Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are you a Clemson fan or a Clemson Tiger ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Are you a Clemson fan or a Clemson Tiger ?

Nov 20, 2014, 12:54 PM

I am an old school Man. I don't understand everything that goes on in this world but I do understand loyalty and being "All In" Truth is I have been "ALL IN" before the term was ever used. I am a Clemson Man. went to, graduated from, won an athletic letter, and became a success in my field because of lessons learned at Clemson. I am not a fair weather fan who hides my stripes if we lose a game, Clemson University is much more than just a athletic contest. It is a special place that lives in your heart as long as the Orange Blood pumps through your Veins ! If you don't feel that way then you may want to take a look at the state school down in Columbia... They wrote the book on Fair Weather Fans ! Many of you have criticized Cole for his QB play this year. Perhaps you don't like his style or you put the blame for the FSU, Tech and Georgia games on his back. My question to you is this .If you are a Clemson Tiger a true 7/24/365 Clemson Tiger one who knows just what an honor it is to go to school , wear the uniform , hang the diploma how can you sit in judgement of a young man that has given his all for this school ? for those of you who are "FANS" Could you stand on the field and be hit so hard that the snot in your nose bubbles and then dig yourself up and do it play after play ? Cole is a Clemson Man and like his play or not he has done what it takes to earn respect ! He has done nothing to shame the University, our football program, or himself...So on Saturday at the top of THE HILL when he appears be Thankful we have young men like that not THUGS who bring our school disgrace ! You want to be a Clemson Tiger ? Well it starts with Honor, and ends with Pride ! Understand what those who have gone before you built and Respect it ! Clemson Tiger until the End !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great post!

Nov 20, 2014, 1:08 PM

i am a bit younger than you (i assume). but i have poured my heart and soul into clemson baseball, basketball, and (when i can afford it) football for the last 10+ years. i have supported such coaches as west, leggett, bowden, dabo, shyatt, purnell, and brownell. i have supported each and every single player who has given their all to our university. i havent always been happy with the results of the players and coaches but have always appreciated their efforts. i have only criticized the players/coaches who i thought have disgraced our university in some way... which has been few and far between. i love what our coaches and university stand for.

i now have a 2 year old who i take to basketball games and he loves every second of it. from the game, to the halftime shows, to getting close enough to take a picture with the Tiger but not quite close enough for him to "get him".

i love this university and will suppport them through thick and thin!

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's nothing personal

Nov 20, 2014, 4:10 PM

He is just not a good QB. I'm sure he is a great kid, probably popular with the ladies. I'm sure he will go on to be a great member of the community. But he is not a good quarterback. Nothing personal.

Re: It's nothing personal

Nov 21, 2014, 8:57 AM

IronCat, I understand your point of view. I think what set me off was to hear he would be booed at the Hill on saturday.

Post of the year!***

Nov 20, 2014, 1:11 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you a Clemson fan or a Clemson Tiger ?

Nov 20, 2014, 2:44 PM

Woooooooooooo!

Probably what I should have written. Well said.***

Nov 20, 2014, 3:04 PM

instead you just came off like a whiny a$$ b1tch, better

Nov 20, 2014, 9:28 PM

luck next time

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 3:09 PM

Great post. Thank you for handling this with grace. They get under my skin like chiggers.

Yeah but what do you think about non aluminums?***

Nov 20, 2014, 3:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah but what do you think about non aluminums?***

Nov 21, 2014, 8:59 AM

I have Zero problems with the fact that you did or did not graduate from Clemson. I think most True Fans get what Clemson is about.

Nov 20, 2014, 4:34 PM

Trey, thank you so much for your awesome post! It sums up what I feel for Clemson. Go Tigers!

Nov 20, 2014, 5:08 PM

Great Post!!! Thank You

Great post except there are no fair weather fans

Nov 20, 2014, 5:59 PM

in cootville, we had lots of fans way before 2009 ;)

Re: Great post except there are no fair weather fans

Nov 20, 2014, 6:07 PM

Yep, and prior to 2009, 75% of them left during halftime. Not fair-weather at all...

~JKB

Nov 20, 2014, 7:33 PM

Neither. I am an Alumnus. Class of 1992.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 9:58 PM
IMG_1084.jpg(213.8 K)

Clemson Tiger ....here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Please Understand How to Make Paragraphs***

Nov 20, 2014, 9:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please Understand How to Make Paragraphs***

Nov 21, 2014, 9:00 AM

I am an old man that means nothing to me !

Nov 20, 2014, 9:39 PM

Yeah, let's create division amongst a fan base!!

Born a Tiger and completely agree with this!***

Nov 20, 2014, 9:47 PM

Nov 20, 2014, 9:53 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1407271&start=60&tstart=0 I am Clemson, I am a Tiger.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:29 PM

Why would write a great post and twist it around and turn it into a Cole Stoudt conversation? I have wanted Cole to
Succeed as much as anyone but after reading your post and many other similar post (although not as well articulated) I just ponder the thought of what has Cole done for this university? I think in return Cole owes everything to this University who gave him an opportunity that no other power 5 conference offiliated team would. He will walk out with a degree from Clemson University that will give his life a great head start to become successful in all of his future endeavors. That sounds like a pretty good payoff off to me. By omission by the coaches Cole was not prepared and mentally ready when he was called upon. That to me is disrespect to me and every other Clemson Tiger who led the way for his getting an opportunity to have that head start in life. So yes while some take things to an extreme I do think that critism is needed, Because what I think you and many others who are "trying" to say the right thing are missing is that he and many others owe this to the university. The university doesn't owe it to them. The university, students, alumni, and fans who support this great institution are owed that because what they have giving Cole Stoudt far exceeds what Cole Stoudt has given them.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:58 PM

The notion of "owing everything" to an organization makes me feel...icky. It's just like the in-vogue phrase "giving back to the community."

Cole Stoudt doesn't owe his body and soul to Clemson. He's a capable guy, and he's chosen Clemson above other schools both to get an education and play football. Sure, that's a great call on his part, but he's here to learn in the classroom and do what the coaches ask him to do on the field. Neither he nor anyone else came to Clemson so they could be somehow shamed or taken philosophically captive to this idea that the university suffered or sacrificed for his advancement or that an unspoken I-O-U has been created under the false pretenses of goodwill extended to individuals by the masses.

Cole, just work as hard as you can. Work hard in the classroom in such a way that you own an education, not just a diploma. Develop yourself as a player and continue to refine your role and your skills under your coaches. Be humble, but be a man. You're not an all-star caliber QB, but be a man. Get out there and move forward, regardless of hype or criticism. Learn to distinguish between wisdom and empty chatter. Be a man. Be a Clemson man.

Hopefully TNetters can consider how to propel and encourage people to greatness with their words. Hopefully TNetters will prove themselves to be Clemson men and women.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Excellent post. I love everything Clemson and could never

Nov 20, 2014, 11:12 PM

see myself criticizing a coach or player. What good does it accomplish? If you would not say something to someone's face then why say it on an internet board? Everybody associated with the team has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more invested in football than any of us and deserves our support, win or lose IMO. Hope Cole and all the team have a great game Saturday on senior day. Go Tigers!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Excellent post. I love everything Clemson and could never

Nov 21, 2014, 7:16 AM

No way would I ever even discuss downing a player or a coach of Clemson that is keeping it earnest and promoting our university with class , which Cole Stoudt and our staff have done .
Given that some of these detractors aren't really fans at all and that some who are have an agenda known only to themselves. I think it is wrong to bash on anything Clemson if you aren't directly capable of making a change in a positive way.

DB23

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic