Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parking email from IPTAY
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Parking email from IPTAY

Mar 1, 2019, 2:20 PM

Says they are losing over 900 spots this coming season due to softball and other things.

Gonna be interesting.......

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Parking email from IPTAY

Mar 1, 2019, 2:22 PM

Dare say it may be time to build a parking garage? Tons of folks that don't tailgate could use that and save the tailgating locations for people like me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How will that save your spot?

Mar 1, 2019, 2:42 PM

Only way to save your spot is to out donor the guy trying to get it...

Parking garage won't change that... unless it is so awesome that people are willing to donate more to get those spots.

I'm my experience..parking garages are often the worst tailgating spots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: How will that save your spot?

Mar 1, 2019, 6:21 PM

Did you even read what was written? Parking garage for non-tailgaters. The available spots in whatever remaining areas for those who show up and tailgate all day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2019, 2:23 PM

Great timing since interest in football is so low. Shouldn’t cause any problems, said no one ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The price of success . . .

Mar 1, 2019, 3:30 PM

will eventually eliminate many of the faithful, retired supporters ability to continue their current support levels.

Will continue as long as I can . . . then pick and choose which games I can attend . . . finally being forced to sit at home and watch from afar . . . the cycle of life is wretched at times . . . growing old isn't for sissies!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Priced out us. Can’t do it anymore

Mar 1, 2019, 4:08 PM

Been IPTAY donors since 1999. Luckily we found a nice couple that wanted our lower level seats and will pay our dues. We’ve been 3200 dollar donors for years. Now the email about parking yikes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2019, 2:43 PM

I spoke to to a gentleman at Iptay yesterday. He told me to double my Iptay contribution to secure my same parking place. Yeah right. No problem. I have not missed a home game played in Death Valley since 1971 and its getting more financially difficult to keep up.

My last year for IPTAY was the end of the 2016 season.....

Mar 1, 2019, 2:52 PM

My folks..and then I took over the membership 15 years prior....of IPTAY donations since 1979.
I just got priced out in giving. Today, I use stubhub and park in the public parking lot for football and it has worked out very well. Least now I can pick and choose what games I can attend for a much lower price compared to my IPTAY membership and season tickets.

This will probably be my last year.

Mar 1, 2019, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Parking email from IPTAY ]

I love Clemson Football with all my heart, but its getting to be to much $$$ for this ol boy.

Mar 1, 2019, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Parking email from IPTAY ]

IPTAY is a business. A big one. They break people like us everyday and they don’t care at all. Every step they take is designed to squeeze a juuust little more money out.

They have a scarce resource (parking), and they have no incentive to increase the availability of it because doing so would cut into their profits. The domino effect of moving 900 space is going to be brutal. I’m holding steady on my donation, and I just hope I don’t get moved to somewhere that I have to rely on a shuttle bus to bring me to campus (inside perimeter road).

I disagree. I believe IPTAY really does care and hates

Mar 1, 2019, 5:54 PM

to disappoint people. I know they would rather have all happy donors than to have 1000 mad donors showing up at their office because their parking got moved.

The University makes decisions and IPTAY has to find a way to “make it work” while causing the least amount of heartache. I believe they truly do the best they can.

That is a lot of spots , gonna be a lot of teed off people..

Mar 1, 2019, 2:45 PM

just seems like there had to be a better way , and this is premium parking , although just a few years ago lot 4 was not even numbered and was at large parking in the lot , , these spots are probably mostly coming from the RV crowd and the old Lot 4 ….sad !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoa! Stomp the brakes!

Mar 1, 2019, 3:33 PM

Forget the softball thingy. That's way too many spaces to lose.

If you are a Howard Donor or less...

Mar 1, 2019, 2:59 PM

Mar 1, 2019, 5:33 PM

The way construction projects keep increasing, may not be much parking on campus for football in a few years. Ya think they may need to put in a light rail system ala Disneyland from campus to the other side of the lake and the Anderson Mall? Had season tickets in UR-F-22&24 from 1975 thru the 2007 season and parked in lots 21 & 22 for many years. Gave them up when I retired in 2007 as it was getting too expensive and IPTAY changed the parking assignment. Also, with the increasing TV coverage, it was too easy to skip the noon games and a three hour drive, especially since the wife hadn't been attending for a number of years due to knee issues. Quite a number of folks will have to make difficult decisions given the increasing costs of IPTAY, tickets and ever changing parking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Mar 1, 2019, 6:09 PM

I haven’t renewed IPTAY for over a decade due to medical and more important personal expenses. The wife and I generally watch at home and pick one game to attend. We will do that as long as health and finances allow. Talk about expanding DV should absolutely be put on hold until the university and IPTAY assess long term parking/tailgating needs, both on campus and nearby.

The region itself is growing and “little old Clemson” is changing so there are issues surrounding both. Time for a serious discussion by all parties has arrived.

Go Tigers!

Mar 1, 2019, 6:28 PM

Clemson is losing it's soul to the BIG BUCKS. Soon the Hill will be like the strip of grass between the sidewalk and the curb. Maybe we need to start a Clemson like school in the Pee Dee. Plenty of land and the economy in certain counties could sure use this boon. Put a University that serves the needs of the people of the state and not a "Status' place. Old Clemson is dead and gone.

Mar 1, 2019, 6:43 PM

I have been a low dollar donor for a long time. I've got two great seats in the lower bowl that I dearly love and I intend to keep giving enough to keep those two seats until I die. My parking assignment has migrated downward many times because I've not wanted to give IPTAY more money simply to keep a good spot relatively near the stadium. In just the last 10 or 12 years, I've been in Lot 9, then Lot 20, then 21, then 22, then STI for the last two years. I really liked STI but I will not have the priority to stay in that lot due to my giving level. I expect I'll end up on East Campus somewhere in 2019 and 2020.

East Campus will be OK with me. I've lived on East Campus and walked to the games, so in a way, I've just come full circle.

If someone had told me in 2010 that we were going to have 8 ten game winners, win the ACC 4 times in a row, play in 3 national title games and win two of them, BUT I would have to park somewhere on East Campus to make it happen, I'd have gladly done so.

So I'll happily move to where I need to park as the years go by and hope we keep winning enough that demand for high dollar parking keeps going through the roof.

(I hope to never park in a deck for a home game at Clemson. Decks suck for football game parking.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2019, 6:53 PM

I have not received the email from IPTAY, but if accurate, they should have communicated prior to the 2/15 pledge deadline. Otherwise it just feels like a bait and switch. Sure, they may lose some revenue, or others may donate more, but it doesn't make me feel good about supporting IPTAY when the goalpost moves after the fact.

Mar 1, 2019, 8:40 PM

Yep. My 20 year lot 2 spot is gone due to the bait and switch. Kinda like the bait and switch for post season football tickets!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic