Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Open receivers overlooked?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,949

Open receivers overlooked?

Dec 31, 2019, 8:21 AM

Looking for others opinion as I have only seen Clemson play on TV. In some of the replays it appears that many open receivers are down field or overlooked. Lawrence seems to favor Higgins to a fault so when Higgins went down Lawrence wasn't finding the alternate. Without the ability to see the whole field develop I don't know. It appears that OSU was dropping a lot of people in coverage respecting Lawrence's throwing in turn opening up big lanes. Maybe by dropping extra people in coverage his receivers were covered up? Is Higgins just that good at getting open? He makes some great catches.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Open receivers overlooked?

Dec 31, 2019, 8:22 AM

I got the same impression.

Dec 31, 2019, 8:22 AM

I got the same impression.

I think it had more to do with OSU pressure and

Dec 31, 2019, 8:23 AM

yes, he is that good and tall with long arms.

16 carries for 107 yards was a pretty nice way to

Dec 31, 2019, 8:30 AM

counter O4O State's extra coverage. Then the go-ahead TD pass to ETN at the end that was perfectly set up from all those earlier runs. I don't know - the way this staff gameplans for 4 quarters perhaps a fair amount of balls thrown to Tee was by design. TL found Amari deep middle when we needed it. It's hard to say.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 16 carries for 107 yards was a pretty nice way to

Dec 31, 2019, 8:44 AM

I like it-- GAME PLAN. Win the next game, Tigers-- Go C L E M S O N!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 8:46 AM

Watching with family, and on several replays we noted other receivers in the ‘camera field of view’ open downfield, etc. I am of the opinion that the open guys’ defender had already broken off to the ball. It is really hard to tell, as the camera men are very good at following the ball (one advantage with actually attending a game and being able to see more of the field/action).

As for - what I’m perceiving as your concern that TL is not seeing them or favoring Tee over others - I think our coaches and TL’s film study will address it, if he is.

Lastly, those 0-4-0 State defensive backs were balling - and some of the best DBs we’ve seen. Not to mention ALL of their defenders were ‘bringing the wood’. That was s hard hitting game on both sides. Many of those present, on the sidelines, etc., mentioned this a number of times.

The media narrative all year WAS annoying with the ‘played nobody’ rhetoric. Which makes it irritating to admit (whether we care to admit or not), but the bucknuts WERE the best we’ve played. I think that had a LOT to do with Trevor’s performance.

It’s going to be more of the same in two weeks....

.... but yours truly STILL feels like we are going to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I think a lot of times receivers look open when the ball

Dec 31, 2019, 8:52 AM

is in the air and the camera shifts downfield because their defenders have already seen where TL and broken off their coverage to run towards the ball.

He’s not very good...

Dec 31, 2019, 9:00 AM

Doesn’t understand going through progressions

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,949
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic