Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Playoff Format
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,072

Playoff Format

Nov 28, 2019, 11:53 AM

I think the next playoff format should go like this...

6 teams...5 Power 5 Comference Champions And then the winner of the two highest rated non-power 5 conference champions in a winner makes it game to be held on the same weekend as the Power 5 CCG...

No voting, no humans picking...winners qualify to be in ... seed and play...

CCG become de facto first round games so basically you have a 12 team playoff...if you can’t win your conference then you do t deserve to be the Natty Champ...includes non-power 5 teams so every Team has a chance to make it...you play your way in...also
Keeps every region of the country engaged each year and takes out all biases!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Playoff Format

Nov 28, 2019, 12:56 PM

I agree it needs to be won on the field, and I agree with your sentiment. However, alabama would get a bye every year ? Plus one other team not Clemson ? Hmmmm no thanks. It's gotta be 4, 8, or 16. I'm good with 4 for now.

Re: Playoff Format

Nov 28, 2019, 1:52 PM

If we’re going to expand it to 12 why not have it more like a traditional playoff like the NFL.

-Conference Champions are automatic qualifiers.
-Non-Power 5 teams or independents that go undefeated are automatic qualifiers.

After the conference champions take them and rank the teams 1-5 based. Then any independents/Non Power 5 teams will be ranked the last 1-2 teams in (11 or 12). The others would be at large bids.

Rank Teams 1-12: NFL Playoff Style
1. Round 1: (Played one week after Conference Championships are Traditionally Played (1st weekend of December) 12/12/2020
* Top 4 Teams get a Bye:
* Teams 5-12 Play each other at Higher Team’s Ranked Home Field
* 12 vs 5
* 11 vs. 6
* 10 vs. 7
* 9 vs. 8

Gives conference champions a bye and rewards the regular season because the rank could determine everything. Getting a bye vs being on the road would be huge. Not to mention it gives the “Cinderella” opportunity for the smaller schools so we could get another Boise State vs. Oklahoma albeit a small one.

2. Round 2: (Played one week later)
* Winners play the top 4 Teams at the top 4 Team’s Home Field
* 8 vs. 1
* 7 vs. 2
* 6 vs. 3
* 5 vs. 4

3. Round 3: Played 1 week later (12/26/2020)
* Played at 2 of 4 Major Bowl Sites (Sugar, Fiesta, Orange, Rose) as currently done

4. Championship Round: Played 2 Weeks later (After first full week of January as currently done
* Played at 1 of the 2 Bowl sites not picked for the Semi-final games as currently fond

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,072
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic