Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Petition now out there to change
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Petition now out there to change

Jun 19, 2020, 12:40 PM

The name of Strom Thurmond High School. STI probably up next.

This just in: “ Good. That name needs to be off all buildings and statues”.

Sincerely

Wade Hampton High School

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then just how long do you think the name Wade Hampton......

Jun 19, 2020, 1:15 PM

has to go before the school gets renamed???????? It'll be next on the chopping block.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then just how long do you think the name Wade Hampton......

Jun 19, 2020, 3:27 PM

Sarcasm.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then just how long do you think the name Wade Hampton......

Jun 19, 2020, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Then just how long do you think the name Wade Hampton...... ]

Also Wade Hampton Blvd. in Greenville/Taylors SC. places
that are dear to my heart.When they get started they will
rename everything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wade Hampton was a traitor to the British Crown. The only

Jun 19, 2020, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Then just how long do you think the name Wade Hampton...... ]

reason that is not how he is remembered in the history books is we (USofA) won.

Wade Hampton III was a Confederate Lieutenent General, and one of the largest slaveholders in the southeast prior to the Civil War.

Pretty much any Caucasian who had ancestors in the South in the Civil War is doomed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Petition now out there to change

Jun 19, 2020, 4:15 PM

You do know that Thurmond is a Clemson grad and a WW 2 hero. Leave his name alone at Clemson!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2020, 4:17 PM

Which Wade Hampton High School are you talking about?

Jun 19, 2020, 4:22 PM

They go after both.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2020, 4:26 PM

As i have suggested before just number all buildings so no one gets offended.

Jun 19, 2020, 10:24 PM

Some numbers really rub me the wrong way.

Jun 20, 2020, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Petition now out there to change ]

Most of the Wade Hampton attacks are directed at the one that raises about $250,000 for programs for special needs children or children with cancer - every single school year.

Jun 19, 2020, 4:44 PM

It amazing how today's political correct society is believing that changing names on buildings will somehow change the actuality of history. It changes nothing except for the history is hidden from the younger youth that can learn from our past mistakes, and change the way things were, in their future. The truth is, you change the past by learning from it and changing the future. Changing names is nothing more than sweeping the past under the rug....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe the act is meant is to change history

Jun 19, 2020, 4:47 PM

Do you really believe that? Or do you think they just don't want to see men who have a racist past be honored by having their names on buildings.

Re: I don't believe the act is meant is to change history

Jun 19, 2020, 7:11 PM

Probably both.

it doesn't change history, but it keeps snowflake liberals

Jun 20, 2020, 4:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Petition now out there to change ]

from getting triggered when they enter a building named after someone in history that they don't like. There needs to be safe spaces in every building and on every street corner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it doesn't change history, but it keeps snowflake liberals

Jun 20, 2020, 9:00 AM

How about the people that are triggered because a name of a building is being changed?

Re: it doesn't change history, but it keeps snowflake liberals

Jun 20, 2020, 4:54 PM

When will libtards learn you cannot judge people from another time by today's standards. Probably never. Slavery is an abomination by today's standards and rightly so, but it was a different time 200-300 years ago.

He|| we'll probably all be hung in effigy a hundred years from now for hunting or fishing or eating meat.

that's pretty snowflaky too***

Jun 21, 2020, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: it doesn't change history, but it keeps snowflake liberals ]

Jun 20, 2020, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Petition now out there to change ]

Nobody wants the names down in hope of changing history. They don't want them honored.

Jun 21, 2020, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Petition now out there to change ]

Ok, my very first post/reply ever. When all the names of streets, buildings and towns change and statues are pulled down, are people really going to be happy? Yahoo, we’re still a bunch of brainwashed people who got a name changed. So, what did that fix? Read your Bible folks, especially the Old Testament! Read it!!! It’s history. You want to challenge God on history? Want to change Biblical names and countries? Good luck with that. Changing historical names will not fix today’s issues. Get yourselves out there and start working on your own cultural problems, whom ever you are. Acts 10:34 (Peter speaking) “I now realize that God does not show favoritism.” Show that you want to change and maybe, just maybe somebody may want to pitch in and support you. This is America, we’re all Americans. Try to help your self first! Enough already!!!

Jun 20, 2020, 3:52 AM

I knew it would not stop with Tillman and Calhoun. Give an inch they always want 2 miles or more.

Jun 20, 2020, 3:52 AM

I knew it would not stop with Tillman and Calhoun. Give an inch they always want 2 miles or more.

Jun 20, 2020, 8:43 AM

What about Francis Marion University?

Jun 20, 2020, 4:48 PM

Francis Marion???? The entire country is up for grabs starting with our nations capital. Come to think of it I would like anything named "Clinton" to be renamed, it hurts my feelings real bad, gives me heartburn every time I see it, I shouldn't have to put up with that sickening name.

Jun 20, 2020, 10:45 AM

Is there any such thing as people learning as they live and changing their political beliefs? I would argue that's exactly what Thurmond did. He changed political parties when he no longer agreed with the southern democrats and dedicated his life to representing the people if this state, all people, in DC. SC benefited tremendously from his years of service.

Jun 21, 2020, 8:47 PM

You guys do realize that the Lincoln Memorial is going to have to go because of Lincoln"s statements regarding the races. Although opposed to slavery, he stated that he "would never admit that the black race was equal to the white race." He considered shipping the slaves to colonize their own country in Liberia, but realized it could not be done quick enough. He also said that he felt sorry for the "poor creatures." Imagine someone making those statements today, especially a president. Just saying.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic