Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Peckerhead Phil ran this in today's Spartanburg paper
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Peckerhead Phil ran this in today's Spartanburg paper

Jul 7, 2012, 6:23 AM

July 07, 2012

Nkemdiche says commitment hinges on offer to teammate
By Phil Kornblut

DE Robert Nkemdiche of Loganville, GA, the nation's top rated player who committed to Clemson earlier this summer, said Friday he's not totally committed to the Tigers and won't be unless they offer his teammate DB Ryan Carter. “I am waiting on Clemson to offer Ryan; when that happens, it’s locked … it’s a done deal … it’s over,” Nkemdiche told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Clemson has already offered and taken commitments from two other teammate's of Nkemdiche, RB Wayne Gallman and DB David Kamara. And another teammate, QB Nick Schuessler, is transferring from Mississippi State as a walk-on. “Clemson said they like Ryan a lot and that he’s at the top of their board," Nkemdiche told the AJC. "Yes, sir, if Clemson offers Ryan, it would seal the deal. There’s no ifs, ands or buts about it. David and Ryan, those guys are like family. They are like brothers to me. I’m close to them. We’ve had success playing football together and I don’t want to change it.” Nkemdiche has a brother who plays at Ole Miss, and the Rebels have offered Carter. “If Clemson doesn’t offer Ryan, it would make me look at Ole Miss a little more, it would,” Nkemdiche said. “It’s very important that I have my boys with me.” Carter told the AJC he's had limited contact from Clemson.

---Kornblut must love this since it's perfect fodder for that JACK@SS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm

Jul 7, 2012, 6:51 AM

Any truth to this?

No

Jul 7, 2012, 7:02 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/recruiting_update.do?id=6292

Just Korncoot doing his best to throw tacks in the road.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

well, there is truth to it.....but not being media savy

Jul 7, 2012, 7:53 AM

the AJC just got an interview with some quotes that had some bite to them.

He will learn. Nothing wrong with the reporting from Phil as he just quoted the article.

On the other hand, there is likely some back peddling on his part too. Does not want to #### off Dabo.

In the end, I think his buddy might get the offer anyway.

....just curious what will happen if he decides to take an official visit to Ole Miss.

BS Sandlapper

Jul 7, 2012, 7:58 AM

Nowhere in the AJC article did RN say "he's not totally committed to the Tigers and won't be unless they offer his teammate".

Total KornKoot fabrication and typical of his open bias.

RN DID say he does not like the AJC twisting his words... and very likely would not like KornKoot's shenanigans either.

I would say that if something is not a lock, then it is not

Jul 7, 2012, 1:47 PM

a total commitment.

Media do that kind of stuff all the time. It makes news and sells advertising. Media in general often take things out of context. Happens to even the well trained and skilled politicians too.

Not saying what Phil did was the moralistic things to do, but it is the nature of the business and they are all the same.

An easy fix is for these attention craving people to stop talking to media.....one of the reasons that many coaches make all freshmen 'off limits' to the media.

Shocker a coot defending kornblut***

Jul 7, 2012, 2:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and its also "the nature"

Jul 7, 2012, 2:44 PM [ in reply to I would say that if something is not a lock, then it is not ]

of chickentroll jackazzes like yourself to constantly comment on Clemson topics that have absolutely nothing to do with gamecocks or gamecock sports. You contribute absolutely nothing to this site. Your 4,778 opinions have not been asked for nor are they relevant to this board.

And as you referred, the "easy fix" would be for the moderators to simply ban you and the rest of the poultry---permanently.

Hopefull, they'll do so soon

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Go ahead and tell him what we all think about them.***

Jul 7, 2012, 6:34 PM

Re: Peckerhead Phil ran this in today's Spartanburg paper

Jul 7, 2012, 7:47 AM

Are we sure that this guy is not Trooper Del reincarnated??? He acts like him. What an effin a-hole to keep dragging this crap on and on. He definitely would not do this for SUC recruits.

It was reported on here that Trooper Del died

Jul 7, 2012, 8:03 AM

I think it was about a year ago, and some of the celebration was a bit concerning. Anyway, I am pretty sure unless he is a ghost writer, literally, it isn't Trooper Del.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:The Herald Journal has stooped to an all time low by

Jul 7, 2012, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Peckerhead Phil ran this in today's Spartanburg paper ]

publishing his crap.

It was also run on the front page of Tigernet.***

Jul 7, 2012, 8:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2012, 8:15 AM

Everyone quick to latch on to this as a "Hot Topic" has never been interviewed by the media. All writers are the same. They ask open ended questions and then take excessive liberty in "interpreting" the answers. Journalism is a joke. This is much ado about nothing. The AJC article has done nothing but cement this young man's commitment to Clemson. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's official, now discuss what Dabo should do about this...

Jul 7, 2012, 8:30 AM

some. Good grief. I'm going to bed. wake me up when the bs settles!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2012, 2:15 PM

The problem is the headline. It is 100 percent deception, and they know it. Most people won't actually read the article, so kornblut and the state will get their lie across. "Journalists do this kind of mess all the time.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic