Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitty FULL excuse for a flagship station
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Pitty FULL excuse for a flagship station

Jan 2, 2017, 6:52 AM

It's one thing to have C Level hosts that talk more about Basketball than they do sports that matter, it's completely unacceptable that the station is not on the Air the Monday Morning after the team qualifies for the Playoff. After their failed attempts with Roy being out and his replacement not hanging around during football season, it's time for fans to demand better.Clemson is now an ELITE program ,time to upgrade our Flagship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what would be the point? today is a holiday.

Jan 2, 2017, 6:59 AM

do you really want to spend the day listening to Devlin call into every single freakin' show to talk through his mouth full of marbles? WCCP needs to go back to what they once were--a superb alternative classic rock station that broadcasts sporting events live.

Re: what would be the point? today is a holiday.

Jan 2, 2017, 8:56 AM

I bet Delvin is bout to go crazy not being able to call in.

I thought it was just the foul air here in columbia

Jan 2, 2017, 7:01 AM

Been waiting to listen this morning and all I've got is crickets. Grrrrrrrrt!

Re: Pitty FULL excuse for a flagship station

Jan 2, 2017, 7:53 AM

I agree, very disappointed to have to listen to CBS NFL talk this morning A WEEK before the Natty. I could understand if we were 6-7.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2017, 8:43 AM

We need a fill in for Roy when he has to call games. The station is off air more than it is on the air. People will eventually turn if off completely. I bet we are the only team that plays for a second straight national championship that puts our flagship station as second rate. Clemson football deserves better that WCCP. Seems like they are off air alot nowdays. We know Ben and Roy have other commitments other than the radio station. Yes I know today is a holiday but they are off air way too much for a flagship station.

Go tigers!

Scott Cole came in for a while,but thenm he disappeared

Jan 2, 2017, 8:51 AM

with no explanation.

Jan 2, 2017, 8:40 AM

Does your job allow you to be off on holidays? If so, do you still do your job so that they won't have the displeasure of you not working during your day off? Would you work even if your company had just reached a milestone of unequaled importance in their history?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Is ESPN off air today ?

Jan 2, 2017, 8:41 AM

Re: Is ESPN off air today ?

Jan 2, 2017, 8:45 AM

Everyone knows today is a holiday my friend.

Is ESPN off air today ?

Jan 2, 2017, 8:49 AM

Again,is ESPN off the air today ? H3ll no,so the flagship station of the team in the playoff should not be. Like I said ,this inept company couldn't even fill air time during football season when Roy was out of town.

Jan 2, 2017, 8:55 AM

Truly wish Roy would stay out of town,hate all his little cliche's.

Jan 2, 2017, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Is ESPN off air today ? ]

Agree fully. One of the best days to celebrate and look ahead and no outlet to do it. So today I am boycotting the station and I have let them know it already. I wont order any Harrys or Urban Nirvana today either. Even just let Kelli have a show of her own today for crying out loud!

Jan 2, 2017, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Is ESPN off air today ? ]

Agree, today of all days one of the best to celebrate and look ahead and no outlet to do it. I am boycotting the station today and not buying Harrys or Urban Nirvana either.

Jan 2, 2017, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Pitty FULL excuse for a flagship station ]

I'm working today.

And you are telling me there aren't some "interns" or someone they can throw on there to at least talk some Clemson Football?!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats! I have given you my first thumbs down of the year!!

Jan 2, 2017, 8:57 AM

Please reciprocate

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats! I have given you my first thumbs down of the year!!

Jan 2, 2017, 9:04 AM

Obviously WCCP doesn't have our Clemson football on air as a top priority except on Gameday.

It's your right.***

Jan 2, 2017, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Congrats! I have given you my first thumbs down of the year!! ]

I don't think flagship means what you think it does

Jan 2, 2017, 9:11 AM

They are the flagship station of Clemson sports broadcast.Meaning when Clemson athletic events take place thats where you go to listen. When none are in progress they can broadcast anything they want from polka to news to dead air. Want a different product, boycott station and advertisers and let theme know why

agree - WCCP is media; media doesn't skip holidays

Jan 2, 2017, 11:00 AM

does a newspaper writer or TV station not cover games if they fall on holidays? Why is Herbstreit, Corso and gang on today, it's a holiday!!

This morning, Brian Jones was on the air hosting his CBS radio show - he said he wouldn't miss today for the world, because this time of year is what it's all about.

I listened to XM radio a bit this morning - ALL the regular hosts were on the air. A caller thanked Greg McElroy for being on-air today and he said same thing Brian Jones did - he wouldn't dare miss doing a show today. And he did the Ga Tech-Ky brodacst 2 days ago.

Even Rick Neuheisel is doing his show today, excited as he can be to talk college football.

Clemson football is in an historically significant time -- as we are told, this doesn't happen very often in our lives, so we fans should savor it and appreciate it. Yet the Clemson network station and its hosts do not. Other than Deptula - I would bet he would do a show if he was allowed today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agree - WCCP is media; media doesn't skip holidays

Jan 2, 2017, 11:04 AM

Qualk su cks enough said

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they are indeed getting pretty relaxed

Jan 2, 2017, 11:17 AM

They took several days off during the Christmas break. Especially Roy

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive