Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To me, the season is over
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

To me, the season is over

Oct 20, 2013, 7:45 AM

I hate to say it but to me it is over. This was the key game. And we failed miserably. Now we can't win a national championship, we can't win the conference or even the division. What's left? We will win at least most if the rest by default and goto a decent bowl but that's it. To me that's a disappointment after such lofty and grand ambitions. There is only some respect to keep playing for. So yeah, it's over. Maybe next year will be different. But I doubt it. All I know is, I'm pulling for everyone against fsu. I enjoyed being ranked third for a while but now, it's back to average at least for a while. It looks to me like the program has made good strides but the mentality still has not really changed, at least not enough.

After the recent games I'm not so impressed with our offense. Looks like fsu hired the million dollar coordinators. We have good ones but last night we sure were out coached and out played.

I guess the worst part was how we lost. I mean we didn't fall shirt, we looked stupid. And on a grand stage too. That's gonna hurt for a long time. Dabo is certainly no Danny ford. He is a decent guy and coach but Danny ford was a legend.

So yeah, it's over. From here in iut it's just like playing for fun so I expect with no pressure we will play decent. But it's over. One things for sure, this time when coach Morris is interviewing, I won't give a crap. Cause for a million dollars you'd like to at least not get embarrassed. Same for venables.

Times like these remind us it's just a game and it's really bit worth stressing over. Looks like " clemsoning" will still live in the minds of many for now.

Oh well, let's hope coach brownell can at least do better than 14 th and I'll be tickled. No pressure there for sure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly..

Oct 20, 2013, 7:51 AM

you play to win championships be it conference or national.the rest of these games to me are just games.sure i hope we win them.but the only game i really care about now is beating the coots.but the way our offense and defense has folded against them ther past 4 years im not expecting a win

It's a waste no doubt

Oct 20, 2013, 7:52 AM

Don't lose respect for the players ...they never had a chance...the Coaches and their preparation was below pathetic...inexcusable in the real world

Re: To me, the season is over

Oct 20, 2013, 7:52 AM

Then get off this board if you think the season is over!

These are kids playing a game and you just wrote a suicide note about your life, come on man!

And stop comparing Dabo and Danny Ford. Come on. Danny Ford was a good coach, but remember he put this school on probation to achieve some of his success. Looking back, if you want to point fingers, what Ford did had a huge impact on the direction of this program.

Stop living in the past Marty McFly!

Oct 20, 2013, 7:55 AM

If you're blaming the last 25 + years of #### poor coaching and mediocre teams on Danny Ford you are one sick puppy..please find another team to excuse for ..

Oct 20, 2013, 8:00 AM

Brother, Danny Ford put this school in the dark ages for several years after he left. Bad coaching and no recruits, I know you are an Old Timer, but you are blocking out the rough times we went through after Ford.

Hear is the great part of being a fan, you can stop at anytime. This board, team, and Clemson Nation is better off without Old Timers like you on this board posting about the Good Ol' Days non stop!

"Well, if John Heisman was our coach and Banks McFadden was on the team we would cruise through the ACC"

Oct 20, 2013, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: To me, the season is over ]

I agree with you Planck, these are a bunch of kids playing this game not paid professionals. If Steele was still there the score would have been double what it was last night. My blood still runneth orange - GO TIGERS!

Planck16

Oct 20, 2013, 7:57 AM

You are an idiot. The season is over dude. It's a fact. Go get a clue. Lol we all know it cept the people out there like you who still think we can win it all or something. Lol if you don't like my opinion, who cares.

Re: Planck16

Oct 20, 2013, 8:04 AM

Brother, you were living in a fantasy world thinking we had a chance in the first place. I knew we were going to lose 1 or 2 games this year.

This is a page for fans, so take your "sky is falling attitude" and get lost.

A loss is a loss. Should we stop playing football now that the game was lost? Cancel games like Grambling?

Get over yourself. Losing is a part of growing up and apparently you are still a child.

Boo Frickety Hoo...Man Up..We Lost to a better team.

Oct 20, 2013, 7:59 AM

Deal with it... There is no shame in losing to a superior team and FSU was that team.

In case you are not up to date on your current event, "great" programs around the nation are getting whipped by inferior teams.

Lighten up...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Oh that is just white washing what happened. Turnovers is

Oct 20, 2013, 8:13 AM

what killed us

Oct 20, 2013, 8:00 AM

What's left is a potential 1 loss team, a win over SC and a potential BCS at large bid. If we do all that and lets say beat a team like Bama, Oregon, Ohio State, etc. in a BCS game then this season is a win for Clemson hands down.

We are not going to do that unless what happened last night

Oct 20, 2013, 8:15 AM

is corrected. Not only last night but the previous games against inferior teams where we struggled to win

The people who say the season is over

Oct 20, 2013, 8:02 AM

Shouldn't say a word about getting crushed last night. You are giving up on the season and that is just as bad as the players giving up on the game last night.

null

I agree! The Goal to me is the NC. This team had a

Oct 20, 2013, 8:07 AM

great shot at doing just that. Just beat themselves really, really bad.
Some fans just like the party and beating the Coots. That is fine for them. Some of us want to be NCs again

Re: I agree! The Goal to me is the NC. This team had a

Oct 20, 2013, 8:13 AM

We wouldn't have won a NC if we won last night.

We would have to beat USuCk at home, win the ACCG, jump Oregon in the rankings! And then beat a dominant Alabama team.

You would have probably been in the same mood after the Alabama game like you are today.

You were delusional from the start! Yeah, I want a NC, but you need to catch lighting in a bottle.

We weren't just outcoached on play calling,

Oct 20, 2013, 8:09 AM

we were outcoached in all aspects. That FSU team was polished, prepared, and well trained at executing. They have been on a mostly steady upward climb this season.

We have been erratic and played below our talent level a number of times. That is on the coaches for not correcting it. And it finally caught up to us in the worst possible way. We caught a team with some (not a lot) better talent that progressed to the top of their game while we are still trying to just get consistent.

I still see this a "pulling a Clemson" of sorts simply because we played so below our capability. Just as we did in all the years past when it resulted in losing in a bad way to an underdog. The problems are the same on our side. We are just lucky (?) it hasn't caused us to loose in the TRUE "Clemsoning" fashion. At least not yet.

Re: We weren't just outcoached on play calling,

Oct 20, 2013, 8:33 AM

To me our some of our players looked nervous and #10 was not poised and not prepared at all. There has been to much hype about our young team. We lost to a #5 team not a nobody team. I am disappointed but I won't give up on these kids.

So unless you are about 40 and can actually remember

Oct 20, 2013, 8:26 AM

1981, we've never had a good season

Re: So unless you are about 40 and can actually remember

Oct 20, 2013, 8:35 AM

I am 51 and saw all of those games except 1, even went to Tulane, this team IS GOOD. In the "good ole" days you did not have all the hype that goes along with the game now. I wish the media would just shut up and let these kids play the game.

All I read was the title, not going to waste my

Oct 20, 2013, 8:32 AM

time reading the rest. Just want to say if it's over then get lost and fine another team to support.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All I read was the title, not going to waste my

Oct 20, 2013, 8:36 AM

Amen! Go be a coot, talk about disappointment

Re: All I read was the title, not going to waste my

Oct 20, 2013, 8:47 AM

We have a shot at the Rose Bowl if we win out. There is a very good chance an at large team gets a bid in that game since the B1G/Pac champ will probably play for the NC.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic