 19, 2018, 7:40 PM

Photobucket

Praying for you, your Mom, and a successful resolution of

Sep 19, 2018, 8:56 AM

this situation. A similar situation happened to me over 40 years ago and it led to a great life changing career move for me. However, I wasn't caring for my Mom at that time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 9:28 AM

All the best.

God has a plan.

I have gone through several layoffs and keep the faith

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 4:08 PM

Done

Sep 19, 2018, 4:26 PM

Praying for you!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 4:29 PM

I am sending prayers your way, Suzi. I too, live in Charlotte and will keep my ears open for something in your field. Wishing you well with this and with caring for your mother.

thank you so much! Appreciate all eyes and ears! :)***

Sep 19, 2018, 7:51 PM

Photobucket

Sep 19, 2018, 4:32 PM

God Bless!!!

Sep 19, 2018, 5:06 PM

Love and prayers!

Best of wishes and good luck.

Sep 19, 2018, 5:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

My prayer request is

Sep 19, 2018, 6:32 PM

for your peace and discernment, and that you end up in a much better situation...one in which you will say, "I wish that this had happened sooner."

Sep 19, 2018, 11:06 PM

Prayers for you and your family. I hope you land a great job closer to Clemson. Have you applied at Boeing

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Peace to you...

Sep 20, 2018, 12:07 AM

...something better awaits you!!

It's already done

Sep 20, 2018, 7:03 AM

I believe everything will work out for your benefit. Prayers said for your mom as well.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic