Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Out of respect for SCAR, should Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Out of respect for SCAR, should Clemson

Nov 12, 2019, 8:13 AM

score 69 on them to commemorate their ACC title ?

Asking for a friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Out of respect for SCAR, should Clemson

Nov 12, 2019, 8:29 AM

Only if we allow them 27,one for each year they have floundered in the SEC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2019, 9:09 AM

I have no respect for that organization. They don’t deserve to be called a university or a team.

Re: Out of respect for SCAR, should Clemson or have a state

Nov 12, 2019, 9:20 AM

name either

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2019, 9:25 AM

I wouldn't count out the coots to give us a decent game. As much as I hope we stomp them.

That all depends on whether their crowd shows up, and

Nov 12, 2019, 9:27 AM

even then, how long are they going to stay in the stands? If we go up 14-0, it's going to be ug-lee.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Out of respect for SCAR, should Clemson ]

I've heard this several places.

Can you give me a reason why they will challenge us if our players are focused and ready for the game?

I keep hearing "The coot game could be closer than people think if Clemson doesn't come ready to play.", but nobody gives any football reasons.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:29 AM

I will add that maybe there are football reasons, but I haven't watched them play since they lost to Kelly B.

Just wishful thinking...

Nov 12, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Out of respect for SCAR, should Clemson ]

yeah, IF we were to somehow overlook our hated rival, which Dabo almost definitely won't allow, they could keep it close for three quarters.

In reality we're a lot better, a lot healthier, better coached and more focused.

Turnovers can happen, etc. it's still college football, but going into it there's no reason to think Clemson wins by less than 24.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just wishful thinking...

Nov 12, 2019, 9:51 AM

Funny you say 24.

I told coworkers last week that I expect the spread to be 24-25 points and called me crazy and said there is no way they would set it that high in cootlumbia in a rivalry game.

They dropped the, "everybody knows anything can happen in a rivalry game" line on me.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:13 AM

If he thinks it will be less than 25, let him set the spread and take his money.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Just wishful thinking... ]

The hard part is Dabo has to convince the team that the coots are at all relevant.

Dabo doesn't preach the other team to our team. The mantra

Nov 12, 2019, 10:57 AM

is we play against Clemson every week. The opponent is irrelevant, and in this case, nothing could be more true thanks to their admin idiocy.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Out of respect for SCAR, should Clemson ]

TigersO said:

I've heard this several places.

Can you give me a reason why they will challenge us if our players are focused and ready for the game?

I keep hearing "The coot game could be closer than people think if Clemson doesn't come ready to play.", but nobody gives any football reasons.

It's really not a football reason but it is an emotional reason. Historically SC gets up for the Rivalry game just like they often play above their skill level against GA. Very often they make one of those games closer than it should be. They actually played Clemson closer than anyone else last year even though it was a blowout.

Wake and SC are two teams we have beaten handily lately. It would be easy for one of those games to get close enough to be uncomfortable if Clemson tries to sleepwalk through a game at the end of the season.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:29 AM

All over it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic