Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pandora's Box?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 801

Pandora's Box?

Oct 30, 2019, 8:51 AM

So, now that the NCAA has weighed in I see this as possibly going another route altogether. We all complain about wanting more playoff teams, better SOS, blah blah. SO imagine if you have the NCAA acting as the “agent” for these kids and inevitably they screw it up with more weird and hard to figure out regulations. What’s stopping large corporations from coming in and basically forming their own league? Clemson you keep getting overlooked because of the ACC, Oregon same deal, Stanford, etc. Wal-Mart, Exxon, Michelin, some tech company from the West all get together and say “Hey why don’t we take the top 3-4 of each Power 5 and just make our own league and crown a champion at the end of the season?”

Just imagine…Florida, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Oregon, Washington, Clemson, Texas to name a few…not only would they be bank rolled by a network of large corporations but fans would literally be mortgaging their homes for that season ticket. No one would care anything about the NCAA or their silly little national champion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pandora's Box?

Oct 30, 2019, 9:15 AM

i hope you're kidding... and, if i'm too blind to since your glaring sarcasm... my apologies.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 801
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic