Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OrTre Smith still September 11th?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

OrTre Smith still September 11th?

Sep 7, 2016, 8:48 PM

Does anyone know? His crystal Ball prediction does not look so good for us. Boy would it be great to snag him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OrTre Smith still September 11th?

Sep 7, 2016, 10:47 PM

Watched him play last week - not overly impressed.

Sep 8, 2016, 8:18 AM

I saw some yardage numbers from his first game and they didn't look as high as A Rogers or Higgins, but the kid has to be solid if Dabo is willing to jump in Keowee

I watch him play every week...

Sep 8, 2016, 8:36 AM

Don't let the numbers fool you. He is legit. Wando is running the ball with great success due to a veteran O Line and the double / triple coverage he draws. Most plays he has a corner tight with a safety over top and a LB or 2nd safety shaded to his side. Their RB has 8 TD's and 400 yds the last two games.... No need to force the pass when they are giving the run. Plus an inexperienced QB starting for first time.

Sep 8, 2016, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: OrTre Smith still September 11th? ]

They don't have a QB that can feed him the ball so they run...

he will feel right at home with menscramp and the coots

Sep 8, 2016, 9:14 AM

kid needs to be a tiger

Sep 8, 2016, 9:26 AM

Ah, the pungent odor of chicken feathers.

Smith could definitely play for us but he would be behind several studs at the WR position. The chickens will benefit from our embarrassment of riches. We (and they) have to accept the fact that we are at an elite level on the gridiron. And, just as the other bluebloods of college FB, we can't take everyone (Jamyest Williams) and thus the coots will snag some players as a result.

That being said, OrTre would do himself a great favor in life to go ahead and come to Tigertown, wait his turn, and then do his thing and possibly win a championship. Something that won't happen in cootville.

Re: The more I watch his film the more I think he's a TE at

Sep 8, 2016, 9:45 AM

the next level. Doesn't have elite speed, looks more like a possession-type of receiver.

With that said, it would be nice to have him but I think we have other options on the board at DB and DE.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: The more I watch his film the more I think he's a TE at

Sep 8, 2016, 9:51 AM

A lot of ppl agree with this. Bring him as a wide reciever let him start out there and then switch him. I think that is what scar will do. Some like him as a safety and he mentioned in a few interviews he likes the safety role.

Anyone who watches him play, does he play both ways at Wando? If so what is your take on him in regards to defense??

Sep 8, 2016, 11:15 AM

OrTre is a big body good reciever. the problem is Clemson is very deep at receiver and that could be intimidating to young kids. If he went to the coots, just like bryan edwards did last year, he will play asap and be able to play what he wants ...I think seeing Bryan Edwards getting alot of playing time may influence his decision towards the coots alot.... i would like to see him in tigertown... can never have too much talent on one team...

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic