Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Playoff City Location: Hope I Never Become "Half Empty"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Playoff City Location: Hope I Never Become "Half Empty"

Jan 2, 2020, 1:36 PM

I have seen a few posts here, the radio call in shows, and on twitter in the afterglow of our win in Glendale about the city of New Orleans. I also heard similar comments related to San Francisco and the Bay Area last year.

I even heard some minor grumblings about Glendale and the Phoenix area when we were "assigned" there for the 3rd time in 5 years last week.

And I think to myself...do some folks just enjoy living in a glass half empty???

I've had the honor (and languish) of following Clemson since my earliest memory in 1977. Enjoyed the bowl trips, road trips, and of course Death Valley. Seen many places and I have yet to have visited a place that I could not make a memorable trip (even College Park, MD!!!)

And there is not a city in the United States of America that currently hosts bowl games/playoff games that I would not want to experience. That included San Fran and that includes New Orleans.

When you travel, you have two choices. Go in un-educated based on the kinds of things you like to do and want to do. Or go in educated and create a trip itinerary that fits what you prefer/like.

To get on Tigernet and bash a city like New Orleans (or San Fran or Glendale) tells me that you either are lazy and don't appreciate a little research that can make your trip memorable, or a glass half empty kind of person. Or both.

My mom, who loves Clemson more than anything in this world, is stricken with Alzheimers an does not attend games any more or would even know what Clemson is anymore. And I languish at the idea that she did not get to see the Arizona desert (even one of the 3 times we went). Or San Francisco bridge. Or Garden District in NoLo.

I feel blessed to go, even as it bleeds my pockets dry! I also am more than happy to take my family to give them the cultural experiences of seeing different cities and cultures.

Bashing cities is being a simpleton.....IMO. Any trip is what you make of it. For example, I did things in Glendale this year (Dobbins Lookout and Piestewa Peak) which I had not done in previous 2 years. Neither costs me a penny and were found with simple google searches.

Currently researching things (other than Bourbon Street) to do in New Orleans. Not because I don't like or appreciate Bourbon Street, but because I want to get to know the city of New Orleans and its American history more than what is on a postcard.

The Internet is your friend, Mr. Glass Half Empty. Embrace the remarkable experience we are going through and if you can afford it....go make memories.

And stop being a debbie downer about a city for the folks that understand any trip is what you make of it.

sr

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Playoff City Location: Hope I Never Become "Half Empty"

Jan 2, 2020, 1:39 PM

^^^ This applies to more than just football travels ^^^ Always look on the bright side of life

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 1:41 PM

Very true.

HOF post. I’d love to go to Pasadena one day*****

Jan 2, 2020, 1:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciate your post, but you can certainly put me in

Jan 2, 2020, 1:47 PM

that category you call "half empty." As someone who travels extensively for work, I go to a lot of cities every year. I have been to the Bay Area more than just about any area of the country, including San Fransisco, Oakland, Berkeley, San Jose, Santa Clara, etc. I have been to football games in many of the stadiums around there and as much as I've tried to appreciate it, I just do not like that area. And it has gotten progressively worse over the last 10 years, especially SF.

New Orleans, I don't love the city but I enjoy going to games in the dome and I think the city itself does a great job hosting these types of events. PHX/Scottsdale/Glendale is awesome IMO.

But in my opinion, the Bay Area is both literally and figuratively a crapbox.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I appreciate your post, but you can certainly put me in

Jan 2, 2020, 1:48 PM

+1 for literally, because it's true.

but we did enjoy the trip there last year. thank goodness the rain stopped for the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I appreciate your post, but you can certainly put me in

Jan 3, 2020, 5:37 PM [ in reply to I appreciate your post, but you can certainly put me in ]

I traveled North America extensively plus a fair amount of international travel into Europe,Scandinavia, and Asia for quite a number of years and have also lived and worked outside the US. I've had the opportunity to go to a wide variety of cities, towns, and villages. Maybe since I've reached an age where my traveling is strictly by choice my attitude has changed somewhat but in retrospect, the good I saw, learned, and have experienced and the friends I've made far outweigh the bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN Scott and you're right even a trip to College Park.......

Jan 2, 2020, 1:53 PM

can be fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 1:56 PM

I've been to New Orleans 4 times. While I enjoy the food the most (alcohol a close 2nd), the history of the city is amazing. Make sure you take a carriage tour. You will learn things you never new about the city. Make sure you visit Jackson Square and the St. Louis Cathedral. Listen to some music and watch the street performers.
I wasn't planning to go, but this may have changed my mind. Have fun Tiger fans!!! And Go Clemson Tigers!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Wish I had time off and money to go

Jan 2, 2020, 2:08 PM

To whatever city we play in, crap on streets or not

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For those with half empty glasses....

Jan 2, 2020, 2:13 PM

half-empty

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jan 2, 2020, 2:21 PM

the World War II museum is worth a trip to NOLA all by itself.
There's great music every night on Frenchmen Street, not far from Bourbon.
Some of the best food you'l ever eat.
Try Felix's for oysters (some will say Acme, but the food is the same and Acme's lines are longer).
Breakfast at the Ruby Slipper.
Games of chance at Harrah's.
And, for a dish you'll never forget, Death by Gumbo at R'evolution.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doing the museum and can’t wait

Jan 2, 2020, 3:06 PM

I am an extensive reader of WWII and have been to Normandy, so I will enjoy the museum from what I have heard.

Not about glasses.. not about pessimism or optimism

Jan 2, 2020, 2:29 PM

You also get paid to be at clemson games and have nice little set ups.. ...so you are not the typical joe schmoe.

All I can do is speak for myself. I am optimistic about clemson winning in every sport.

There are geographical regions on this planet in which i have no desire to go to or take my family. Especially if I have to pay outrageous amounts of money to get there.

But I'm reasonable.

If you buy my family of 5 plane and game tickets , I'll go to every game clemson plays. I'll pick up the rental car, lodging, and food bill.

I am going to new orleans because it is drivable.. I'll make the most of it but ...I have no desire to be in NO.

Cant wait for teleportation devices.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

My post was NEVER about money

Jan 2, 2020, 3:16 PM

Not attending a game or city because of financial restraints or limitations is not only understandable, it is practical.

You turned the post into a financial delimma/decision and that was never my intent in the post. Anybody who posted “dang would love to go but can’t afford it” have nothing but my respect .

And yes, I work for 3 hours on game day and earn money for that work. As I assume you get paid for work you do in your profession.

What my pay per hour is in none of your business, but I firmly believe you would delete that reference in your post if you knew what that rate was.

I haven't seen 1 post say they weren't going

Jan 3, 2020, 9:04 AM

Because it was in NO.. they are all about the money.

I do see a lot of posts anot NO being a cesspool from people who have been there

I am going to the game..I have no desire to be in NO.. is that half empty or full

I despise onions...avoid them any chance I can. Is that optimistic or pessimistic?

I mentioned your connection with the footbal team to illustrate you have more reason to be there than the typical clemson fan.

I don't like going to Vegas but when my boss sends me there, I go.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Come on GeeVille Tiger

Jan 3, 2020, 10:00 AM

Don't play word games. We are all Clemson fans. I don't troll Social Media or Tigernet...and don't like to be trolled.

My original post clearly (CLEARLY) stated that taking an entire city and calling it out as a dump or whatever adjective I have seen used here and on Twitter about NoLo is being a simpleton.

I almost did not go to Santa Clara b/c of finances and even then did not bring my family with me. I have no more reason to be on location than you do. I could do my work from Clemson studio. I buy my tickets from IPTAY just like you do. NoLo will stretch us...but we are doing it. My post was never about money or finances....we all live with those restraints and decisions.

Clemson fans are not an optimist or pessimist for NOT going to a Clemson game for whatever reason you have....including not liking a a particular city for the variety of reasons that one would not like something (like onions).

That's totally different from calling an entire city with the history of New Orleans or San Francisco a dump (not that you said that...but many have and was the point of my post).

Go Tigers.

You saying you have no desire to be in NO was pretty

Jan 3, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Not about glasses.. not about pessimism or optimism ]

much exactly Scotts point.
If you are going down to be apart of the opportunity to win another Natty - enjoy every aspect!
Go Tigers! Bring it home!

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nicely said Scott

Jan 2, 2020, 2:38 PM

I am a way more than half full guy. I'm not trying to take too much credit for that outlook, but it simply seems realistic to me.

I've traveled a good bit, been in 49 states, seen tiny bits of 3 continents and mostly I've had fun just taking in new things.

New Orleans is a great city with rich history and it always seems that no matter how often I go back, I find something new, interesting and wonderful to do and see. If you're not a French Quarter Bourbon Street sort, don't go there.

I've spent a good bit of time working and visiting San Francisco and I've never had a bad trip. I first went there in the 70s on business. My last several trips in retirement over the past 5 years or so have been the best. As Scott said, do a little bit of looking and thinking and I promise you'll find much to see and do and learn within SFO or nearby.

My daughter and her husband recently lived four years in St. Louis. Everyone knows how bad people say St. Louis is. Turns out I find the city just gorgeous, full of history, full of parks, full of good people and for me and my family, perfectly safe. Route 66, Ted Drews, and the bridge where you can walk across the Mississippi and the best BLT in the world are all nice things not to miss in St. Louis.
Not to mention the Cards. Or Dred Scott, or Lewis and Clark or Jefferson Barracks. Other than the main color being RED, St. Louis on gameday and Clemson have a lot in common; everyone there is a fan!

My youngest lives in Baltimore. Yep, that Baltimore. It's a fun city with a ton of history, a beautiful harbor, near a lot of things to do and see, and full of unexpectedly good people. She lives downtown. If you haven't been to Baltimore, you should go.

Cleveland? Yep a great old city, sort of shrinking as fast as the South is growing with all sorts of urban problems but really worth your time. You know you can board a train underground in NYC and get off the train underground in Cleveland and walk upstairs to a nice Ritz Hotel? And the river that once burned is no longer on fire. I once stood outside a venue and listened to a Counting Crows concert for free on the flats.

You know I also go to rural and wilderness areas and I love them too. What's the old song say...."There is such a lot of world to see...."

It's all God's world. This movie is going to end well. Enjoy the show.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:44 PM

Great post. There is to much complaining in this world. Enjoy what life brings you and be thankful that your team
Is Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 9:49 PM

Boston and the BC game is a great trip. Great history. Great food. Knowledge BC fans who don't threand to harm you like LSU fans.

Likewise, Wake is an easy drive, easy ticket, easy parking, and post-TB, a win.
BBQ's not bad either.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree on Boston. I love the trips to the "old" ACC places

Jan 3, 2020, 7:03 AM

Chapel Hill was great this year. Charlottesville is always a great trip as well.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:44 PM

Great post. There is to much complaining in this world. Enjoy what life brings you and be thankful that your team
Is Clemson.

Amen! Wear orange and enjoy the ride - you are 6ft above ground rather than 6ft below it.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:58 PM

I’ve lived in 7 states and visited 44 states. We are blessed to live in this country. Explore it. Enjoy it. Wear orange and inevitability someone will come up to you and talk Clemson.

I currently live in Buffalo. People here love talking to me about Clemson. I’ve met a handful of other alumni. Hell, I’ve had Canadians come up to me to talk about Dabo, our program, how much they respect us.

There is an OSU fan and UGA fan on my street. I was running a few blocks away and I saw a UofSC flag....it’s a small world - don’t make your world smaller by being insular and close-minded.

My mom and all her family is from Louisiana. I am the only Clemson grad in the family (huge LSU following). NOLA is a fine city, one of the best I’ve ever visited.

I was in SF last year and loved it. Hiked, did some trout fishing, ran across the Golden Gate Bridge. Had some great beer.

If you have the means to go this year to NOLA definitely go.

If you have the means to go this year to NOLA and don’t want to go, pay for me to go and I will gladly represent Clemson Nation with pride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Jan 2, 2020, 3:02 PM

You specifically mention going to "different cities". This is my main argument (not that i bring it up or actually argue about it).

I simply don't/didn't want to pay to go to Glendale again. I honestly only travel and pay good money to do so when it involves Clemson. I would of probably went absolutely anywhere else except there and back to Santa Clara. I don't have a lot of money so traveling has to include a new destination for me. Not to mention airfare $ to PHX. If it's not under about $450 round trip for the days that I want, I simply don't consider it feasible.

Anyway, just wanted to throw another opinion out there. I of course will have a great time anywhere I go, but going back to PHX so soon... not this time.

Totally understand finance as a reason

Jan 2, 2020, 3:57 PM

Not attending a game or city because of financial restraints or limitations is not only understandable, it is practical.

Concerns I was focusing on were not about the financial practicality, but more so about the cities themselves.

Jan 2, 2020, 3:28 PM

One of my favorite things to do in New Orleans is to go to Pat O'Briens and listen to the honky-tonk pianos... and, of course, drink a couple of Hurricanes! Slip the piano players a tip and ask them to play/sing, "Up Against the Wall You Redneck Mothers (Jerry Jeff Walker)." Then, just walk across the alley to Preservation Hall for a change of pace. It doesn't get any better than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really expect people who complain

Jan 2, 2020, 3:49 PM

about any city larger than Clemson being too big, any locale outside of the south being inferior, any trip being too expensive, any game date/time being too inconvenient, any opponent being overrated, and any opponent’s fans being awful, to appreciate something like this?

Because I don’t.

I agree with your post 100%, and admire your attempt to help people put things into perspective, but unfortunately most people just like to whine and complain.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 2, 2020, 4:10 PM

During part of my working days our business office was in NO so I had occasion to visit NO many times. Haven't been back in years but I found the city delightful. Felix' was one of my favorite places. When we played Tulane there in 1980, I suggested several Tiger fans to try Felix. Everyone gave them a high mark after visiting. Don't remember the name but there was an excellent restaurant on the lake north of the city --- crabs was their specialty.

I've had the opportunity to travel over much of this world and I've seen the good and the bad but the good has always outweighed the bad. Our attitude has a huge bearing on whether or not we enjoy visiting a place different from our home town.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the tip on Felix's....will take a look into it!

Jan 2, 2020, 4:18 PM

nm

You need to try “Commanders Palace” just once ...

Jan 3, 2020, 12:44 AM

????????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the recommendation***

Jan 3, 2020, 7:06 AM

Clemson has seen a boatload of CFP sites

Jan 7, 2018, 1:40 PM

Over the 6 years of the CFP, Clemson has visited 6 of the 8 sites that have hosted games. The only two we haven't been to are Pasadena and, interestingly, Atlanta.

We've been to New Orleans, Miami, Dallas, Phoenix, Tampa, and Santa Clara.

What a great opportunity Clemson fans have had to follow this team! Can't wait for the Big Easy - with a better result this time!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cities I don’t like (not a complete list):

Jan 2, 2020, 6:33 PM

Columbia
Fayetteville
Myrtle Beach
Baltimore
Hartsville
Frostproof, Fl

If there is a bowl in any of these cities I will complain loudly if we go to it.

Also Minneapolis.

Jan 2, 2020, 6:33 PM

Columbia
Fayetteville
Myrtle Beach
Baltimore
Hartsville
Frostproof, Fl

If there is a bowl in any of these cities I will complain loudly if we go to it.

Also Minneapolis.

Jan 2, 2020, 6:34 PM

Columbia
Fayetteville
Myrtle Beach
Baltimore
Hartsville
Frostproof, Fl

Also Minneapolis.

my 5th grade teacher helped me in this way,

Jan 2, 2020, 10:49 PM

funny I should remember it and be able to pass it along -

desert has one 's' because you'd only want to go there once

dessert has two 's' 's since you'd want two of those

Jan 2, 2020, 11:10 PM

I went to Mardi Gras a long, long time ago. I went with my ex wife a long time ago. And I went to the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago. Hopefully, the weather will be better than 2 years ago so you can wander around a little. I remember the street performers being amazing my first couple of visits. I was just in town for the day for the Sugar Bowl and had no desire to walk around in the cold that day.

The weather 2 years ago was brutally cold and windy

Jan 3, 2020, 7:07 AM

Surely, it can't be that bad this year!

Jan 2, 2020, 11:26 PM

You are right. Mark Twain said the best antidote for prejudice was to travel. If you are willing to get over your preconceived notions of what a city is about and exprience the city you will come out much the better for it, and understand the world more. That is at least as true for foriegn countries as well. Sure, every city has its seedy side, but it is not like country places don't. On Bourbon Street , because of where it is and what it does and its high humidity, you may smell urine. Have you been in Charleston on King Street in the summer? You'll smell horse and human urine as well as puke. Does anyone seriously think that is all New Orleans is about? If that is all you can see, you'll miss beignets, chicoried coffee, museums, great street entertainers, Two Sisters, if you can get in, and a ton of other great restaurants. All the great cities have as many attractions. If you want to avoid them because of what you perceive their politics are or because the have their dirty side, you are missing out. Looking forward to my first Champ game-have not been to one before. My third trip to NO. I don't care if it is an LSU home game. If we are really champions, as I think we are, we'll be fine, and if they want you beat us, they'll have to do it on the field. How many times have we been favored in the playoffs? How have we done? There's that.

Love it! And to answer your question....we have not yet

Jan 3, 2020, 7:09 AM

been favored in a National Championship game and we have only been favored in 2 of the playoff games we have played in (Notre Dame last year and Ohio State this year).

We have heard this song before...and we will be ready!

Jan 3, 2020, 6:52 AM

Great post.

The only people I can see being disappointed in New Orleans as a host city are people who want to take kids to the game. New Orleans is not for kids.

But in this age of homogenized American cities, New Orleans stands out as still completely different. The culture and vibe are unlike anything else in the USA. Food, drink, music, architecture, history, gambling, fishing, art, voodoo---if you're bored in New Orleans it is your own fault.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Been a while since I had "little" kids...but we are

Jan 3, 2020, 7:13 AM

taking our two daughters (one is not 21 yet and the other is). So, we have had to plan around that. We are finding plenty to do that have 0% to do with alcohol or being 21 to get in to places.

As for little kids...as best as I can remember those good old days, it was hard to find things for them no matter what city we did unless it was Orlando and we could do Disney.

But your point about New Orleans is a good one. The things that make the city special (music, food, party, etc.) are not as kid friendly as going to Glendale or Dallas, etc.

Jan 3, 2020, 7:01 AM

Agree mostly. However if you’ve been somewhere previously and literally had the feeling you cheated death and dismemberment when you were out. You probably shouldn’t be shamed for not being excited to return.

It is one thing to have a bad experience in a city and

Jan 3, 2020, 7:16 AM

not want to return. Or visiting a city and it not being your "cup of tea".

It's another thing to get on social media and totally blast an entire city based on any specific incident you had. That was the point of my post.

I have been to plenty of places in the USA and abroad that I don't care to return to for a variety of reasons. That does not, however, make those places "a dump" just because they are not a favorite of mine.

Re: It is one thing to have a bad experience in a city and

Jan 3, 2020, 8:47 AM

Again, I agree with your argument. But as it relates to New Orleans their culture and politics allows or even fosters the kind of crap I encountered, so I’m fine with it getting trashed in general.

I agree Mr Rhymer

Jan 3, 2020, 10:42 AM

There is a lot of great things to see in this country we are privileged to live in and, if you look closely, you will likely find something that you like a lot. With the possible exception of Columbia of course.i look forward to trips to Boston and Louisville and a number of other places we go on a regular basis. Most, not all, fans of our opponents are nice folks as well. Being a Tiger supporter for more than sixty years has allowed me to enjoy a lot of things that many will never experience. Go Tigers. I’ll follow you anywhere,

The empty half of the glass...

Jan 3, 2020, 5:19 PM

It's a home game for LSU. And they got a four hour head start on buying sure-fire tickets because their game was played before ours.

I don't know how that works. Do you get an option after buying the semifinal tickets?

The full half...

The venue is awesome other than that. What a fun city to go play for a national championship! It's a whole lot closer than Arizona or California.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is nice to be able to drive***

Jan 4, 2020, 9:02 AM

Jan 4, 2020, 9:15 AM

While I’m not a big fan of New Orleans, taking the glass half full approach, I can say it has THE BEST World War II museum in the world. It’s huge and very well done. You could spend the entire day there and not see everything. If drinking on bourbon street is not your thing, check it out. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes...I am looking forward to WWII Museum.***

Jan 4, 2020, 10:22 AM

Jan 4, 2020, 10:57 AM

We used to break fax machines to go to crappy bowl games. If you told any reasonable Clemson fan in 1995-2010 that we were playing in the NCG in Baghdad or Mogadishu, they do probably crawl, swim and hitchhike to get there. It's the human condition for some people to complain, and that's sad. I couldn't go to CA bc of logistics but I deeply regret it.

Peoples' preconceived notions of US cities are almost always wrong, and based on geographical or political biases. I grew up in the Baltimore suburbs, and there's a reason I dont live there anymore... but Baltimore is a TON of fun for a trip. People go to NOLA and see Bourbon st and the mysterious goo that's always in the street and smell the smell, and thunk that's the city. Ditto places like Buffalo, Cleveland, the desert, San Fran, which have all been referenced here.

If you want to live in a small, myopic, homogeneous country, you picked the wrong one, bc the US is huge, diverse, and special. That we get to experience all corners of the country via Clemson FB is a huge blessing.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic