Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’ll Go Ahead and Say It
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I’ll Go Ahead and Say It

Dec 22, 2020, 12:04 AM

Apparently I disagree with the whole country. I think ND can play with Bama. I think the entire SEC is wildly overrated this year. We’ll see, Saban getting 2 weeks to prep is a bit scary, but I think ND is better at smash mouth ball than anyone Bama has seen this year, by a country mile. I also think Book is far more difficult to contain than anyone is giving him credit for. I think Bama is the better team, but I’m not in the ND has no chance camp. I think ND is dangerous and I think Bama has more vulnerabilities than usual this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll Go Ahead and Say It

Dec 22, 2020, 12:12 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TY0LUIIwo8k

I’ll second you Gum.

Dec 22, 2020, 12:14 AM

I live in SEC country and if any team besides Bama played D, I didn’t see it. UF having Dlineman giving up on plays, in the championship game no less, was embarrassing for them. ND might not have the horsepower on O to win against Bama, but they won’t get blown out. Too disciplined.

Media might be in love with Bama, but their D has problems, and who better to expose them than Trevor.

Re: I’ll second you Gum.

Dec 22, 2020, 9:03 AM

ND is too disciplined to get blown out? Didn't they just get blown out in their most recent game?

Dec 22, 2020, 12:14 AM

I am in the same boat.. I believe Norte Dame has more to prove now then ever. I don’t think they win; but I do see it being close. Not really dame will be best defense and run offense bama has seen. It will not be as easy as everyone thinks it’s going to be.

Dec 22, 2020, 12:17 AM

I hope they give Bama a game, because the Tigers are gonna get all they can handle as well. We always go into that NCG having played the tougher semifinal, apparently that’s the way we like it. ????

Dec 22, 2020, 12:30 AM

Saban appreciates running up the score achieves a number one seed. Dabo, the former Bama backup WR, wants to eschew individual awards (except coach of the year), play the backups, and take the number two or three seed. Different philosophy but it's been effective thanks to Deshaun, BV and Trevor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 8:19 AM

Hey SocMan2® that’s a cheap shot. Show me one instance where/when Dabo has held up ‘his’ trophy, award, etc. He is totally ‘about’ this team.

C’mon brother! I’ve seen many of your posts and you are not a troll, a hater or the like. Surely you don’t mean or believe what you just said about Dabo and ‘coach awards/trophies’?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

ND was a great all around team

Dec 22, 2020, 12:26 AM

They were like a less talented version of last years O-cry-o.

I think they will be the best team Bama has seen yet. The problem is, like Clemson, Bama goes into another gear in these championship type games.

ND doesn’t have the high powered throwing game. Their QB and WR are good but not great. They won’t be as aggressive as Bama

I think Bama wins by 14. They are really good at stepping on opponents necks.. could get a lot worse than 14.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 12:30 AM

I just don’t see it. ND is not very good. I think Bama will have their way with them and win by 3 or 4 scores. Their O is just too good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you are right and ND gives them a battle

Dec 22, 2020, 12:34 AM

IMO both teams have defensive flaws to expose. But Alabama offense is very good and even if ND plays a good game they still might lose by 2 or 3 TD’s.

My prediction at this moment is Alabama 45 ND 21

Prediction subject to change with COVID and updates to teams injury reports. Waddle being back really is crazy as he was their best receiver. Smith is incredible so both on field will be nearly impossible for ND to stop!!

Dec 22, 2020, 3:29 AM

Sure Notre Dame can play with Bama, if Notre Dame is only playing touch football, and Bama has to hit.
Count on it,Bama's going to hit.

Dec 22, 2020, 3:37 AM

I don't know, but it would be nice if the team we just demolished smashed Bama.

Dec 22, 2020, 5:20 AM

Not me. want Notre Dame gone.I would rather see Bama win it all than that "Holier than Thou"
school that thinks they are better than everyone else just because they are named after some church in Paris.

Deere Lowered, I hope your right! I too, have bama fatigue

Dec 22, 2020, 8:09 AM

plus, I KNOW we can kick ND’s #### and get that fourth natty!

Truthfully, I agree about Bama and a woeful SEC this year. True, they have some studs on offense, but I think we can score on them, too. I also think our defense is better than aTm, Ole Miss, the Dawgs, and Gators.

SPOT THE DAMB BALL!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

It's going to be a nailbiter

Dec 22, 2020, 8:23 AM

for the first quarter... after that, Bama rolls and wins big. Sorry, I'm not really sure Bama breaks a sweat.

Interesting Find

Dec 22, 2020, 8:31 AM

While I was doing the research on the OSU defensive stats, I found something totally unexpected. Alabama was just as bad as OSU! Bama ranks 40th in Tackles for Loss, 33rd in Total Defense, 24th in Sacks, and 71st in Defensive 3rd Down Conversions.

Have you ever heard of a Bama Defense being outside of the top 10 in those stats?

Yeah, their offense has been prolific, but their defense is suspect.

If Ian Book can play like he did against us in November, ND will pour on a ton of points. I think it'll be a shoot out. ND will cover and has a chance to win it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, dammityou are a STAR, after all, so it must be true!

Dec 22, 2020, 8:32 AM

:)

People say things that are wrong a lot.......

Dec 22, 2020, 8:54 AM

but like George told Jerry in the diner, it's not a lie....if you believe it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 8:56 AM

I wish that were true. Notre Dame’s deep secondary is going to get roasted. If you could eliminate any passes greater than 15 yards, they could stay on the field with Bama. But this game will not be played in a box.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama's defense...

Dec 22, 2020, 8:59 AM

is a huge question mark. I work with some Bama grads and at the beginning of the season they were also questioning their defense. Suddenly, they blow out a couple teams (SEC teams at that) and they say their defense is starting to "gel".

I asked...gel or are the team you are playing simply that bad?

The FL game puckered their sphincter muscles a bit, but they say it's because Trask is the 2nd greatest QB in the land next to their QB.

Our blowout of ND in the ACCCG might be the best thing that happened to ND...Bama might already be looking at Clemson, thinking ND will be a cake walk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND WILL beat Bama, they are more physical and

Dec 22, 2020, 9:03 AM

Bama’s defense is a liability. Florida was scoring at will.

One should not discredit how great our D was the other day at shutting down Book and ND’s offense. That was about how well we played, not an indictment on their quality.

They will run wild on Bama.

Bama’s offense is really good, like almost as good as LSU last year.

ND needs to devise a game plan that keeps Bama’s offense off the field.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Dec 22, 2020, 9:55 AM

If ND controls the clock like they did against us the first time, they can keep that offense off the field.

And I don't think Bama's defense can control ND's offense, especially Book like we did the 2nd time.

They have a good chance.

Unfortunately, we showed Bama exactly how to beat ND - if they can replicate our success.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic