Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Louisville Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,071

Plyler's Blog: Louisville Review

Sep 21, 2015, 10:26 AM

Louisville Review

Louisville Review
Due the awkward Thursday night time slot and travel on Friday, I am putting out our thoughts on the Louisville game today.

It was not a great game where the Tigers played well, but there were a lot of positives to come out of the game Thursday. Clemson got a win on the

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Louisville Review

Sep 21, 2015, 10:30 AM

did all we could w the win. if we beat them badly we get no credit because they are winless. just get it done on the short week and move on

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The #6 spot in the polls seems to be the designated place...

Sep 21, 2015, 10:37 AM

for over rated teams, when the fickle finger of fate finally points in their direction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2015, 10:59 AM

Is there anything going on behind the scenes to indicate why Watson seems to not be as sharp? I understand he's just 19 but with all his talent and maturity something seems different with him this year?

Sep 21, 2015, 3:08 PM

No knowledge of the "behind the scenes" here but I would guess it's two major things:
*He's a young player in one of his only road starts at QB
*He's less than a year removed from a major knee injury/surgery

G-Drop is showing up again

Sep 21, 2015, 11:02 AM

I don't think he's ever been consistent. He wants to run before he catches, hence he doesn't do well with the easy ones

Re: G-Drop is showing up again

Sep 21, 2015, 11:13 AM

G-Hop dropped 1. Peake dropped 1. Gallman dropped 1. Watson had 2 to Leggett they all would have been big pick ups.

Then you have the referees. They had a personal vendetta against Lawson. No call on PI on a linbacker covering Ghop. The changed "holding" call on Tank so the tip wouldn't be reviewed. And then the no facemask call on DW's last run. They should have admitted they missed the call and gave him the spot instead.

When you are fighting all that. I think we showed good fortitude and heart to stick in there and win that game.

Sep 21, 2015, 3:13 PM

TigerJ47: you hit on a major item. ACC officiating is beyond horrible. How could they have possibly missed the face mask on Watson late in the 4th quarter, If that is called--and it should have been--we get first down and run out the clock. Later during their last grasp drive, qb flips ball away as he was sacked. Clearly intentional grounding. Then on last play on their right side there was a clear case of illegal procedure as their TE or Wideout moved long before the snap. Again no call. I could go on and on but suffice it to say the league is a total joke when it comes to offciiating

Sep 21, 2015, 6:26 PM

This was definitely the worst game I have ever seen. I mean I know plays on the field happen very fast. But I think teams should be allowed to challenge calls. The first call on Shaq was questionable. But the second was absurd. His hands didn't even graze his face. (That led to a touch town and put them inside the 15). The PI on Ghop would have been a first down and put us in field goal range. (Referees preach if defender doesn't turn around that causes the flag. Well the linebacker didn't turn around and was grabbing Ghop. ) And then the biggest play I was irate about was the no call on the facemask on DW. All that fight to get the first down and they review it. There is no way you couldn't see the facemask. No reason the guys upstairs shouldn't have told the referee on the field. Y'all screwed up we are giving him the half yard. Absolutely just ridiculous.

Not defending them by any means but they said the

Sep 21, 2015, 7:28 PM

facemask was not reviewable but the spot was. My question is who the ^%$^ made that rule because a facemask is one of the easiest things to review, either he grabbed it or he didn't, open and shut case where spotting the ball and targeting is still subjective. Seems like they need to to do a thorough review of the replay rules. It seems like we always get screwed on it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2015, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: G-Drop is showing up again ]

I agree someone got a good pay day. I know it's normal for a fan to hate refs for bad calls, but there were a little to many "bad"and "missed" calls for me. I love college football! And my Tigers! Hope Vegas doesn't take that away.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,071
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic