Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5-star Tristin Leigh recruiting news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

5-star Tristin Leigh recruiting news

Dec 16, 2020, 10:25 AM

According to reports, 5-star OT Tristin Leigh won't commit until Jan. 2.

He is down to four schools -- LSU, OU, OSU, and Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please sweet lil baby jesus!

Dec 16, 2020, 10:27 AM

We need him badly! Can he play Jan. 11?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5-star Tristin Leigh recruiting news

Dec 16, 2020, 10:27 AM

You love to see it.

Dec 16, 2020, 10:29 AM

I think the Tigers are completely out of this but him signing today would have certainly meant he was going elsewhere.

If he is delaying his decision that could mean there is still a decision to be made and that he is still listening to what others have to say.

Hopefully he is jumping on some more Zoom calls with Dabo and we can make some progress to maybe get back in this thing.

Dec 16, 2020, 10:35 AM

Yeah, him delaying can only help us. He was rumored to be leaning OU heading into today and LSU was considered another major player. Maybe he's having reservations about relocating to Oklahoma? Maybe LSU's fall from grace has hurt them? I don't know, but we do know that Dabo had been making a strong push for him in recent weeks. I think this is promising.

Dec 16, 2020, 10:36 AM

I'm not exactly feeling good about things just because of this choice, but it doesn't hurt Clemson for him to wait.

Dec 16, 2020, 10:44 AM

This is very bad for Oklahoma. It means he is not sold on them. I take this as great news for Florida. If Clemson can get another visit, I'd say we are back in the game. If not, status quo.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 11:15 AM

Well since there are no more home games for any of his contenders, wouldn't any "visits" he makes be virtual in nature?

Dec 16, 2020, 11:22 AM

There have been no paid visits this year at all (supposedly, though I highly doubt some schools were playing by the rules- looking at you LSU and Oklahoma). So technically, there is no such thing as an "official visit" and recruits are free to visit at any time, though contact with coaches is supposed to be limited to electronic visits.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 11:33 AM

Yes that's what I was alluding to.

Players have paid their way to go watch games and the public has known about it, but at this point with no games remaining I can't imagine they would pay to fly across the country to "accidentally" bump into a coach at a restaurant.

Any "visits" from this point on will likely be virtual in nature so it will be really hard to follow who players are in contact with the most at things move forward.

Agree with you. OU must be sweating now

Dec 16, 2020, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: 5-star Tristin Leigh recruiting news ]

He seemed like a lock to go there and doesn't strike me as someone who wants to drag things out and create drama.

But like you said, if he doesn't visit us again, we remain out of contention.

Dec 16, 2020, 2:43 PM

I just got confirmation that Tristian Leigh will not sign until February. Don’t be surprised if he takes a visit to Clemson. LSU is in some deep trouble that hasn’t been published nationally yet. Thus resulting in some decommits on their end. I believe Carmen may be leaving for the draft which is the reason for this late strong push for Leigh.

Dec 16, 2020, 2:48 PM

I like Carman, but he hasn't helped himself this year. He'll be lucky to get a day 2 grade.

Dec 16, 2020, 2:55 PM

Agreed. One thing he’s got going for him is his test measurables though. When he gets to the combine, he could only boost his stock.

Dec 16, 2020, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: 5-star Tristin Leigh recruiting news ]

He’ll be picked no later than 2nd round. His work against the OSU DE in the playoffs last year will entice NFL teams.

I'll go chat with him

Dec 16, 2020, 2:51 PM

I have some work to do in his area tomorrow

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Per 247, his mother says he's not signing until February

Dec 16, 2020, 2:59 PM

This is awesome for our chances because he's seen all there is to see at OU and LSU and maybe doesn't like either one of them.

Just gotta get him on campus and I have to believe this is probably in the plans since he's holding off until February.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic