Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cancel the ACC-CG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Cancel the ACC-CG

Dec 9, 2020, 3:00 PM

If Ohio St is only going to play 6 games then Clemson and ND have played enough to go the CFP.

Should Clemson and ND meet somewhere in the CFP then the winner of that game can claim rights to the ACC Championship.

Here are the expected seeding if there is no ACC-CG:
Rose: Clemson vs. ND
Sugar: Bama vs. Ohio St

Here are the expected seeding if the ACC-CG is played and Clemson wins (as a 7 point favorite):

Rose: Clemson vs. Ohio St
Sugar: Bama vs. ND

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many more times will someone post this nonsense?

Dec 9, 2020, 3:11 PM

Stop. It. Now. Please.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Cancel the ACC-CG- American Conf did this

Dec 9, 2020, 3:11 PM

They eliminated Cincy and Tulsa playing back to back weeks one in reg season and in championship. Granted not for the same CFP outcome

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I could absolutely live with this as long as

Dec 9, 2020, 4:26 PM

Clemson and Notre Dame actually meet on the field to decide the de facto champ of the ACC.

This proposal does one very important thing. It eliminates the chance of two SEC teams.

The ACC title game has usually been a joke anyway.

Maybe this would be a good time just to eliminate it.

Any way you slice it, Clemson must beat Notre Dame on the field for this year to be a total success.

We gonna beat nd

Dec 9, 2020, 5:06 PM

If we lose all starters. Even if all starters get on the wrong plane we are going to beat nd.

This an absurd notion and for Clemson to “sick-out” the acccg is something that wouldn’t happen unless nd refuses to play. Which is a serious possibility but then they should forfeit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cancel the ACC-CG

Dec 9, 2020, 5:15 PM

Who cares how many games Ohio State plays? Why would any Clemson fan not want to beat ND and win the ACC? If the ACC Championship is cancelled then ND would be awarded the ACC title due to being the only unbeaten team and beating Clemson in the regular season. Why would any Clemson fan prefer that outcome simply because of how many games Ohio State is playing?

Don't get me any of that crap about risking our CFP spot by playing the game, because if we can't beat ND next week then we likely wouldn't beat them in the CFP anyway, much less be able to beat Alabama.

Also, in the situation you've put out there, what happens if Florida were to beat Alabama? No way would Alabama fall out the way down to 5th, and no way would Florida not move into the top 4. In that situation Clemson would likely play either Alabama or Florida in the opening game, not ND. Also in that situation, what would happen if Ohio State played in and won the B10 title game, and the committee moved them and Florida ahead of Clemson leaving Clemson out of the CFP at #5?

I'd much rather take my chances with beating the crap out of ND next week.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic