Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Boston College Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Boston College Review

Sep 26, 2017, 9:19 AM

Boston College Review

Boston College Review
I heard some of the complaints in the stadium Saturday and have heard a few days of it since. However, I understand why the offense did not look like it did in the Louisville game. In my opinion, there are several reasons why this game took on a completely different fe

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Boston College Review

Sep 26, 2017, 9:32 AM

I think what frustrated me the most wasn't the running game (because quite frankly when we didn't get away from it, we went right down the field, aka the 9 play (all rushes) TD in the 4th)) but with all the adjustments made, why we never had more than a 6 man protection scheme? I don't think it was a coincidence that when we actually used 2 TEs in the 4th quarter is when we finally gave Bryant time to throw. Also, long developing pass plays on 3rd and long have got to stop when you can't consistently protect the QB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frisbee Kitchen Dogs.***

Sep 26, 2017, 10:06 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure what's better.......

Sep 26, 2017, 10:07 AM

That you swiped "Frisbee catching dogs" from Packman, or that you called it "Frisbee Kitchen Dogs" and made it your own.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like his x and o analysis.***

Sep 26, 2017, 10:08 AM

Not me.......

Sep 26, 2017, 10:11 AM

I preferred the four straight paragraphs of Venables quotes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure that analysis is lifted from someone else as

Sep 26, 2017, 10:15 AM

well. I've been an avid blog reader for many years now, and I can't remember the last time we had a break down of x and o defensive schemes.

Sep 26, 2017, 10:20 AM

Mickey,

You say that the staff can make adjustments and that's what they did on Saturday, but the fact of the matter is that it was a 7 point game with 6 minutes to go against a #### poor Boston College team dealing with injuries.

Either it took us way too long to make adjustments or we weren't executing - I don't know, I'm not an X and O's guy. My guess is we weren't executing, and that it was our depth and their lack thereof that made the final score so lopsided.

And if BC going from a man to man to a zone scheme befuddled us for 3 1/2 quarters then that's also an issue. It isn't like a two deep zone is some new ground breaking way of playing defense.

Sep 26, 2017, 10:21 AM

Great read Mickey. I saw a great team have an off day offensively on Saturday. This team did what a great team does in that situation and took the game over in the fourth. You look around the country each year and you will see great teams be off of their game and lose to a much less talented opponent. This team did not lose. They asserted themselves when it mattered the most and blew out their opponent. The game wasn't perfect by any means but I can't find a reason to complain about winning by four TDs in a conference game in spite of less than stellar play. I'm sure that the negatives we saw will be corrected.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2017, 11:19 AM

Mickey, will you ask our coaches can take advantage of what the defense is giving us a little earlier in the game? Waiting until the fourth quarter is hard on some of us. Every team left on our schedule will try to defend us like BC did. And I'll bet every one of them would love to be tied with us into the fourth quarter.

We dont have to be our best every week?

Sep 26, 2017, 3:27 PM

But I thought 'best is the standard', right? I've seen some comments and crticism of people booing on Saturday. Normally I have a problem with booing. But I've watched and played enough football to read their body language and they needed a wake-up, badly. I like others also recall lethargic disasters against BC when CU was clearly more talented. It ain't been that long ago. Funny, after a few boo birds in the 3rd Qtr the team picked up the pace a little. Just sayin...

BV is the man - interesting comments

Sep 26, 2017, 8:34 PM

The Clemson Defense is as good as I've seen since 1889. That said, BV expected a close game. And BV was "disappointed to give up 7 points."

His words imply he had moderate expectations of our Offense against BC. And BC's Defense ranks 108 of 130. What BV and O-coaches clearly did not anticipate is ETN is more than good - ETN is somewhere between very good and great even with little college seasoning. And yes, BC my have been gradually wearing down by 4th qtr, but only ETN ripped the BC Defense. Work to do this week and no doubt team and coaches are working hard. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic