Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our defense has gotten worse and we clearly need
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Our defense has gotten worse and we clearly need

Nov 4, 2017, 11:38 PM

To figure out what we want to do on offense and get better at it. We are so inconsistent. That will get us beat eventually again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

d was pretty awesome a week ago***

Nov 4, 2017, 11:39 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: d was pretty awesome a week ago***

Nov 4, 2017, 11:40 PM

It was awesome a week ago because we have the triple option figured out. QBs that have half-decent protection are murdering us.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoked auburn and va tech

Nov 4, 2017, 11:43 PM

bc and wake too i think

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our defense has gotten worse and we clearly need

Nov 4, 2017, 11:40 PM

Someone addressed it on another thread. We are missing some key players (2 & 29) that would allow us to blitz more. Anyway, we will be fine when we get our players healthy.

That said - I think K'Von looked pretty good tonight. I expect he will get more PT.

Nov 4, 2017, 11:41 PM

Please go away OP, 8-1, #4, likely #3 this week, and clowns like you want to throw some crap out there and see if it sticks. Crawl back under your rock.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for more pawsitivity here 8 and 1 plus #4, what more

Nov 5, 2017, 3:43 AM

could we ask for?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's 9 games into the year now

Nov 4, 2017, 11:42 PM

At this point we just got to accept this is who we are. I just hope we can make it to the playoffs and that'll be a successful season for us.

Re: It's 9 games into the year now

Nov 4, 2017, 11:45 PM

I agree just making would be successful this seeason.

Great. I am depressed now.

Nov 4, 2017, 11:44 PM

Help me.

Nov 4, 2017, 11:55 PM

The front 4 has disappeared.Guess how many times Feaster got the ball after the 90 yard run...ZERO! Even better Kelly had 20 attempts and Feaster/Etienne had 15 combined. Kelley can run but he's not a great runner and I guess we'll just have to live with air mailing open receivers until Trevor arrives.

Nov 5, 2017, 9:12 AM

You do realize that a number of KBs runs are option calls where he reads the DE. KB is an excellent runner, I would prefer that he run a little less to take fewer shots.

If you want to watch an offense that lines up in the I and hands off the the tailback, I suggest you watch GA, Bama, LSU and BC. That is not who we are

Nov 5, 2017, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Our defense has gotten worse and we clearly need ]

You do realize that a number of KBs runs are option calls where he reads the DE. KB is an excellent runner, I would prefer that he run a little less to take fewer shots.

If you want to watch an offense that lines up in the I and hands off the the tailback, I suggest you watch GA, Bama, LSU and BC. That is not who we are

Disagree - but some weaknesses have been exposed

Nov 5, 2017, 12:10 AM

We don’t defend quick slants well.
Secondary is thin and gives up too much cushion.

I am not one to blame the refs but the front was held several times blatantly tonight without a single holding Call.

Re: Disagree - but some weaknesses have been exposed

Nov 5, 2017, 8:49 AM

Hard to defend a quick slant when you are 10 yards off the ball.

This philosophy is the wrong approach against an accurate QB and he torched the D.

Nov 5, 2017, 12:51 AM

I Think it is pretty actually pretty clear what is going on. Injuries. Everyone has them, but for all our talent with preseason injuries we were already thin. Big Dex hasn't been healthy all season and has been grinding. Joseph has looked gimpy for weeks, and our DBs are a M.A.S.H unit. I will be honest, on that first Wulfie TD when I saw Trapp in coverage I was yelling at the TV. And don't even get me started on losing Hugel. But we have who we have right now, and they are playing their tails off. I'm thrilled with how our boys have done, and when you look at the attrition from graduation, early NFL departures, and injury over the last several years, it's pretty fair to say we are playing with house money this year. While none of us saw the Syracuse loss, pre-season many of us would have excepted the fact that 2-3 losses was possible, especially Losing DW4. I for one am very satisfied overall and if we win an ACC Title again, im very happy. A playoff spot is just extra icing.

~this~glad to see some pawsitivity here...***

Nov 5, 2017, 3:40 AM

Injuries and a lack of depth up front

Nov 5, 2017, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Our defense has gotten worse and we clearly need ]

I can't ever remember us playing that little press man since Venables first year. Really need Fields to get healthy.

In a way it's like the 2015 defense. Wearing down as the year goes on only the injuries have compounded things. We seem especially vulnerable against a hurry up offense as we don't get a break between plays to catch a breath

Nov 5, 2017, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Our defense has gotten worse and we clearly need ]

If you told me Tigers would be 11-1 (assuming we win out) and in the CFB Playoffs back on September 2, I'd would have said "I'll take it".

Defense was running on fumes in 4th quarter, yet manned up and got it done when it counted most - game ball to Ray Ray.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Our defense has gotten worse and we clearly need ]

DITTO! DITTO! Spot on I don't know many teams that could still put a defense on the field after suffering as many injuries as we have!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 1:00 AM

clearly..... ;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More conservative D after that early TD pass, not blitzing

Nov 5, 2017, 3:37 AM

linebackers and DB's nearly as much as usual plus missing Fields and Marcus really hurts, and one handed Tanner Muse was a setback. I predict big D comeback for rest of season!

The “I refuse to enjoy a win” bored is that way ———>***

Nov 5, 2017, 5:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nov 5, 2017, 5:04 AM

When you say " eventually get us beat again " , were you thinking at some point that we may never lose ?

I bet your an " Elvis Lives ! " kinda dude .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 5, 2017, 8:27 AM

I don't think we are necessarily worse on either side of the ball. IMO, other teams have lots of film on us to study this far into the season and we are still trying to play conservative (hide our cards) so we can bring out the big guns when needed. I don't like that style of coaching, but since I'm no coach or player, my opinion doesn't amount to much.

We did the same thing last season, imo.

FSU will be tough. As much as I hate to say it, scar will be too. They've improved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have a lot of injuries. We played great considering.***

Nov 5, 2017, 8:40 AM

We are battling injuries especially in the secondary. Your feathers are showing again.***

Nov 5, 2017, 9:14 AM

Nov 5, 2017, 9:14 AM

We need Dan Brooks back!!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic