Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Player development with Conn and Hall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,553

Player development with Conn and Hall

Jan 3, 2021, 2:50 PM

I’m genuinely concerned with the player development from defensive ends and safeties from Hall and Conn. For example, I expected Mascoll, Henry and XT to make huge strides after year 3 in the program. Granted XT gets a slight pass due to injuries. Mascoll not being able to set a hard edge in year three is inexcusable. As for our safeties, they looked out of position all season long. It also was the poorest tackling safety group we’ve had in years. I know those two guys are Dabo’s college buddies, but they must do a better job with their position groups next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Player development with Conn and Hall

Jan 3, 2021, 3:08 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. Gotta add Bates to the list.

Yep! The recent hiring of friends are not producing results.***

Jan 3, 2021, 3:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep! The recent hiring of friends are not producing results.***

Jan 3, 2021, 3:48 PM

Reckon it all depends on what you mean by results. 14-1 and 10-2 adds up to 24-3 over the last two years. That sounds like a pretty good result to me. Just two weeks ago, Clemson pounded the Irish. Then we got pounded by the Buckeyes. At this level, when it comes down to the last few games, all of the teams are tremendous and anything can, and usually does happen. Just ask Tua Tongaviolet about what happened to the "Greatest Team Ever" two years ago.

Jan 3, 2021, 3:56 PM

Dude if you think Mascoll and Henry have gotten better then you need to re-evaluate. Want to see if Bersee and Murphy get stronger and improved technique.

Jan 3, 2021, 4:22 PM

Not every player is going to become Wilkins, or Ferrell, or Lawrence, or Bryant. That was one of the greatest D-lines of all time. The current players haven't necessarily regressed. They just ain't as good a their predecessors. And even in saying this, they ain't bad.

Jan 3, 2021, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep! The recent hiring of friends are not producing results.*** ]

One more point. Were Mascoll and Henry starters in their freshmen years? Don't think so. While Bresee and Henry started many games this season. So, the two we have starting now are already ahead of where the other two were when they began as second/third stringers.

Jan 3, 2021, 4:30 PM

Bresee and Murphy, of course.

Very true! Playoffs wins and nattys are high bars indeed...

Jan 3, 2021, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep! The recent hiring of friends are not producing results.*** ]

so you may be right! May be saying not producing results is a bit harsh...

Hopefully, we still develop our 4-5 star DE and DTs into high draft picks. Brooks and Hobby were phenomenal in that area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,553
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic