Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Personal Protective Equipment- Just throwing this out there
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,192

Personal Protective Equipment- Just throwing this out there

Mar 20, 2020, 9:53 PM

I'm a pediatrician in Columbia. Palmetto Pediatric and Adolescent Clinic. 17 docs. 5 offices. Lots of patients. We're scrambling for virtually everything at this point. Gloves, hand sanitizer, hand soap, paper towels, thermometer probes. All of it backordered. I managed to use some contacts to round up some gloves but everything is short. We're putting ourselves on the line every day trying to take care of our patients and just hoping we don't get sick or quarantined. So, no matter what your occupation is, if you happen to be sitting on any personal protective equipment that you don't need, or any basic supplies needed by medical offices, please think about donating them to your local medical practices. I can guarantee they will be eternally grateful.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Personal Protective Equipment- Just throwing this out there

Mar 20, 2020, 10:03 PM

Will do. I think I have an unopened box of gloves in storage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 10:11 PM

Yes. Because the biggest need is personnel shortage... So we got to do all we can to keep you all safe and protected. Not an occupation you can train someone to do in the amount of time we don't have.

Is dhec not able to supply? Or is the biggest problem people bought it up

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 10:34 PM

Anyone out there hoarding any of these supplies and wants to unload them, I'll buy them, no questions asked. In Lexington or Cola area. Tmail me. The Docs need to work instead scrambling for supplies. Tia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 10:43 PM

Lot of gloves still available at auto parts stores.

Mar 21, 2020, 7:41 AM

Good point.

Mar 21, 2020, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Personal Protective Equipment- Just throwing this out there ]

Agreed K2. People hoarding anything at this point are only hurting the effort to minimize the outbreak.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I considered asking if anyone on here had n95s

Mar 20, 2020, 10:43 PM

I used to buy the contractor packs for home projects.. maybe somebody here has ones they can part with.
Solid post, and I sympathize with you! Hang in there!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Serious question - can any latex or nitrile glove be used by

Mar 21, 2020, 6:18 AM

medical offices? I ask this because my wife's family may have access to some disposable gloves (probably several cases) from a restaurant that closed. I'm sure they would donate them if they can be used by those in the medical field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2020, 7:44 AM

You still get the nitrile gloves mechanics wear at harbor freight.

Mar 21, 2020, 8:34 AM

Pbdoc, if you'll respond back to these posts, if you need supplies and said supplies can be used from the places mentioned, we'll coordinate an effort and drop points etc to get you these.

Wonder if any Lowe's or depots etc have masks and sanitizer in large bottles. Not sure where you'd get the thermo stuff you need.

There's also another poster in another thread that said he/she works for dhec and might can help. Let us know.

Mar 21, 2020, 10:40 AM

I was in Harbor Freight and they had nitrile gloves - limit 4 boxes.

Mar 21, 2020, 10:39 AM

I don't want to create any more fear, but this shortage is critical and widespread.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/this-system-is-doomed-doctors-nurses-sound-off-in-nbc-news-coronavirus-survey/ar-BB11tMzK?li=BBnb7Kz

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,192
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic