Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People can keep calling Dabo a clown all they want
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

People can keep calling Dabo a clown all they want

Dec 2, 2014, 9:36 PM

but since he has taken over the program has done nothing but soar upwards. Yes, the 5 year skid-mark really sucked but the dude can flat out recruit players and coaches. I don't necessarily understand or agree with all of his decisions but until the program looks to be on a steady decline then I am all in with Dabo. I really think he can get us to the playoffs sooner rather than later and possibly even our first national title in over 30 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People can keep calling Dabo a clown all they want

Dec 2, 2014, 9:44 PM

I think Dabo has done a great job. I am not convinced he is doing any better than Tommy would have done if the University had given Tommy the amount of money to throw around that they have given Dabo. Dabo is doing a good job. Is it because of him or because of a level of support from administration never given before?

We'll never know, but the results are the results.

Dec 2, 2014, 9:46 PM

As long as they continue with him at the helm, why speculate?

Dec 2, 2014, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: People can keep calling Dabo a clown all they want ]

This is stupid. Plain dumb.

Dec 2, 2014, 11:09 PM

It is dump to point out that Dabo's success is in part due to a huge influx of money into the program from the administration? An objective person would have to credit our two EXTREMELY high paid coordinators with a large share of that success.

Dec 2, 2014, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: People can keep calling Dabo a clown all they want ]

You should know the answer if youre a real Tiger fan and not hiding behind a disguise.

Dec 2, 2014, 11:07 PM

Simply pointing out the fact that we have given Dabo the perfect situation in which to attain success. I am definitely glad Dabo is bringing our program back to the level Danny had it at. Dabo's success is not totally to his credit. The administration has given him never before seen support. I wish they had given Tommy that same support. Our program could have been rebuilt much sooner.

Money itself does not improve coaching. Money is

Dec 3, 2014, 1:05 AM [ in reply to Re: People can keep calling Dabo a clown all they want ]

the reward for good coaching and results that prove it. Dabo has done that far better than Tommy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at all of the dumb says Tommy says...

Dec 3, 2014, 6:54 AM [ in reply to Re: People can keep calling Dabo a clown all they want ]

Dabo does some bizarre stuff in the media, but i really think he has a method to his madness. He says things to put the focus on himself rather than the team and he always, ALWAYS, defends his players and his team.

Tommy is just dumb.. at least compared to the average HC at this level of football, many whom are geniuses. It's clear that Rick Rod was the backbone to his early success and when that crutch got pulled out from under him he struggled. Yeah he did a few good things like getting the ball rolling on the facility upgrades and i do give him credit for that, but he was a perennial 7-9 win coach who was NEVER going to do any better. Period.

Dabo is no clown

Dec 3, 2014, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: People can keep calling Dabo a clown all they want ]

But I stop short of saying he has done a great job. His first 5 years were the most painful in my 40 years of following Clemson Football. Can't just sweep the Carolina games under the rug. Hopefully now he picked up a great win that trend will turn.

Re: Dabo is no clown

Dec 3, 2014, 10:43 AM

no, no. The worst was the almost a decade from when Coach Howard retired and Coach Pell was hired because all we had then was a Tiger Paw.

Also it wasn't Dabo's fault that the previous two years we gave them both games by turning it over again and again. We should be on a 3 yr streak now.

Re: Dabo is no clown

Dec 5, 2014, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Dabo is no clown ]

If winning ACC championships and orange bowls is painful to you, then you might want to consider a new past time.

I guess you don't go back quite far enough!...

Dec 5, 2014, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Dabo is no clown ]

I well remember Frank Howard's last two or three years, follow by Hootie. I think the best we did in that time frame was 4-7. Terrible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Partner, Tommy could ot have done this with 10,000,000 to

Dec 5, 2014, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: People can keep calling Dabo a clown all they want ]

spend on OC salaries. If you want me to start listing the dumb, game day decisions he made.....I can rattle off a lot of them.

Completely agree with you here. I am a much happier Tiger fan today, than I was 6-7 years ago. Things are on the right track for sure. I certainly won't be crying over 10-11 win seasons.

Give that man a cigar

Point on. No more needs to be said. All in!

Dabo has created a strong foundation. Go Tigers. All in.***

Dec 2, 2014, 10:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he will retire at Clemson

Dec 2, 2014, 10:31 PM

As the best HC we have ever had with the program better than it has ever been over the long haul. His passion and makeup wont allow anything else.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he will retire at Clemson

Dec 2, 2014, 10:44 PM

I tend to agree, seems like he could be a lifer. Only fear is Saban retiring at Bama

he is a Bama boy

Dec 2, 2014, 10:48 PM

but I think the pompous, blueblooded nature of that program will always make them go for the huge hire...someone who has some NFL experience or some other big time "name" recognition. I think that will be years from now before that is an issue and by that time Dabo will be too invested and too much Paw in his system. I hope that is the case. I think the guy is going to grow into a legend at Clemson.

I agree and its going to be a sad day

Dec 2, 2014, 10:53 PM [ in reply to he will retire at Clemson ]

When he does leave/retire at Clemson. His passion and strive for greatness at Clemson is something we will could possibly never see again after he is gone. I don't think people give him enough credit for what he has done for this program. Most people would thank our coordinators for the success we have had in recent years but if it wasnt for dabo, we wouldn't of had these coordinators or great athletes consistently coming in to Clemson. I love Dabo and I think we are very fortunate to have him as our head coach at Clemson. Go tigers!

Re: I agree and its going to be a sad day

Dec 2, 2014, 10:56 PM

Tommy didn't have enough money?! Please. He simply isn't as good as Dabo and he proved that, year-in and year-out. The Tommy Bowden apologists are truly a strange breed.

Both Nebraska and Michigan should have Dabo on speed dial, but they won't.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you want a win at all costs program, see FSU or

Dec 2, 2014, 11:04 PM [ in reply to I agree and its going to be a sad day ]

most SEC programs, Ohio State, the Chickens, Georgia, etc....they disgust me, period. FSU pollutes the ACC. There was a time where we didn't have the character we have now but a lot of Tiger fans are young and don't know, or are in denial. I'm not naming names but I know three kids personally who were recruited hard by West's staff and the early Bowden staff. All three told me that there were players at Clemson then telling them NOT to come, including starters. We had multiple criminal issues back then too with stars. I know the kids are not saints...I'm not stupid. However, if you cannot see the difference in the fire in those kids now, you are blind. I'm not a bible thumper at all. In fact, Dabo's religious beliefs are irrelevant to me. What I DO love about the guy is the passion, the drive, the character that he displays and what he demands out of the players. It's not just the talk, it's the class. If you don't think we are about to win big and get to the next level you are nuts. We are loaded and character and class will win the marathon. The sprint is won by teams like FSU who is about to come tumbling down because they are garbage inside and out. Georgia and OSU are no different. Meyer is as shady as they come and Richt lets the inmates run the asylum. The Chickens lack of character caught up with them this year and it's beautiful. Sit back and watch the show....the Tigers are about to go on a long roll.

Dec 2, 2014, 11:25 PM

Other than Gamecock fans and trolls, who's calling him a clown? TIA :)

10 years from now...

Dec 3, 2014, 1:17 AM

Dabo will be taking over for a retiring Saban after winning a NC and multiple ACCs here

Book it!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo too ethical for SEC

Dec 3, 2014, 6:51 AM

Just saying'...

Agreed!***

Dec 3, 2014, 10:01 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10 years from now...

Dec 3, 2014, 7:09 AM [ in reply to 10 years from now... ]

I think the college football landscape will be very different 10 years from now. We will be in an expanded (at least 8) playoff system, the country at large will be just as sick of the SEC as we are now. But, one thing I guarantee. If the ACC, by FSU or Clemson, wins a couple more NC's between now and then, especially if it comes at the expense of SEC schools, we will be invited to join the SEC. Can't have the "best"conference getting thumped by the "worst" Power 5. Also, if Dabo has a NC and several more ACCs, he gets a statue before he goes. (In front of a Chic-fil-a!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think anyone has called him a clown, other than fans

Dec 3, 2014, 1:21 AM

of rival teams that we have beaten. *L*

Plus He Doesn't Report to Interviews All Drunked Up***

Dec 3, 2014, 10:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic