Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Park Seed in Greenwood
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Park Seed in Greenwood

Sep 1, 2020, 8:06 AM

Park Seed has changed ownership but about 10 years ago it had some of the most fabulous gardens/grounds I have ever seen. It's a shame it is all gone now. They sold and still do sell seeds of all types of plants and flowers. But back then if you wanted to see the plant in person and not just the picture on the seed pouch you could walk outside their showroom and see it live, a full grown mature plant. They probably had about 10 acres on display. It was really impressive. Anyone else been there to see it?
We got to know the owner when he and his family moved to Mt Pleasant.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Park Seed in Greenwood

Sep 1, 2020, 8:15 AM

Yes I have and i fully agree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 8:19 AM

They still have the SC Festival of Flowers in Greenwood but it's not the same as when they had it in conjunction with Park's open house and trial gardens.

Sep 1, 2020, 8:38 AM

Live in Greenville now, but grew up in Greenwood.Yes, the gardens were fantastic during the Festival of Flower. We would always go out there and stroll around and check it out.

Sep 1, 2020, 8:43 AM

I had family that worked there. It was a great place and family to work for. Guess it is like everything that gets sold to private equity. They cut and cut expenses until it's gone.

Sep 1, 2020, 9:27 AM

yes, grew up in Greenwood. was a great place to visit

So where do you get your seeds today?********

Sep 1, 2020, 9:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So where do you get your seeds today?********

Sep 1, 2020, 9:52 AM

I tried Tenn nursery . Awful site . Guarantee their plants ? will give you 40% toward new plant if original dies within a year . Not so good .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So where do you get your seeds today?********

Sep 1, 2020, 10:20 AM [ in reply to So where do you get your seeds today?******** ]

Haven't ordered anything yet but love this for heirloom varieties https://www.seedsavers.org/

Hate to hear about Park Seed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 8:26 PM

There's a place called "Seeds n Such" I've ordered from for a couple of years. They claimed to be from the "Shumway" family...but almost the same address as Park Seed.

https://www.seedsnsuch.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 8:39 PM

I used to order seeds from Park many years ago and visited their facilities many times during the Festival of Flowers.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic