Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
O'sullivan with 1 of the dumbest decisions of all-time and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,554

O'sullivan with 1 of the dumbest decisions of all-time and

Jun 17, 2012, 7:40 AM

it cost him. Who in the hell doesn't start their ace against the defending national champions? Roth is going give up few runs so you throw your ace in expectation of a 3-2 type of game. That combined with the fact that you try to get as many games out of your ace as possible during the possible 2 week run in Omaha. Waiting til Monday limits that.

It has become like other teams and coaches lose their minds when they play sc and go against the simplest percentages in baseball. Not to mention, that Florida whom is loaded looked like they were tight as a tick and played that way considering the most errors committed in a game all year.

SC is not lucky. They are just more fundamentally sound than everybody else and the put constant pressure on opponents until they crack. Thanks Sully for saving Randall for Kent St. Great move and that decision told me that you expected to lose to the coots and were setting yourself up for a hopeful run out of the losers bracket. Great mentality and I am sure your team questioned it too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just showed you dont know a whole lot

Jun 17, 2012, 7:56 AM

The guy that started for Florida last night had already beaten the Coots twice this year allowing only 4 total runs. The guy had the momentum of beating the Coots....... I would have taken those odds too and try to get by. Sometimes the night isn't yours.......... Give the Coots some credit, they are there for a reason and we arent. They have whipped us in Omaha and now are whipping Florida there too............. Give them a little credit as hard as it is to do.

If you read my post, you saw I gave them credit. You go

Jun 17, 2012, 8:15 AM

with your ace 100% of the time for the sole purpose of having him available for as many times as possible during the CWS. Also, he never went head-up vs Roth which is different. It's easy to toe the rubber when you are getting run support like he did previously vs coots. Last night he didn't and they kept putting pressure on him until he started getting pitches up in the zone which he pretty much did from the beginning.

I just don't understand sitting your #1 against a team that has the longest winning streak in post-season history. Game 1 win sets you up for a nice run so you do whatever possible to win which means throwing your ace.

How many times do you think you get to throw your ace????

Jun 17, 2012, 8:19 AM

nm

Once if you got 0-2. Roth will get 2 more starts on full

Jun 17, 2012, 8:22 AM

rest and 3 on 3 days rest if they need him. Hopefully, somebody can stand up against them and end it.

So you think Roth will start 3 more times????***

Jun 17, 2012, 8:30 AM

If they make run to finals and somebody beats them in proces

Jun 17, 2012, 8:36 AM

s then he will have chance. If they go 3-0 into finals then they won't need him. The guy wants the #### ball as much as possible and will go as much as they need him.

We can agree to disagree which is fine but you go with #1. Guy last night had 7 and 8 runs of support in previous games vs coots. He wasn't going to get that vs Roth so that has to be taken into consideration when choosing starter. O'sullivan gambled and it bit him in the ###. You could see it in his face that he knew he screwed up as the game went further along. You lose with your best.

Re: So you think Roth will start 3 more times????***

Jun 17, 2012, 10:04 AM [ in reply to So you think Roth will start 3 more times????*** ]

Brian Johnson was a 1st round pick in the draft

He might not have been their "ace" but he is no scrub

Somebody wasted a 1st round pick***

Jun 17, 2012, 1:50 PM

How many times do you think you get to throw your ace????

Jun 17, 2012, 8:19 AM [ in reply to If you read my post, you saw I gave them credit. You go ]

nm

It's my opinion that you go with #1 in that situation. If

Jun 17, 2012, 8:26 AM

they were playing Kent St in game 1 then I can see maybe gambling with sitting ace but not when you are playing back-to-back champion.

Yes, he would have looked like a genius if it worked but facing a guy that was 3-0 vs florida with a 0.9 era, I believe a throw my top gun.

If it's any consolation, Roth pitched 3 games last year

Jun 17, 2012, 2:47 PM [ in reply to How many times do you think you get to throw your ace???? ]

(in the CWS). First one against Texas A&M, the second game against Virginia, then the second game against Florida.

Re: You just showed you dont know a whole lot

Jun 17, 2012, 8:48 AM [ in reply to You just showed you dont know a whole lot ]

If I'm a Gator fan I would question Sully not pulling the pitcher when it was OBVIOUS he was struggling badly. With the bases loaded and nobody out Sully visits the mound and leaves the kid in. Next batter opens the floodgates and guess what? Sully thinks it may be time for a new pitcher. Duh!! I think he must have gotten this habit from Legett.

Re: Not really a bad decision at all...SC has handled

Jun 17, 2012, 10:07 AM

Randall, the UF ace in every game they have played.

Johnson had beaten SC twice and seemed to have their number, but SC in Omaha seems to be a different animal.

I tend to agree, truth. The reasoning that the guy had

Jun 17, 2012, 10:12 AM

pitched well in his previous starts against the coots this season is pushing your luck if you ask me. Just go with your #1 guy. But maybe a bigger mistake by O'Sullivan was he left him out there way too long in the fifth. Heck, you could see coming into the inning that they were hitting him pretty good in the previous 4. O.K. let him go back out to start the fifth, bet get him out of there immediately after he gives up two more straight hits to start the inning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He left his starter in too long******

Jun 17, 2012, 12:09 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,554
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic