Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Florida State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Florida State

Nov 4, 2015, 9:23 AM

Florida State

Florida State
In my lifetime, I have seen it all regarding FSU football. I remember the 1970s teams that were awful. I remember the teams in the 1980s that were great. I have seen national title teams that have been elite. I have seen the decline late in the Bobby Bowden era where they

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Florida State

Nov 4, 2015, 9:38 AM

LaMarcus Joyner is currently in the NFL.

Sorry, Jalen Ramsey not Lamacrus Joyner***

Nov 4, 2015, 10:53 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU has as much stake in this game as does Clemson. A

Nov 4, 2015, 11:12 AM

FSU win will knock Clemson out of a division championship and playoff contention. Winning against AP #3 and #1 in 4-team playoff rankings would be huge for FSU. They would jump much higher in the playoff scenario. Anything can happen at this point. We remember the debacle in the Valley two years ago. FSU will come in with the aim of getting on us early, take the crowd out, and frustrate the Tigers. Will it happen?? I don't think so - but it could. Clemson wins 34-24.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

32-9 Clemson

Nov 4, 2015, 1:06 PM

People talk about Dalvin Cook a lot and he is #2 in the country averaging 148 yds/gm. But look closely and you will see that aside from BC and UL, all other teams averaged 63rd in rush defense. Against BC (#1 rush defense) FSU only had 98 yds. UL (#16 rush defense) FSU had 133 yds. Our 14th rush defense will make FSU go to the pass and that's not good for FSU. CU pass defense is 14th. It could be a blowout!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 32-9 Clemson

Nov 4, 2015, 2:05 PM

This game will be like the Notre Dame game----reasoning~~~~ Florida State has 5* athletes,but only walk-on coaches !!!!

Re: 32-9 Clemson

Nov 4, 2015, 2:34 PM [ in reply to 32-9 Clemson ]

The wrinkle will be that playing McGuire last week showed Jimbo that they can have balance with him as QB...when it was Golson, they were a one trick pony and it showed as GT shut down Cook and FSU had no offense. If I'm Jimbo I either start McGuire or I rotate the two QBs, they have enough talent at WR that with McGuire in there they'll be able to throw for a lot of yards, which will then open up the run for Cook.

I was worried that would happen when they sat Golson...with Golson I would've said this game was a slam dunk, but now with McGuire in the mix, this game could be a lot closer than we'd like.

Disagree, I think the DE's can tee off on McGuire! 31-17

Nov 4, 2015, 9:27 PM

I rather see him in there than Golson - now rotating them is a different story? Still - Tigers 31-17

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Florida State

Nov 4, 2015, 9:29 PM

"Jimbo Fisher is in his sixth year at FSU, and I put his tenure in two categories, the Jameis Winston era and the non-Jameis years."

I don't think I'll ever look at Fisher's tenure at FSU the same again, Mickey. This really removes a lot of the abstraction from the whole deal and makes things much clearer.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic