Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: I Don't Know
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: I Don't Know

Mar 12, 2015, 9:18 AM

I Don't Know

I Don't Know
A very smart business man once told me that his most dangerous employees are the ones that don't know what they don't know. He said it is very important to separate what you know from what you don't know.

At this point in my life I don't know about Clemson basketball.

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: I Don't Know

Mar 12, 2015, 9:26 AM

I think they are starting to recruit pretty well given no home arena next year. I share the concern about Rooks. I'm pulling for him to get to play and be healthy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2015, 9:42 AM

I don't know if BB is an ACC calibre coach. After 4 seasons, we should know this.

I do know that the basketball program is not making progress and may be worse off when OP left the program.

And I do know it was bad judgement by AD Rad to give BB an extension and increase his salary last year.

Mar 12, 2015, 10:24 AM

I know BB is an ACC calibre coach. After 4 seasons with 8 ACC wins, anyone should know this.

I do know that the basketball program is making progress every season and always seems to be better at the end of the season than at the beginning, contrary to when OP led the program.

And I do know it was a judgement by AD Rad to give BB an extension and increase his salary last year, I have no reason to think it was a bad decision, and many reasons to hope it pays large dividends in a few years.

I do know I trust AD Rads judgement more that some people who post on Tigernet! :) We hired him for a reason and he is respected enough to be among an elite group who pick the 4 teams to compete for the FBS championship.

Mar 12, 2015, 10:16 AM

I do not know if it can be done.... I hope that it can be done..... I like Brownells teams, I like that he is recruiting players that plan on playing 4 years because I think the only way Clemson will compete with Duke and UNC and Louisville is with 4 or 5 juniors and seniors contributing. I think Brownell's recruiting is improving and will continue to do so.... but I do not know anything... I do not know if Brownell will still be at Clemson next year or the next.....

I hope you're not getting paid for this blog

Mar 12, 2015, 10:26 AM

was I supposed to glean something from that?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I know, right?***

Mar 12, 2015, 2:51 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what I know?

Mar 12, 2015, 10:32 AM

The same thing I did when OP left...we should have hired Gregg Marshall. So many on this board said he was small potatoes and wasn't big enough for Clemson. Let's see...from this area, builds programs from nothing into contenders (without state of the art facilities, mind you), gets the most out of his players...sounded good to me.

He turned Wichita State into a contender. Now he's making $1.75 million a year and basically untouchable. And for all those who say "well, he doesn't coach in the ACC", I don't care where you coach, he's averaging almost 30 wins over the past five years and has a Final Four appearance (and that whole, 35 straight wins thing). If you don't think he could win in the ACC, you don't know basketball.

Yes Yes Yes

Mar 12, 2015, 10:38 AM

I could not agree more! Thank You!

Re: You know what I know?

Mar 12, 2015, 12:54 PM [ in reply to You know what I know? ]

> The same thing I did when OP left...we should have
> hired Gregg Marshall. So many on this board said he
> was small potatoes and wasn't big enough for Clemson.
> Let's see...from this area, builds programs from
> nothing into contenders (without state of the art
> facilities, mind you), gets the most out of his
> players...sounded good to me.
>
> He turned Wichita State into a contender. Now he's
> making $1.75 million a year and basically
> untouchable. And for all those who say "well, he
> doesn't coach in the ACC", I don't care where you
> coach, he's averaging almost 30 wins over the past
> five years and has a Final Four appearance (and that
> whole, 35 straight wins thing). If you don't think he
> could win in the ACC, you don't know basketball.

Never due to his cherkered past with the NCAA, plus questionable grades player wise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thought he was a coot?***

Mar 12, 2015, 1:19 PM [ in reply to You know what I know? ]

I don't think Brownell............

Mar 12, 2015, 10:54 AM

has the answers to your questions either!

I was at the ACC Tourney Game...

Mar 12, 2015, 11:34 AM

...and here is my take.

Brad Brownell needs to go.

Early in the game, any time a player made one mistake, he became upset - clearly visible to all - and yanked the guy out of the game. Who, I ask, has the best seat in the house when BB does that? The players on the bench. He has lost this team. Imagine you are player sitting there watching this and you get sent into the game. You know, that you are one mistake away from getting yanked so you play tentative.

About midway through the first half, the 5 guys on the floor were an absolute train wreck waiting to happen. I said my son, oh no, I don't like this lineup and we could have the game get away from us here. And, it started to do just that.

At around the 6 minute mark, BB FINALLY found the 5 that needed to be on the floor. How does it take 14 minutes into your 31st game to finally find those 5. Hall, Devoe, Blossomgame, Nnoko and Grantham.

The Tigers again struggled with 2 areas of the game that they have struggled with the last 2 years... 1. Finishing at the basket and 2. Getting the ball inbounds on the offensive end. How many times do we have to watch Grantham do loopyteeloops in midair instead of just going right to the rim. How many times do we have to watch Nnoko not use his big body and get blocked - usually from the side or behind. Dunk the dang ball! And poor Rod Hall. 2 years in a row in the tourney where he can't finish at the rim. I don't blame him though. His heart is huge and he gave all he had.

As to getting the ball inbounds, that is a coaching issue period.

In closing, I am proud of the guys for fighting to come back. The whole arena - mostly UNC fans by the end of the game - were puling for our Tigers. The groan at the end when Rod's "Tiger Woods that wouldn't" shot didn't fall was very loud across the arena.

I sure hope we make the NIT and play somewhere in the southeast so I can go to the game and root again.

Its tough being a Tiger basketball fan but I'm not going anywhere. As to Brownell, on the contrary, I hope he does go ANYWHERE!

I do know this

Mar 12, 2015, 12:19 PM

....Clemson basketball is mediocre...with Ellis, Barnes and OP we were sort of spoiler and could win on a given night....and sort of a quiet excitement with the fans...instead of wondering if we can upset Syracuse or Duke, we are wondering if we can compete with Gardner Webb and Coastal. A building wont change a program or bring in the recruits we will have to have to compete at a higher level, if in fact this is the goal.

Lost this team???

Mar 12, 2015, 4:35 PM [ in reply to I was at the ACC Tourney Game... ]

Really, based on what?

FSU shot out of their minds which is tough to overcome.

He has to try different line-ups as we have NO CONSISTENT scorers.

A team that the HC has "lost" does not make that kind of comeback..... EVER.

Grantham has athletic basketball skills but very little basketball IQ. You don't think BB is trying to get him to do the things he needs to do?

No one likes losing and this team was very up and down all season but some of you just amaze me with your analysis of his coaching.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lost this team???

Mar 12, 2015, 10:51 PM

sbrooks - my analysis is spot on. I have coached. Have you? You can see it. Those kids are playing for each other. They are galvanized. What amazes me is Tiger fans that go blindly into the abyss. I am as avid a Tiger fan as you will find, but I'm telling you, it's time to go another direction.

Mar 12, 2015, 1:20 PM

Clemson's ACC Basketball Tourney tradition continues...one and done!...

Mickey, you know. And you know you know.***

Mar 12, 2015, 1:25 PM

Mar 12, 2015, 2:02 PM

Your response says it all... "you do not know."

Mar 12, 2015, 2:15 PM

at least he is admitting what anyone that is around him or listens to his show for more than 5 minutes already knew. he is the only man i have seen who can lose an argument with him self!

Mar 12, 2015, 2:36 PM

I'm pretty sure you could lose an argument with yourself.

I don't know why you thought this was worthy of posting***

Mar 12, 2015, 2:49 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They Should Have Spent The Money On A Big Name Coach instead

Mar 13, 2015, 10:12 AM

of a new BB Arena.....A big name coach would have brought in the top players and BB dollars would soar....

The definition of insanity is to repeat the same thing and expect different results......that appear to be what we are doing with coaches

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic