Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Poll

Dec 16, 2020, 7:45 PM

Choose one:

Which is hardest for you to say    [Results]

I love you
I was wrong, I'm sorry
I need your help
Worcestershire Sauce please
I appreciate you
My conspiracy theorist friend was right
2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poll

Dec 16, 2020, 7:46 PM

I need your help.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll put you on my prayer list.***

Dec 16, 2020, 9:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll put you on my prayer list.***

Dec 16, 2020, 9:21 PM

We can all use plenty of that.

Dec 16, 2020, 9:56 PM

I like all of those options.

Wrong board moran***

Dec 16, 2020, 10:02 PM

I feel that way sometimes, myself.

Dec 17, 2020, 4:18 AM

As soon as I get the 'standdown,' command I realize I'm taking this all as real when in reality it's just a game. Those are the times I disappear until The Master has fixed my soul. Bobcobb22, you remember them times I addressed you with harshness. If you'll think back, soon after those episodes I vanished for a time.

Loving the people here isn't optional for me. That's why when one of you guys try to get under my skin I put you on my prayer list. My trick to remembering is to write down anything worth remembering. When I document an addition to my prayer list, which is shorter than you might think, I remember it.

My heart breaks when I consider that on that Great Day I may be called to witness. I thank God I'm not doing jury duty in that day.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:12 AM

We have done all we can 1988 - they will just have to be hit in the face with it

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 8:23 AM

There is nothing any of us can do about it. It's like sunshine, even the blind feel the warmth. In this case it will be blistering and I suspect it will stun.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:29 AM

When ???

dude you cant stop!

Dec 18, 2020, 12:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Poll ]

it's gold Jerry! Gold i tell you!!

by the way, with that crystal ball of yours, can you help a brother out with the next Amazon stock or Bitcoin Cyrpto?

asking for a friend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd add another - "my religion is a silly fairy tale joke"***

Dec 17, 2020, 10:23 AM

Put that one right after

Dec 17, 2020, 10:25 AM

"I'm so indifferent to religion that I spend every waking hour ridiculing it."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I get butthurt when someone pokes fun at my magic sky fairy

Dec 17, 2020, 12:06 PM

Belief system.

My favorite thing about 'woke' people like yourself, is that

Dec 17, 2020, 12:45 PM

you're too stupid to see that you and the hardcore Baptist who wants beer banned and judges people for not tucking their shirt in are the flip side of the same coin. You're literally the same type of person as the people you mock so much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a 'hardshell,' Baptist and I support gay rights...

Dec 17, 2020, 1:29 PM

to marry. Who could deny a gay couple the right to the torture of a childless marriage. I also tip a glass of wine and would never support prohibition or shutting down strip clubs. I do not believe in legislating morality.

If you want to screw someone of the same sex, drink or drug yourself (1), go for it. I have enough sin in my life and heart to deal with. I do declare, when I get myself perfect I'm going to start working on you, Lakebum1.

I really don't think you have much to worry about cause I usually mind my own sin and keep my nose out of the sins of others.

1. I don't consider pot to be in the same class as killer drugs. It might make you lazy and worthless and it might not according to your character.

I'm talkin' about the granny who disowns you for 'living in

Dec 17, 2020, 3:01 PM

sin' with your girlfriend and tells you you're going to helll for drinking a beer on Sunday. Not the Mercedes restoring lovable grandpa who tells you he's praying for you every time you see him. Come on man!

Plus, I am perfect, so there's nothing to work on. I bet even Jesus would hate left lane drivers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a shame that anyone believes that pounding...

Dec 17, 2020, 4:15 PM

someone over the head with the Bible is going to fix their life. I reckon the threat of going to #### and burning throughout time without end has never seen anyone truly come to Christ. Paul discussed this and it's one of the most interesting concepts in both the Bible and The Pilgrim's Progress.

You can search for The Apostle's and Milton's version but rather than repeat something so easily found I'll give you mine. A man finds himself under the burden of guilt, that's really pretty common for most of us. The guilt carries him to the altar where he unloads his soul but leaves empty for not allowing the Holy Spirit to fulfill His role by occupying the throne in the guy's heart.

Only recognizing God's love for us leads us to salvation and repentance. To repent means to turn around, it does not mean we live a perfect life from then on out. It's just a matter of turning and facing God, recognizing who He is and seeing the love that took Him to the cross and the love that kept Him there until He died. That love is for you and EOYOT too. It's not that God requires either of the three of us to live a perfect life or to turn our lives around. That's God's work.

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." Philippians 2:13

What does that say? It says, It is God who works in you change your will to do His good pleasure. That leaves me without pride, any pride which even suggest that anything I've ever done or will do is because my human will, or desire, was to please God.

He leadeth me in the path of righteousness for his namesake. It does not say He pushes me down the path of righteousness so He can be proud of me. It says he leads, which again, leaves me without pride.

I'm sorry for granny or anyone else who believes they've done something for God. The only thing a man can do for God it to believe. He puts a measure of faith in every one of us. It's a birthright from being a child of Adam and Eve. He put great faith in Jesus but He shorted me. The only mountain I've ever had a part in moving is the mountain of doubt in my heart. That tiny bit of faith, the grain of a mustard seed which He gave me to work with seemed insufficient for years. Then, when I realized that tiny grain of mustard seed was all I needed if I put that bit of faith in Him.

Again, I am left without pride but I have something much more precious. I have the Joy of The Lord and I have the love of God in my heart with I pray to reflect on those around me.

Can you read this to granny and leave out the part granny thinking she's done something for God? I'd suggest, the old girl wants to tell you how much God loves you but just doesn't know how. A lot of spiritual children fall into that trap.

How about that EOYOT being able to fit 'poke, hurt, butt,' and fairy in the same sentence?

"the torture of a childless marriage"

Dec 17, 2020, 3:09 PM [ in reply to I'm a 'hardshell,' Baptist and I support gay rights... ]

lulz

I'm obviously not that holy.

Dec 17, 2020, 4:17 PM

As arrows are in the hands of a mighty warrior so are the children of thy youth, blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. Palms something, you know the thing man, comeon.

I have no idea what you are talking about***

Dec 18, 2020, 12:00 AM

Re: I have no idea what you are talking about***

Dec 18, 2020, 5:14 AM

It's simple, Psalms 127:

"4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate."

I misspelled the word "psalms," to poke fun at Biden not recognizing the pronunciation of a book of the Bible with which every profession Catholic is familiar then quoted his rhetoric 'you know the thing,' when he failed to remember 'under God,' as part of '...one nation under God.'

The shot at homosexuality was not directed at homosexuals. 'A childless marriage,' is one of the most horrible things a married couple can go through. While I a forbidden to judge a man's heart I am obligated to point out that sin has a wage. From Gal 6th chapter: 7. "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

I can testify that at times I sowed to the flesh and remembered this verse because I lived it. I can testify that if you plant corn don't expect to pick tomatoes when the crop matures. I testify that hoping the rain won't come to nourish a crop planted to the flesh is hopeless.

I can also promise, two homosexuals will not procreate to which I testify that next to God's gifts of eternity, children are His greatest blessing.

Perhaps you have no idea what I'm talking about but maybe you do.

Let me help.

Dec 18, 2020, 8:02 AM

He was laughing at your statement of "the torture of a childless marriage" because that's an absurd statement. Some people choose to go that route and are quite happy. And no, the Bible doesn't override that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

yeah. i caught that too. "conditional non judgement"...

Dec 18, 2020, 12:26 AM [ in reply to "the torture of a childless marriage" ]

always the best.

Re: yeah. i caught that too. "conditional non judgement"...

Dec 18, 2020, 5:19 AM

A man can love a sinner without excusing the sin. Plain language, honest and truthful. I do not have to 'judge sin,' that is all laid open in God's word. Judging sinners is above my paygrade. What then, shall I use 'I'm not allowed to judge another man,' to excuse sin? God forbid.

What do we call a man who calls right, wrong or sin, holiness? Confused? Maybe, or maybe he is just so evil he can't know truth. You can take offense at that if you choose or if you're reasonable you can consider that it's not a cheap shot at you but someone concerned trying to explain facts without diplomacy.

Dec 17, 2020, 10:24 AM

https://youtu.be/EORSLz0_BRU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic