Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oui ! Oui !!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,850

Oui ! Oui !!

Jul 19, 2017, 8:03 PM

Our company had just recently arrived in France during WW2 and we were getting used to the French culture. I needed to go to the toilet in a French village. I recognized the sign for a rest room and seeing other men going in, that appeared to be a clue that it was a men's rest room. There were a bunch of stalls so I selected one that was unoccupied. Now these were the toilets that requires a person to squat and aim for a hole in the floor. The idea is to remain steady on your squat and don't lose your footing.

I soon realized I was in a unisex toilet because in the stall next to me was a lady's voice jabbering in French and I didn't know but three words in French, oui, fromage and merci. She wasn't using any of the three words I knew so I didn't know what or to whom she was addressing. She kept on jabbering away and finally she knocked on the side of the stall and asked, "You GI"? Now I could converse in her language and responded, "Oui".

She continued jabbering and finally I figured out she was asking me if I had any toilet tissue. Now, GIs long ago had learned to always carry a supply of toilet tissue in their helmet liners. Remembering back to my Boy Scout days to do a good turn daily, I peeled off several sheets and passed it to her under the partition separating the stalls. The partition was about four inches above the floor.

In return for my good deed, I received the nicest "merci". What a way to begin a few days in France. I knew only three words in French and in a toilet I was able to use or hear two-thirds of those words.

I was anxious to see what the lady looked like but before I could complete my activities, she had wiped and vanished.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oui ! Oui !!

Jul 19, 2017, 9:09 PM

In many parts of old France they still have those......at least they did 25yrs ago. They look like floor to six ft high urinals. The give away is the molded foot prints on the floor facing the hole for #1 and facing out for #2..........no stalls in most

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jul 19, 2017, 9:13 PM

Joe that lady probably still tells the same story , in french .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 19, 2017, 9:20 PM

Are you sure you weren't in Charlotte?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2017, 9:25 PM

Lulz .
Was the back of her hand hirsute ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 19, 2017, 9:55 PM

Please feel free to tell any or all such stories as they come to mind. Most enjoyable and we have to pass the summer months somehow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, Joe. But with that title I was expecting pigs.

Jul 19, 2017, 10:02 PM

C'est la Tigernet.

Keep 'em coming. True stories are hard to find these days.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially on this here web-net

Jul 20, 2017, 2:04 PM

nmn

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

U were in a toilet saying Oui Oui...now that's funny

Jul 20, 2017, 1:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,850
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic