Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Piggybacking off of Beef's Post
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 396

Piggybacking off of Beef's Post

Jan 10, 2017, 8:53 AM

I didn't go to Clemson. Didn't attend one class. Turning down Clemson was one of the hardest decisions I had made up to that point in my life, but 18 year old me didn't want to go into debt to chase a dream. All through undergrad my friends didn't quite understand why I favored Clemson over State. I lost a few friends over that my sophomore year when Clemson beat NC State at Carter Finley.

I've been to Clemson home games, away games, ACC Championships and a National Championship. I've seen Clemson lose by 30 to Georgia in what seemed like temperatures akin to hell, lose to Duke in Durham and get obliterated by WVU in Miami. I've seen Clemson win an ACC title in freezing temps, beat Notre Dame in a hurricane and I was in Clemson with my dad when he got to see his alma mater, FAU, play football for the first time in his life.

I've been through losses to Wake Forest, losing seasons, fired coaches, hired coaches and even seen a boxing match in Death Valley. I've been following Clemson closely since 2003. NC State is the school that awarded me my engineering degree that I can provide for myself and Red, where I met Red and Raleigh is my home. But Clemson University, that city and that region of South Carolina is closer to my heart than the school that awarded me my degree will be.

Those of you that grew up Clemson fans know how lucky you are to be a Clemson fan or alumni. But from the outside looking in, you all don't realize just how amazing Clemson is, even without the athletics. The culture of Clemson is world class and I prefer a gameday in Clemson to almost anything else I could be doing on a Saturday. I've seen Bowman in rain, snow and shine and covered in floats, trailers and sun bathing goddesses.

I am so, so proud to be a fan. People can use the, "you didn't even go there" line with me all they want, but my love for everything Clemson will never waiver. I am so jealous of every one of you that have attended the school and I am so happy for each and every single one of you that get to celebrate this a little more than I will every be able to.

I will admit that I cried a little during Boulware's speech last night. That guy gets it. The entire team gets it. They aren't really just a team. Clemson fans, students, alums, athletes and everyone associated with Clemson is truly and honestly a family. I can see a person with a Paw on them anywhere and know they will always want to talk.

/csb. Really dadgum happy for Clemson and each and every single one of you degenerates on here that I have either met, or hope to meet in some drunken debauchery in the coming years.

GO ALL TIGERS

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Well said! ******

Jan 10, 2017, 8:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet you didn't come over despite my invitation.***

Jan 10, 2017, 9:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Sub NC state with GT

Jan 10, 2017, 11:09 AM

And I'm right there with you. Very well said and it hit close to home.

When told to stay in state and get my degree from Tech, Grandad told me he had no problems with me wearing orange on Saturdays. Hell I even played football for Tech and still and always will wear orange on Saturdays. Hopefully I can get a grad degree there for ##### and gigs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Piggybacking off of Beef's Post

Jan 10, 2017, 11:10 AM

Nice post and I second everything you say. Nice job!

I was not smart enough and the out of state kept me from going there. I am just glad that my farm hand dad had enough talent to play football at Clemson and raise me in the right way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 396
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic