Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Powell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Powell

Feb 13, 2021, 3:12 PM

Maybe I've missed it, but has there been any talk about how Cornell Powell did catching the ball for Trevor the other day? He's earned a draft spot imo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Powell

Feb 13, 2021, 3:36 PM

He did well. Charone Peake was out there too. Powell is jacked up nowadays, I was surprised how much physically bigger he looked than Peake. They had two white guys catching that I have yet to figure out who they are? It was just the 4 of them.

Feb 13, 2021, 3:43 PM

Powell is much more developed than when he first got to Clemson. He's a big dude that can take some hits and block. He and Amari are built similarly now. They both maintain good speed but with way more bulk than most WR's.

Powell did really well, bet his draft stock rises. Charone

Feb 13, 2021, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Powell ]

sadly dropped a long one. He may have to go back to CFL?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Powell did really well, bet his draft stock rises. Charone

Feb 13, 2021, 5:55 PM

Love to have him with the Argos and three ex-Clemson Tigers

Feb 13, 2021, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Powell ]

I was surprised Amari and Justyn weren’t out there. I would have thought for sure Amari would rather be catching balls from Trevor than whoever is gonna be throwing at the Clemson Pro Day.

Justyn hasn’t been cleared to return yet.***

Feb 13, 2021, 10:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Justyn hasn’t been cleared to return yet.***

Feb 14, 2021, 2:26 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tigernet.com/amp/story/Swinney-on-Justyn-Ross-practicing-in-full-pads-You-forget-how-special-he-is-19164

He was practicing in full pads and running routes against air 4 months ago. I just figured maybe he’d like to start building back his stock with a QB he knows all to well and that knows him also.

Feb 13, 2021, 5:56 PM

I'm thinking Powell will be a 3rd rounder.
Hopefully Amari about the same.
How bout you guys?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2021, 7:17 PM

Think it really depends on their workouts.. Unfortunately NFL teams value metrics almost as much as production. If Amari runs in 4.45-4.5 range and crushes the shuttle he should definitely be picked by the 3rd round. I think Powell needs a great workout but I see him more as a 4-6th round pick. Powell doesn’t quite have that quick twitch/burst teams want to see for a 6ft or under receiver. But I see him easily having a career similar or better then Jaron Brown!

Feb 13, 2021, 10:20 PM

The bean counter guys just kill me. Give me a guy that makes plays at his position and understands that every single time he steps on the field, he is 1/11th of what is happening on his side of the ball. Most of these NFL teams come out of the gate with terminal team cancer, because their bad leaders allowed their bad evaluators to make bean counter decisions and ignore the fact that those beans are carcinogenic.

Pro-day 40s wont hold the same wt as a combine 40 would have****

Feb 13, 2021, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Powell ]

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic