Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People questioning Monte...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

People questioning Monte...

May 18, 2016, 10:54 AM

There are some whack jobs on these boards. We let Leggett go, because there was a problem with the Clemson baseball slipping and everyone knew it. Lee Takes over a team with very little talent(Beer being an obvious execution). He's taking us to regionals, without question. We've won 2-3 vs Fsu, NC St, as well as Usc. It takes time to fix what's broken, Clemson baseball will be back in its rightful place among power programs very soon. Allow the man time to fix it before jumping all over him. This program is in better hands than it has been in a few years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People questioning Monte...

May 18, 2016, 10:59 AM

I approve this message!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People questioning Monte...you approve executing Beer?

May 18, 2016, 11:11 AM

strange. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2016, 11:13 AM

I haven't heard anybody jumping all over him?

May 18, 2016, 11:15 AM

agree. I've read where people were talking about the fielding but not jumping on Lee. Most people on this board jumping on Lee are trolls.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2016, 11:17 AM

Everybody is excited to have him

May 18, 2016, 11:19 AM

Yep, the trolls are not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2016, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: People questioning Monte... ]

Perfect fit for Clemson. He won't win every game but he will put us back where we belong, and will do it the right way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2016, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: People questioning Monte... ]

Before I heard Jack was gone, I was hoping Lee would be our next coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The difference in this year vs last year is midweek

May 18, 2016, 12:14 PM

We've won the same number of "high profile" series (FSU/UNC/USC last year FSU/NCSU/USC this year) and our conference record is actually worse in 16 than 15. Granted the conference is better this year.

Lee clearly has a different mentality than Leggett when it comes to midweek games. Leggett treated those as developmental games. That was fine when we were winning 20+ games in conference, it was bad when we were winning 15. Lee is treating them equal to weekend series and that is bolstering the win total. Frankly we need those wins this year. And when you are the coach of CofC, midweek games are where you make your hay because the conference isn't enough to get you into the NCAA. But JL never even tried to go 22-4 OOC. He'd pitch just about everybody in a game to get them innings. Have these midweek games developed pitchers for next year. At the end of every JL coached team, we have identified a reliable weekend guy for the next year (see Pat Krall). Do we have that this year? Is it Gilliam or Higginbotham?

And for the record, I really like what Lee has done

May 18, 2016, 12:15 PM

and fully supported a change from JL.

Re: The difference in this year vs last year is midweek

May 18, 2016, 12:24 PM [ in reply to The difference in this year vs last year is midweek ]

Gilliam is going to be counted on next year along with a hopefully healthy Higginbotham to round out the weekend rotation behind Barnes.

May 18, 2016, 1:29 PM

I'd like to see Bostic get a shot at the weekend rotation as well if he's back, he has electric stuff when he has his confidence right. But scouts undoubtedly see that mid-90s fastball as a lefty with plus offspeed stuff, I don't expect him back.

May 18, 2016, 1:30 PM

BOSTIC IS GONE. HATE THAT. HE HAS A REALLY HOT MOM.

I have ZERO problems with Coach Lee

May 18, 2016, 2:01 PM

He's done a great job as a first-year coach! I didn't expect any more than he has delivered. But, I do expect we will see more and more improvement in the next couple of years.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

These are the people who still can't let go of the coots..

May 18, 2016, 2:33 PM

winning back to back championships 5 years ago . Even though we have won our series against the coots for the past two seasons.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic