Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fields and defensive fronts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Fields and defensive fronts

Dec 28, 2020, 1:13 PM

Has Fields ever played against an elite four man defensive front? I know that we did not have our traditional war daddies last year. This year is different. Has he ever been pressed to make decisions as fast as he will have to on Friday?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fields and defensive fronts

Dec 28, 2020, 1:23 PM

Has Fields ever played against an elite four man defensive front? I know that we did not have our traditional war daddies last year. This year is different. Has he ever been pressed to make decisions as fast as he will have to on Friday?

No...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 1:24 PM

Imagine his decision making when he does ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our D-line will be the best he's ever seen, no doubt

Dec 28, 2020, 1:34 PM

I expect they will have him in scramble mode. He's a much more dangerous running threat than Ian Book. A disciplined pass rush is important like against ND.

During a play when a QB makes up their mind to run, it's often hard for them to revert back to pass mode. When Fields gets happy feet, decides he's going to run for it but cannot escape containment, good things should happen for us.

I feel A big Myles Murphy game coming on.

Dec 28, 2020, 1:40 PM

Not sure why; but I expect Murphy to have a big day! The rest. The time of year. He's basically a Sophomore now and has figured some things out! I like him to make some big plays in this game!

The whole defense will have to play well and 1st things first - stop the run! But, if you can get OSU in clear passing downs - I like Murph off the edge if that happens!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 1:45 PM

I think Fields gets defensive when examining his responses to defensive fields. He probably is still silently suffering from low self esteem around not being good enough to start at UGA. O Cry O State is like a cross eyed, meth smoking step sister compared to the mighty UGA/SEC Football Juggernaut of the Western World. Poor Justin....he'll just never be good enough.

Dec 28, 2020, 3:16 PM

Disguised Spy. Hidden Spy.

Whatever you want to call it, I think Venables will employ something like that. He did it against book. He didn't have a spy twp yards behind the LOS mirroring Book. Instead the "spy" - on most occassions - engaged the OL. But, he didn't try to penetrate. He engaged the lineman, keeping him busy, but kept his eye on Book and when book rolled out of the pocket, the spy disengaged the OL and followed him.

I'm not nearly smart enough to figure out all the subtleties. I was confused trying to figure it out during the game. Sometimes it was a LB, sometimes it was a DE.

But, did you notice that when Book broke containment he seldom had anywhere to run except straight to the sideline. He had a guy at the LOS waiting on him to turn upfield, so he would run toward the sideline while being pursued by the guys who did rush.

Even when Venables sent a blitz it was still not an all out blitz. I saw several occassions where two guys would come from the LB spot, engage the OL and then one of them would stop and start spying Book.

Buckeye coaches are plenty smart enough to figure it out far better than I can. They will have a plan. But, Venables is smart enough to know that they will have a plan and he can't do the same thing. So, he will adjust. I think there will still be a spy. I think it will be disguised. But, it won't be exactly like it was against Book.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 3:27 PM

One time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v11A5uxEe9c

war daddies

Dec 28, 2020, 4:46 PM

nice

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic