Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our OL looked soft no way to spin it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,318

Our OL looked soft no way to spin it

Sep 3, 2018, 6:34 PM

Looks like they would take on the toughness of the DL. Weak link on the team. Next week they be better ready to play or they will get exposed. Jimbo will surely use the same scheme that Bama did in the national championship game. Load the box and make KB beat them with his arm. Our OL has to get aggressive and quit getting pushed around. They will blitz most every play when KB is at QB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our OL looked soft no way to spin it

Sep 3, 2018, 6:53 PM

If the O-Line plays like they did against Furman it is gonna be a long day. TAMU has very good players, if the boys up front do not get a push it is going to force some things as far as the offense runs the game plan. Every coach we face this year watched that Sugar Bowl, the blueprint is there to follow and until proven wrong it is how they will play us with KB. Gotta be able to make some plays in the passing game in the beginning to force the defense to back off and respect a passing attack, QB will be facing a far superior secondary this week too. Chevis is a good D coordinator and he is gonna make KB prove it when he is in the game, same for young Thor. This game is not gonna be a cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination .

Sep 3, 2018, 7:06 PM

What did you guys put in your coffee? Did you not get a holiday off?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 7:29 PM

Just my usual 6 cups black to start the day and then cracked open the Bourbon. If it was opened too early I would have had to put it in a coffee mug to fool the wife.

Sep 3, 2018, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Our OL looked soft no way to spin it ]

Tiger1Dad said:

If the O-Line plays like they did against Furman it is gonna be a long day. TAMU has very good players, if the boys up front do not get a push it is going to force some things as far as the offense runs the game plan. Every coach we face this year watched that Sugar Bowl, the blueprint is there to follow and until proven wrong it is how they will play us with KB. Gotta be able to make some plays in the passing game in the beginning to force the defense to back off and respect a passing attack, QB will be facing a far superior secondary this week too. Chevis is a good D coordinator and he is gonna make KB prove it when he is in the game, same for young Thor. This game is not gonna be a cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination .

You do know that fat boy chavis is at arky with the chad right?....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 7:38 PM

Nope, in fact I did not, thanks for that info. I knew he was at LSU and then TAMU and did well at both so maybe I feel a bit better. His defenses at LSU were very tough, at TAMU they spent too much time on the field under Sumlin.

Sep 3, 2018, 7:05 PM

Look, no way to spin it...but Furman is a quality program, especially right now, and especially for FCS. That new coach of theirs, Clay Hendrix, brought in a lot of Troy Calhoun's very highly-regarded staff from Air Force, including that unconventional flexbone/option hybrid, and they know their business. I was at their camp last month and came away very, very impressed...they're organized, they're motivated, they're professional, and they had several hundred prospects in there and a lot of them were not chopped liver.

There's been times in the past where, frankly, that just wasn't the case and I wasn't always overly impressed with what was going on at Furman. This bunch is different, and frankly I'd rate them ahead of Carolina's coaching staff in some regards.

There's a lot of regional talent in the area - too much, frankly, for just the big FBS schools - and Furman's going to get some talent, and they definitely are equipped to do an awful lot with it. Keep in mind also how vanilla we were.

If we struggle against A&M...it might be time to worry, but I don't think we're going to. I'm actually glad we got an early look against them because it's definitely a good dress rehearsal for GT's triple option.

Sep 3, 2018, 7:21 PM

Come on now, can you really compare TAMU talent to Furman here, that is the crux of the question especially the defensive side that we faced and the one we will be facing this coming game.. The O-line did not look great Saturday against less talented kids. If you are not concerned you very well should be because TAMU has quality players on the defensive side of the ball and a pretty dang good defensive coordinator in Chevis. As far as a dress rehearsal for GT, I do believe Brent has had that covered very well. As far as vanilla , nothing more vanilla than O-line moving folks off the line, does not matter the call in truth as the job is to fire off the ball and create space. Most , if not all of your thoughts were on the Furman offense and it was their d-line we had issues moving while their offense got ate up. Not trying to be a Richard here but man this game is spooky after watching the O-Line play Saturday.

Sep 3, 2018, 7:35 PM

"Chief" Chavis is now with Chad Morris at Arkansas. I work with his brother and we were just talking about him this past week. Therefore, A&M has a new Def. Coordinator. I think that is something in our favor as how good do the players know the new system.

On the other side of the ball, I saw Northwestern State constantly harrass A&M's quarterbacks last week. I see multiple sacks in this game. They have a very good back and an awesome tight end but those were the strengths I saw.

SJT

Sep 3, 2018, 7:43 PM

Yup, I stand corrected on Chavis, too much Bourbon and relying on memory from last several seasons.TAMU Qb is not too shabby either though, they did put up 740 yards of total offense.

Sep 3, 2018, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Our OL looked soft no way to spin it ]

THIS ***

Smaller schools give scholarships too. They will make a few plays, especially the first game of the season. Just ask perv state about playing sun belt Appy State.

BWAAAAAAAK!

Sep 3, 2018, 7:12 PM

bwak bwak bwak!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 3, 2018, 7:16 PM

Roll out TL and the problem is solved.
That’s how DW beat Bama by making throws on the move.
So far in his career KB has proved unless he has time he can’t make good throws.
When teams stack the Box you start rolling out hitting 20-30 yard passes .
It won’t take long for them to drop back in coverage over the middle.
Hence the pass creating a run game.

Sep 3, 2018, 7:27 PM

For a few years now. I don't understand how we can't get 1 yd in 2 downs.... i.e. pitt, syracuse, nc state, almost anyone... we should be able to line up against anyone with our backs and get 3 or 4 yds especially if it would end the game...pass protection is whole nother issue... we have to get up in the north east and midwest and start recruiting...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Esp. if running Choice...***

Sep 3, 2018, 7:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 7:52 PM

4paws81 said:

Looks like they would take on the toughness of the DL. Weak link on the team. Next week they be better ready to play or they will get exposed. Jimbo will surely use the same scheme that Bama did in the national championship game. Load the box and make KB beat them with his arm. Our OL has to get aggressive and quit getting pushed around. They will blitz most every play when KB is at QB.

Definitely a coot alert.... we win by double digits. You forget that we play pretty well on the road in these atmospheres.

Sep 3, 2018, 7:56 PM

The weakest group from Saturday’s game. I hope they get it together before the T-net chorus starts the “ FIRE CALDWELL” chants. Just kidding....

Sep 3, 2018, 8:02 PM

crump has truly let this board get completely out of control. it is very sad to read some of the drivel written in here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 8:02 PM

Texas A&M's O-line is really bad.

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,318
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic