Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A clash of cultures in the Bay area
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

A clash of cultures in the Bay area

Jan 5, 2019, 9:26 PM

Alabama vs. Clemson matchup in championship game is also a clash of cultures in Bay Area

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/01/05/college-football-alabama-clemson-matchup-also-clash-cultures/2472028002/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A clash of cultures in the Bay area

Jan 5, 2019, 9:40 PM

It's a little disappointing to see our University and our state cast in that light by one dinky little post on tigernet. I may add that said post's tone was rebutted by many that followed it. Wish the article made mention of that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if the humorless left leaning usa today

Jan 5, 2019, 9:45 PM

cant understand someone being humorous then o well.

Jan 5, 2019, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: A clash of cultures in the Bay area ]

The majority of Tiger fans, including me, don't like Nancy. I am sure the majority of Alabama fans don't like her either. Trump Won S.C. If that makes the left coast liberals mad, I am glad.

i mean if "i dont care if its in NK'

Jan 5, 2019, 9:48 PM

didnt tell the moron writing the article it was meant to be funny then o well..the left fears humor these days though

Jan 5, 2019, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: A clash of cultures in the Bay area ]

I am 100% behind the tone of that post. Also generally against anything USAToday writes. How lazy are they that Tigernet posting is now news? A bot could write these stories. No wonder "journalism" is now just propaganda for hire to the highest bidder.

That was actually one of the more positive posts

Jan 5, 2019, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: A clash of cultures in the Bay area ]

So they are admitting to raising a beta male culture

Jan 5, 2019, 10:11 PM

Interesting

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol

Jan 5, 2019, 10:13 PM

I am pretty sure the North Korea quote was from Tnet this past week. Can't remember who though.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 10:14 PM

Tiger Contractor

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/People-complaining-about-San-Fran-homeless-and-liberal-1870425

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 10:47 PM

Imagine that, a reporter only uses part of a post to make a story. I worked and lived in California a couple times when I was consulting/contracting. It ain't South Carolina where I was born and raised!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 10:32 PM

This is exactly why I was glad the cost put this trip out of my ability to attend. I would have carried guilt the rest of my days for injecting any money into the economy of a population that spews this kind of divisive rubbish.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phantom TD w/ no teply. Very courageous.

Jan 7, 2019, 12:21 PM

Nice TD wihout a reply. I guess I should shouldn't be surprised.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This article is an example of the biggest problem we have in

Jan 5, 2019, 11:11 PM

the USA today.... Some a$$hole is always looking to stir up the pot by injecting politics into every nook and cranny of our society. Should have guessed some major media outlet would try to boil the College Football National Championship down to what they view as brain dead red state automatons just doing what their parents tell them because blue state kids are too smart/independent minded to play football:

"There have been some good studies on this, and some show that (President) Trump voters value obedience very highly – often highest – in their children. Whereas (Democrat) Hillary (Clinton) voters often wanted their children to become independent, creative, etc. Apply this to football parents and fans, throw in the military tradition in football, and the controversy over concussions, and you get some explanation why football thrives in red states and declines in blue ones."

So how does this blockhead reconcile the fact that 80% (or more) of the rosters of both Clemson and Alabama are African American and if we are to believe the averages on the African American vote - 95% of them and their parents are blue (i.e. Democratic) supporters? Doesn't exactly fit the red state norm or argument that is being put forth. What utter monkey tripe that passes for "studies" and journalism these days...

For the love of God, can we just leave the politics out of this and just enjoy a sporting event for the entertainment value of which it is intended?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic