Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good grief it’s hard to watch this team hit.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Good grief it’s hard to watch this team hit.

Feb 23, 2020, 1:11 PM

It could be a long year boys and girls.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's it, let's start the griping early. then after we

Feb 23, 2020, 1:15 PM

lose a few games the, "fire Monty" chant can start early and often.

Re: that's it, let's start the griping early. then after we

Feb 23, 2020, 1:20 PM

I’m certainly not going to say fire Monte, but do you think we are hitting well?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 1:23 PM

Baseball 101: Pitchers have the advantage early in the season, hitters come on strong as the season progresses.

Feb 23, 2020, 1:37 PM

I have no stake in this argument but you’re wrong. Again, not saying we can or can’t hit yet but some other teams haven’t had this problem. Elijah Henderson has not had this problem. This gets said every year and it’s just false. The numbers across the country in baseball prove it.

Feb 23, 2020, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: that's it, let's start the griping early. then after we ]

Bingo. We have a .70 ERA. Let’s have some patience with the bats. This board is so negative of late.

Feb 23, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: that's it, let's start the griping early. then after we ]

Extremely tough. Just hoping it's early season jitters. Some guys (Henderson, Meredith, Hackenberg) are hitting for average, but if Teo, Majkowski, and Hall in particular (or someone else) don't start helping out...it won't do a lick of good.

Feb 23, 2020, 1:39 PM

The fact that Hall was in the 7 spot to start the year and not in the top 2 of the lineup was concerning. It’s like he had a mediocre offseason. Or Henderson and Meredith are just that much better and after them you need power bats which leaves Hall where he was. Idk

no, I don't, but I'm not about to predict doom and gloom

Feb 23, 2020, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: that's it, let's start the griping early. then after we ]

in the first couple weeks of the season.

Pitching is usually ahead of hitting this time of year...

Feb 23, 2020, 1:22 PM

But yea we don’t look great at the plate. Just don’t seem to barrel up man balls and one thing that is frustrating is this seems to be a more “small ball” team but when we get guys on second we don’t bunt em over. Yesterday I believe hack came up with a guy on second with 0 outs and didn’t bunt him... I get it if he’s swinging the bat well but he’s def not right now. Hopefully they heat up before next weekend

Re: Pitching is usually ahead of hitting this time of year...

Feb 23, 2020, 1:27 PM

We do have some new faces in the lineup as well that will settle in as the season moves on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitching is usually ahead of hitting this time of year...

Feb 23, 2020, 1:40 PM

This is the best reason. Lots of new faces. Winning will help though. Knowing you have pitchers that can shutout a whole weekend is a good feeling to have. Should relax us at the plate. I see lots of good swings.

Pitching is usually ahead of hitting this time of year...

Feb 23, 2020, 1:22 PM

But yea we don’t look great at the plate. Just don’t seem to barrel up man balls and one thing that is frustrating is this seems to be a more “small ball” team but when we get guys on second we don’t bunt em over. Yesterday I believe hack came up with a guy on second with 0 outs and didn’t bunt him... I get it if he’s swinging the bat well but he’s def not right now. Hopefully they heat up before next weekend

What do you mean? It's very easy

Feb 23, 2020, 1:28 PM

'cause they don't.

Re: Good grief it’s hard to watch this team hit.

Feb 23, 2020, 1:30 PM

I am happy the Tigers are winning and finding ways to do it period and that the Pitching Staff continues holding things down until the Offense finds its' groove.Until the Pitching staff gets away from what they have been doing these first 6 games and if that happens and the bats still haven't come alive then that is when I will begin to wonder a good bit what is going on.

Feb 23, 2020, 1:32 PM

Pitching is ahead of the hitting this time of year--just concerned that we have not hit many balls on the nose or out of the infield

Feb 23, 2020, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Good grief it’s hard to watch this team hit. ]

Would not surprise me at all if the bats and the run scoring both come alive during next weekends coot series.

Feb 23, 2020, 2:00 PM

I would not be surprised if they get swept in humiliating fashion against the coots. Monte lee should be embarrassed with this teams hitting. It’s pathetic

Feb 23, 2020, 5:19 PM

I don’t know what your opinion was the last few years on the teams hitting but I don’t understand the overreaction to a whole bunch of new faces and young players struggles. In recent years people seemed more OK with our hitting even though we had better hitters and more veterans. The team started 1 junior 5 sophomores and 3 freshmen today. If there was ever a team that deserves a break and some time it is this team

Feb 23, 2020, 6:28 PM

Teo is a junior and hasn’t improved. Sam Hall is lost at the plate. Fairey, majkawski and Hawkins all have plenty of at bats and none have a single hit yet. 21 runs through 7 games. It’s shocking how bad the hitting is

Feb 23, 2020, 6:41 PM

It’s hard to argue that

Feb 24, 2020, 8:46 AM

There was more scoring at a convent this weekend then there was at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.

Haven't read this whole thread but good gosh almighty.

Feb 24, 2020, 8:58 AM

Anyone who knows anything about baseball knows hitting warms up as the weather warms up. And the pitching has been outstanding so far. Monte has already said they won't be living off the homerun this year. It's going to be a lot of 'ABC' baseball...get em on, get em over, get em in with steals, singles, bunts, whatever.

Everybody expected Beer to go yard every time he stepped to the plate and the pitching and defense was a lot of lame. Pitching and defense wins championships. The hitting will get better.

Re: Haven't read this whole thread but good gosh almighty.

Feb 24, 2020, 12:12 PM

The last 2 years the same was said and in warm weather the bats were still cold. We hit .266 as a team last year and .261 the year before that. Also Beers last 2 years the pitching staffs era was .365 and .359. Our rotation beers last year was Crawford, higgy, and hennessey. The pitching coach got as much out of them as he could have

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic