Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Paul Ryan jumps off the Trump bus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Paul Ryan jumps off the Trump bus

Oct 10, 2016, 2:18 PM

will concentrate on preserving congressional majorities

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/politics/paul-ryan-said-he-wont-defend-donald-trump/index.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mm hm. I pray DJT wins.

Oct 10, 2016, 2:32 PM

If for no other reason than to make these turncoat GOP politicians pay.

The people are so tired of this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And how exactly would you want to see them "pay"?***

Oct 10, 2016, 2:35 PM

Re: And how exactly would you want to see them "pay"?***

Oct 10, 2016, 2:57 PM

"LOCK THEM UP!!!!!!111"

Jail?

Oct 10, 2016, 2:57 PM [ in reply to And how exactly would you want to see them "pay"?*** ]

Trump should take responsibility for himself rather than constantly wanting to punish others for his failings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do like this man's political instincts.

Oct 10, 2016, 2:34 PM

The continuous efforts to defend, clarify or rationalize Trump's comments and behavior are both draining the congressional Republicans energies and polluting their brand. And in a way, it enables his childishness. And with him showing almost no ability or will I guess to change, why should they? He's so proud of his identity and style, then let him defend it.

Good for you, Ryan. There are limits, and he passed them long ago.

null

If the race gets close again....

Oct 10, 2016, 2:50 PM

Expect more "bad behavior" to be exposed. This primarily because the media believes that "conservative " people will run from this immoral behavior. When Clinton was actually having sex with a 21 year old intern, it wasn't a big deal. It was a personal matter. I have never seen a more concerted, blatant effort by the press to bring a candidate down.

I don't care for Trump. Nowhere close to my first choice. But riding the high horse right now will continue the direction of the last 8 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expect it to happen regardless of poll numbers. And FWIW

Oct 10, 2016, 2:56 PM

it's working. Never before has a major party nominee lost so many endorsements from within his own party than this election.

There is a very real possibility that in addition to losing the WH, the GOP could conceivably lose the House and Senate majorities. Do you really think Merrick Garland will be the 9th justice if this happens?

The media has put blood in the water and will keep piling on until election day.

The Clinton stuff is old news. If that stuff were to stick, it would have stuck years ago. Part of the problem with having someone on the ticket who is unapologetically not a politician, is the level of scrutiny and vetting hasn't yet been finished.

That this stuff would change anyone's mind at this point...

Oct 10, 2016, 3:00 PM

just tells me people haven't been attention.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mentioned a lot of stuff in my post. Which stuff exactly

Oct 10, 2016, 3:03 PM

are you referring to?

If Hilary wins in November, Garland will be confirmed before

Oct 10, 2016, 3:38 PM [ in reply to I expect it to happen regardless of poll numbers. And FWIW ]

January.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may be right.***

Oct 10, 2016, 4:08 PM

I do not disagree***

Oct 10, 2016, 4:28 PM [ in reply to I expect it to happen regardless of poll numbers. And FWIW ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and I have a question for Hillary...

Oct 10, 2016, 4:33 PM

I would guess that the right wingers who hate her and her husband hate Obama too. They probably hated Jimmy Carter as well. Why is it that their has been no vast right wing conspiracy to make up affairs and rape allegations against them?

Yea, there haven't been any big things about Obama

Oct 10, 2016, 4:36 PM

You know, like he wasn't born in America. He's secretly a Muslim (look at his wedding ring!). He's gay. He's a member of The Muslim Brotherhood...etc...

Only the birther thing was ever close to mainstream...

Oct 10, 2016, 4:58 PM

and that was originally something that was explored by the Clinton campaign in the '08 primary. I'd never even heard of any rumors about him being gay or part of the Muslim Brotherhood.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when was it explored by the Clinton campaign?

Oct 10, 2016, 5:05 PM

I've only ever seen that a staffer forwarded an email to a list of friends that came from somewhere else, and was then fired.

Where is this information you have?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's where it all came from

Oct 10, 2016, 5:34 PM

It would be oddly coincidental if someone in the Clinton campaign circulated something about that and then it just randomly popped up in the general election.

did it really?

Oct 10, 2016, 5:39 PM

Am I exploring an issue every time I forward a chain email? Is my company exploring the issue as well?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the very least...

Oct 10, 2016, 5:54 PM

the fact that it was something considered interesting by the Clinton campaign ought to make people question whether anybody who ever questioned Obama's birthplace was certifying themselves as a racist. I think it was a pretty silly episode, but there was probably some legitimate interest in it to begin with. That Trump took it too far isn't surprising, though.

so you agree no affairs were "made up"

Oct 10, 2016, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Yea, there haven't been any big things about Obama ]

Never heard Michelle bringing up "vast right-wing conspiracy "

None of those silly stories have trailed Barack around for 20 years

He never should've endorsed him***

Oct 10, 2016, 2:58 PM [ in reply to I do like this man's political instincts. ]

Politicians like Ryan are why Trump is the GOP candidate.***

Oct 10, 2016, 3:09 PM

How ridiculous***

Oct 10, 2016, 3:28 PM

There is nothing ridiculous about passing a budget that

Oct 10, 2016, 4:19 PM

gives Obama everything he asked for. The GOP has had control of the House and Senate, but you would never know there was any opposition to Obama. Even now, Ryan cannot bring himself to fully support the GOP candidate for President because of Ryan's "principles." All that does is help Hillary Clinton, as if she and her "principles" are superior to Trump's. Maybe next year, if Clinton is elected, Ryan can continue to fund whatever she wants. Instead of installing a full throated agenda of tax reductions, regulation reduction, border security, and a businees friendly environment to rebuild the middle class, Ryan will feel quite content trying to thwart Hillary, while hiding comfortably within his "principles."

The idea that there's been no opposition to Obama is nuts

Oct 10, 2016, 5:00 PM

Like, seriously, it's way out there. There's nothing anybody in Congress could've done to placate people who think that way.

What has the GOP accomplished since they have had

Oct 11, 2016, 6:06 AM

both houses of Congress?

that's hilarious....

Oct 10, 2016, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Politicians like Ryan are why Trump is the GOP candidate.*** ]

wait...sorry...no, it's eff'ing insane.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm...***

Oct 10, 2016, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Politicians like Ryan are why Trump is the GOP candidate.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is this? Is it a DEFENSE of Trump as a candidate?***

Oct 10, 2016, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Politicians like Ryan are why Trump is the GOP candidate.*** ]

null

And this is what I hate because it makes me want Trump to

Oct 10, 2016, 9:14 PM

win more than I would otherwise wish. This move by Ryan is a resume enhancer among Trump's deplorables. That being said, it is also an open invitation for our problems to increase if Trump wins. Just like Obama with a pub congress, they will not cooperate and that will leave Obama (Trump) to abuse executive powers even more.

If Hillary wins, mark my words, you will get no more cooperation from Congress than if Trump won. They're done along with our Constitution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic