Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Oct 17, 2016, 10:22 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Very disappointed in Carlos Watkins

Oct 17, 2016, 10:25 AM

Sucks that it happened like that but you have kind of have to put yourself in his situation there. I'm sure it was absolutely nothing personal from Los. I'm almost positive he just wanted to get to the locker room

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Oct 17, 2016, 12:07 PM

Why do you need to be on the field--most sports venues you would be arrested

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 2:25 PM

Why does this have to be explained all the time? See how that works. Its been a tradition for decades and hasn't changed.

YeP, but maybe another game..vs Loser Coots!

Oct 17, 2016, 10:26 AM

Try again & be more Gentle! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he just needed to pee really bad...

Oct 17, 2016, 10:28 AM

...who knows...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't know his situation...

Oct 17, 2016, 10:28 AM

There has to be a last person. Don't fault him for not wanting to sign autographs for 100% of the people that stormed the field.

Message was edited by: CU_Tigers_time®

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Well...

Oct 17, 2016, 10:31 AM

you can't expect them to be available for you every game. If he made himself available for you. After you, who's next?

I'm pretty sure he was totally exhausted--physically and mentally.

It's disappointing, I know. But if it's my daughter, I would have explained her the reason and would have tried my best to make her understand that it's not he's not nice. As a fan, you should understand this.

Oct 17, 2016, 10:32 AM

I understand what you are saying, but this is why the meeting at the Paw is not always a great thing. The players have been busting the butts for 60 minutes, emotions, and tempers are high. There have been times when I have had a "Not today" moment myself. I can only imagine that one of the leaders of the team was pretty heated that the game went the way it did, especially the offenses mistakes. I hope your son can understand that and not judge CW too harshly.

Thank you so much for taking the time to voice your complaints

Oct 17, 2016, 10:36 AM

Let's not forget that these players are simply a means to your end. Nevermind he is a 20-something year-old with other responsibilities, emotions, and deadlines. You have absolutely zero idea what is going on in his personal life or his motivations for having to leave the field at that time.

You should be embarrassed by the way you have handled this interaction with Carlos. Rather than trying to be understanding of the demands put on these players you decide to snitch him out online.

But by all means, continue to ##### and complain when these guys aren't able to fulfill your every self-centered demand.

Thank you. Logged in just to thumbs up this post

Oct 17, 2016, 3:35 PM

Some people just don't get it.

It's their world, we just live in it, right?

smh

not a big deal. The was nice about it at least. Physicalgame

Oct 17, 2016, 10:37 AM

and we were lucky to win. 1 autograph means a swarm will probably ensue for more. Its either sign (a bunch) or dont sign

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Oct 17, 2016, 10:41 AM

It happens get over it dude.

Oct 17, 2016, 3:08 PM

I know Carlos Watkins and there's no finer young man!!!

Poor expectations

Oct 17, 2016, 10:42 AM

Sorry. Fans shouldn't expect anything from the players or coaches after the game. And then you publicly call a player out? Feel better now?

He simply doesn't owe you an autograph on demand

Oct 17, 2016, 10:42 AM

He wasn't rude, he wasn't mean to you. After putting it all out on the field for hours to entertain you and get the Tigers a hard fought win, if he doesn't want to sign stuff (for whatever reason) then respect that and explain that to your kid rather than making him out to be in the wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awwww

Oct 17, 2016, 10:47 AM

He hurt your feelings.

Get a life.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

You're telling me, I asked Tiger Woods for his golf clubs and he told me no...

Oct 17, 2016, 10:48 AM

I said he could use them until he didn't make the cut for Saturday. Dude is a jerk. ;)

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Re: Awwww

Oct 17, 2016, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Awwww ]

You don't bring a helmet to a game .

You bring a helmet to FAN DAY to get autographs . Ever tried to sign your name after
a brutal game ?? It takes hours for your hands to relax .,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 10:51 AM

Sorry a player wasn't available to you and your kid right then when you demanded it. Believe it not, these players are real people too. If me as a spectator was mentally drained after a less than stellar performance by our team, I can only imagine how a player who's invested countless hours in preparation feels. Get over it and think about someone besides yourself.

Maybe he was just frustrated about the way the game went.

Oct 17, 2016, 10:52 AM

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Muthertrukin millenials. Clemson university varsity

Oct 17, 2016, 10:53 AM

Men's football club doesnt owe you a daggum thing, neither does carlos.

You and your kid got to meet a couple players. You should be grateful for that. Happy with what you did get FOR free, out of generosity.

Instead you are all pms'in about what you didn't get. Baby jesus cries everytime a post like this is made on tnet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 17, 2016, 10:53 AM

He had just finished competing in a grueling 60 min war and could've been looking for his own family and friends, seeking rest/treatment in privacy of locker room, etc. There's no telling and it's unfair to shame him based on some brief interaction moments after an emotional finish.

Jeez, time to take a parenting class.

Oct 17, 2016, 10:55 AM

If he had done that to my son, without hesitation he would have kicked Carlos square in the nuts, and then as he was doubled over in pain, given him a roundhouse kick to the jaw.

Then as Carlos was on the ground in agony, he would have leaned over him with his sharpie and said "How about TODAY, BISH???"

It's like you guys don't even care that you're raising a bunch of wussies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeez, time to take a parenting class.

Oct 17, 2016, 11:13 AM

Word........Most people who read this complaint about Carlos Watkins think less of the complainer than of the player.

Mr. Complainer, you had a nice chance here to explain to your son that sometimes even very nice players are tired or hurt or hungry and just want to get off the field, get cleaned up and meet with their friends. I hope you did that. (A helmet? You took a helmet on the field after the game to get it signed? You've got to be kidding me.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to see you Harley....just for old time's sake.......

Oct 17, 2016, 11:16 AM

Can you keep signing your posts?

-Obed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I met Carlos at the Chick / Peach Bowl.

Oct 17, 2016, 11:24 AM

He was beyond polite with "yes sir and no sir".
I'm sure that your experience will be better on another day.
As Dabo says " this could be a 'teachable moment'" for your son ?

Re: I met Carlos at the Chick / Peach Bowl.

Oct 17, 2016, 11:50 AM

I support Carlos.

Oct 17, 2016, 12:11 PM

I'm disappointed in you... he is a kid that was exhausted, cut him slack.

Oct 17, 2016, 12:12 PM

We were near Christian Wilkins after the game and he signed countless autographs & took countless pics with kids. On one occasion, he even grabbed a kid by the shirt so he would be in the pic with his brother.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Oct 17, 2016, 12:16 PM

Carlos is one of the coolest and most laid back guys after the game on the field. A ton of my friends actually took selfies with him after the game because our group ended up right next to him when the alma mater started playing. He was cheesing for pictures and singing the alma mater. It was fun. Hate you had a bad experience but I'm sure he was just ready to get in the locker room. They get in trouble if they stay out too long

WeLL...you & Son can have my Autograph!

Oct 17, 2016, 12:19 PM

Signed: "LiGHTBuLB" BiLL ??

How was that?! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shame on you dad! They have autograph

Oct 17, 2016, 12:26 PM

Day in April! What if every father wanted to have Carlos sign your little football? He would still be in DV'

Go to The Spring Game for AUTOGRAPHS.***

Oct 17, 2016, 12:37 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Brother, I'm a little disappointed in you.

Oct 17, 2016, 12:53 PM

You pick a close, down to the wire game(that was not supposed to be that way). The D-line was getting handled all day long. Can you not imagine the frustration Watkins was feeling?

You expect that young man to turn that frustration and disappointment off and sign your son's helmet? I don't get your thinking.

There are plenty of other ways to get players autographs. You chose a poor opportunity and want to come on here and pawn it off on Watkins???

I know you have more compassion in your heart that what you're showing. You put your son in a tough spot. That's on you my friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't sign them all. Too much to expect that.***

Oct 17, 2016, 1:00 PM

Entitled much?***

Oct 17, 2016, 1:32 PM

Re: Entitled much?***

Oct 17, 2016, 1:35 PM

4 pages of y'all giving him a hard time. I think he gets it by now.

It happened to me with vic beasley....

Oct 17, 2016, 2:22 PM

But it's okay don't think he meant anything wrong....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 2:36 PM
IMG_0197.JPG(85.7 K)

I met him in front of the stadium one day and was very nice and cool.

I'd say I'm pretty disappointed in this post..

Oct 17, 2016, 3:27 PM

what's the purpose, make him look bad or you feel better?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic